IT Essentials 8.0 Module 184.108.40.206 Security-Quiz Answers
1. Which is an example of social engineering?
- a computer displaying unauthorized pop-ups and adware
- the infection of a computer by a virus carried by a Trojan
- an anonymous programmer directing a DDoS attack on a data center
- an unidentified person claiming to be a technician collecting user information from employees
2. Which type of security threat uses email that appears to be from a legitimate sender and asks the email recipient to visit a website to enter confidential information?
- stealth virus
3. Which action could be used to determine if a host is compromised and flooding traffic onto the network?
- Unseat and then reconnect the hard drive connectors on the host.
- Disconnect the host from the network.
- Check the host hard drive for errors and file system issues.
- Examine the Device Manager on the host for device conflicts.
4. When a support technician is troubleshooting a security issue on a system, which action should the technician take just before documenting the findings and closing the ticket?
- Boot the system in Safe Mode.
- Disconnect the system from the network.
- Ensure that all applications are working.
- Ask what the problem is that the customer is experiencing.
5. A technician discovers that an employee has attached an unauthorized wireless router to the company network so that the employee can get Wi-Fi coverage while outside taking a break. The technician immediately reports this to a supervisor. What are two actions that the company should take in response to this situation? (Choose two.)
- Create a guest account for the employee to use when outside the building.
- Add an authorized wireless access point to the network to extend coverage for the employee.
- Make sure that the wireless router is not broadcasting an SSID.
- Immediately remove the device from the network.
- Consult the company security policy to decide on actions to take against the employee.
6. When a user turns on the PC on Wednesday, the PC displays a message indicating that all of the user files have been locked. In order to get the files unencrypted, the user is supposed to send an email and include a specific ID in the email title. The message also includes ways to buy and submit bitcoins as payment for the file decryption. After inspecting the message, the technician suspects a security breach occurred. What type of malware could be responsible?
7. A technician has recently joined an organization and during the first week on the job, discovers a security breach. What policy should the technician implement after the security breach has occurred?
- acceptable use policy
- remote access policy
- incident handling policy
- identification and authentication policy
8. A corporate executive has asked the IT department to provide a solution to ensure data security of removable drives that are being taken off the premises. Which security solution should be recommended?
- BitLocker To Go
9. As data is being stored on a local hard disk, which method would secure the data from unauthorized access?
- data encryption
- a duplicate hard drive copy
- deletion of sensitive files
- two factor authentication
10. Which type of hard drive format is commonly performed at the factory where the drive is assembled?
11. A technician has recently changed jobs from supporting a small company to a large company in the security group. What are two types of passwords the larger company could use to secure a workstation? (Choose two.)
12. A corporate employee has recently taken the mandated security awareness training and is wanting to use the correct security term. Which issue can occur when browsing the internet and is often initiated by the destination website?
- privacy screen
13. A technician in a small business is configuring the local security policy for a computer. Which configuration setting would the technician use to require the user to change the password after 90 days?
- Enforce password history
- Maximum password age
- Minimum password length
- Password must meet complexity requirements
14. When configuring Windows security, which term is used to mean a rule assocated with an object such as a folder or printer?
15. Which two characteristics of network traffic are being monitored if a network technician configures the company firewall to operate as a packet filter? (Choose two.)
- packet speed
- MAC addresses
- packet size