0 of 16 questions completed
CCNA Cyber Ops (Version 1.1) – Chapter 1 Test Online Full
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 16 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsWhat is a potential risk when using a free and open wireless hotspot in a public location?CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsHow does a security information and event management system (SIEM) in a SOC help the personnel fight against security threats?CorrectIncorrect
HintA security information and event management system (SIEM) combines data from multiple sources to help SOC personnel collect and filter data, detect and classify threats, analyze and investigate threats, and manage resources to implement preventive measures.
3. Question1 pointsWhich statement best describes a motivation of hacktivists?CorrectIncorrect
HintEach type of cybercriminal has a distinct motivation for his or her actions.
4. Question1 pointsIf a SOC has a goal of 99.999% uptime, how many minutes of downtime a year would be considered within its goal?CorrectIncorrect
HintWithin a year, there are 365 days x 24 hours a day x 60 minutes per hour = 525,600 minutes. With the goal of uptime 99.999% of time, the downtime needs to be controlled under 525,600 x (1-0.99999) = 5.256 minutes a year.
5. Question1 pointsWhy do IoT devices pose a greater risk than other computing devices on a network?CorrectIncorrect
HintIoT devices commonly operate using their original firmware and do not receive updates as frequently as laptops, desktops, and mobile platforms.
6. Question1 pointsWhich two services are provided by security operations centers? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintSecurity operations centers (SOCs) can provide a broad range of services to defend against threats to information systems of an organization. These services include monitoring threats to network security and managing comprehensive solutions to fight against threats. Ensuring secure routing exchanges and providing secure Internet connections are tasks typically performed by a network operations center (NOC). Responding to facility break-ins is typically the function and responsibility of the local police department.
7. Question1 pointsUsers report that a database file on the main server cannot be accessed. A database administrator verifies the issue and notices that the database file is now encrypted. The organization receives a threatening email demanding payment for the decryption of the database file. What type of attack has the organization experienced?CorrectIncorrect
HintA cybersecurity specialist needs to be familiar with the characteristics of the different types of malware and attacks that threaten an organization.
8. Question1 pointsWhich organization offers the vendor-neutral CySA+ certification?CorrectIncorrect
9. Question1 pointsWhat was used as a cyberwarfare weapon to attack a uranium enrichment facility in Iran?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe Stuxnet malware program is an excellent example of a sophisticated cyberwarfare weapon. In 2010, it was used to attack programmable logic controllers that operated uranium enrichment centrifuges in Iran.
10. Question1 pointsWhich three technologies should be included in a SOC security information and event management system? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintTechnologies in a SOC should include the following: • Event collection, correlation, and analysis • Security monitoring • Security control • Log management • Vulnerability assessment • Vulnerability tracking • Threat intelligence Proxy server, VPN, and IPS are security devices deployed in the network infrastructure.
11. Question1 pointsWhich personnel in a SOC is assigned the task of verifying whether an alert triggered by monitoring software represents a true security incident?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a SOC, the job of a Tier 1 Alert Analyst includes monitoring incoming alerts and verifying that a true security incident has occurred.
12. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes cyberwarfare?CorrectIncorrect
HintCyberwarfare is Internet-based conflict that involves the penetration of the networks and computer systems of other nations. Organized hackers are typically involved in such an attack.
13. Question1 pointsin the operation of a SOC, which system is frequently used to let an analyst select alerts from a pool to investigate?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a SOC, a ticketing system is typically used for a work flow management system.
14. Question1 pointsWhat name is given to an amateur hacker?CorrectIncorrect
HintScript kiddies is a term used to describe inexperienced hackers
15. Question1 pointsWhich personnel in a SOC are assigned the task of hunting for potential threats and implementing threat detection tools?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a SOC, Tier 3 SMEs have expert-level skills in network, endpoint, threat intelligence, and malware reverse engineering (RE). They are deeply involved in hunting for potential security threats and implementing threat detection tools.
16. Question1 pointsMatch the components to the major categories in a SOC.
- SOS processes (1)
- SOS processes (2)
- SOS processes (3)
- SOS Technologies (1)
- SOS Technologies (2)
- SOS Technologies (3)