1. Which message does an IPv4 host use to reply when it receives a DHCPOFFER message from a DHCP server?
2. On a home network, which device is most likely to provide dynamic IP addressing to clients on the home network?
- a home router
- an ISP DHCP server
- a DNS server
- a dedicated file server
3. Which protocol automates assignment of IP addresses on a network, and which port number does it use? (Choose two.)
4. A particular website does not appear to be responding on a Windows 7 computer. What command could the technician use to show any cached DNS entries for this web page?
- ipconfig /all
- arp -a
- ipconfig /displaydns
5. What type of server would use IMAP?
6. What is a benefit of using DDNS?
- DDNS has a service called ICANN Lookup used to obtain the registration record of a URL.
- DDNS is a more secure version of DNS and has a robust security profile.
- DDNS is a starting point for identifying potentially dangerous internet locations that may have been reached through the network.
- The DDNS provider detects a change to the client IP address and immediately updates the mapping change.
7. What application layer protocol describes the services that are used for file sharing in Microsoft networks?
8. Which application layer protocol uses message types such as GET, PUT, and POST?
9. Which protocol enables mail to be downloaded from an email server to a client and then deletes the email from the server?
10. Which website is considered secure because it encrypts the communication between the website and visitors?
11. Refer to the exhibit. NAT is configured on Remote and Main. The PC is sending a request to the web server. What IPv4 address is the source IP address in the packet between Main and the web server?
12. Which statement best describes the operation of the File Transfer Protocol?
- An FTP server uses a source port number of 21 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of control traffic with an FTP client.
- An FTP client uses a source port number of 20 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of data traffic with an FTP Server.
- An FTP server uses a source port number of 20 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of control traffic with an FTP client.
- An FTP client uses a source port number of 21 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of control traffic with an FTP Server.
13. In NAT translation for internal hosts, what address would be used by external users to reach internal hosts?
- outside global
- inside global
- inside local
- outside local
14. What is an example of a top-level domain?