IT Essentials 8.0 Module 126.96.36.199 The IT Professional Quiz Answers
1. What is considered ethical behavior by a technician when communicating with a customer?
- A technician can send forged emails to customers.
- A technician can send mass emails to customers.
- A technician must only send solicited emails.
- It is normal to send chain emails to customers.
2. What is the correct way to conduct a telephone call to troubleshoot a computer problem?
- Always gather information from the customer and escalate the problem.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times.
- Ask personal questions to get better acquainted with the customer.
- Explain each step to help the customer understand the troubleshooting process.
3. What are two examples of displaying professional communication skills while talking to a customer? (Choose two.)
- the use of active listening, with occasional interjections such as “I see” or “I understand”
- clarifying what customers say after they have finished their explanations
- interrupting customers with a question to gather more information
- asking customers to paraphrase their explanations
- focusing on what you cannot do to give customers an idea of the magnitude of the problem
4. Which situation would require that a support desk call be given the highest priority?
- The company cannot operate because of a system failure.
- A couple of computers have operating system errors.
- Some computers cannot log in to the network.
- Two users are requesting an application enhancement.
- A user is requesting a RAM memory upgrade.
5. A customer is upset and wants to speak to a specific technician to resolve a problem immediately. The requested technician is away from the office for the next hour. What is the best way to handle this call?
- Refer the angry customer to a supervisor.
- Advise the customer that the requested technician is out of the office and insist on trying to resolve the problem.
- Make an offer to help the customer immediately, and advise the customer that otherwise the requested technician will call the customer back within two hours.
- Ignore the request for the specific technician by walking through a step-by-step process with the customer in an attempt to refocus the customer and solve the problem.
6. What approach should a technician take when receiving a call from a stressed customer?
- Ask the customer to telephone back when the customer is feeling less stressed.
- Ask the customer to hold, and then wait five minutes for the customer to calm down.
- Try to establish a rapport with the customer.
- Transfer the customer to a level-two technician who will ask the customer to explain the problem again.
7. A supervisor received a complaint that one of the technicians was rude and disrespectful. Which action by the technician most likely caused the customer to complain?
- The technician interrupted a number of times to ask questions.
- The technician occasionally confirmed an understanding of the problem.
- The customer was escalated to a level-two technician.
- The technician ended the call without saying ‘Have a nice day’.
8. Once a technician understands a customer complaint, it is common to ask closed-ended questions. Which question is a close-ended one?
- What happened before the error occurred?
- Is this the first time the error occurred?
- What happened after the error occurred?
- What error messages were displayed when the error occurred?
9. What category of technician uses remote access software to update a computer belonging to a customer?
- level one technicians
- field technicians
- bench technicians
- level two technicians
10. In which situation would it be appropriate for a technician to back up personal and confidential data from a computer belonging to a customer?
- if the technician feels it necessary to back it up
- if illegal content is discovered on the customer computer
- if the customer forgets to sign the work order
- if the customer permits it
11. A technician working on a computer discovers what is suspected to be illegal activity. Which three pieces of information should be immediately documented? (Choose three.)
- duration of the suspected illegal activity
- evidence of the suspected illegal activity
- why the computer was accessed by the technician
- details of all past users of the computer
- technical specifications of the computer
- location of the computer
12. What action should a technician avoid when dealing with a talkative customer?
- asking social questions such as “How are you today?”
- giving the customer a full minute to talk
- stepping in and attempting to refocus the customer
- asking closed-ended questions to regain control of the conversation
13. What two roles or tasks are associated with the level one technician? (Choose two.)
- gathering customer information to initiate a work order
- escalating a trouble ticket to a level two technician
- receiving escalated work orders from level two technicians
- remotely updating customer drivers and software
- gathering diagnostic information from a customer computer
14. Which statement best describes a call center?
- It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
- It is a place to provide computer support to customers.
- It is a busy, fast-paced work environment that documents computer problems after they have been repaired by technicians.
- It is a help desk environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
15. A customer is explaining a problem with a computer to a technician. The technician recognizes the problem prior to the customer finishing the explanation. What should the technician do?
- Interrupt the customer and let the customer know that the technician knows what the problem is.
- Start working on the PC while listening to the customer at the same time.
- Ask the customer to repeat the problem so that the technician can document it and verify all the facts.
- Wait politely for the customer to finish explaining the problem.
16. A programmer is building a script in order to calculate the corporate bank account balance within two decimal places. Which data type would be used in the script to represent the balance?
17. A programmer uses an operator to compare two variable values within a program. The variable A is assigned a value of 5 and the valuable B is assigned a value of 7. Which condition test syntax would have provided the result of “true”?
- A != B
- A == B
- A > B
- A >= B
18. Which programming language utilizes scripts that are interpreted and executed line by line when the script is run?