IT Essentials 8.0 Module 10.4.1.2 Windows Installation Quiz Answers
1. Which location on a hard disk is used by the BIOS to search for operating system instructions in order to boot a PC?
- the logical drive
- the active partition
- the Windows partition
- the extended partition
2. A technician is asked to set up one hard drive that will support two operating systems and will store data files in three separate drive locations. Which partition settings will support these requirements?
- 1 primary, 3 active, 1 extended, 2 logical
- 2 logical, 2 active, 3 extended
- 2 primary, 1 active, 1 extended, 3 logical
- 3 primary, 1 active, 2 extended
3. What type of file system allows the use of files larger than 5 GB and is mostly used on internal hard drives?
4. Which user account should be used only to perform system management and not as the account for regular use?
- standard user
- power user
5. What contains information on how hard drive partitions are organized?
6. What term is used to describe a logical drive that can be formatted to store data?
7. Which file system is used to access files over a network?
8. What are two advantages of the NTFS file system compared with FAT32? (Choose two.)
- NTFS allows faster access to external peripherals such as a USB drive.
- NTFS supports larger partitions.
- NTFS provides more security features.
- NTFS allows faster formatting of drives.
- NTFS is easier to configure.
- NTFS allows the automatic detection of bad sectors.
9. A technician is attempting to create multiple partitions on a hard disk that is using the boot sector standard that supports a maximum partition size of 2TB. What is the maximum number of primary partitions allowed per hard drive?
10. What are two types of computer user interface? (Choose two.)
11. What is the maximum amount of physical RAM that can be addressed by a PC running 32-bit Windows 10 Pro?
- 2 GB
- 4 GB
- 8 GB
- 16 GB
12. What is the default file system used during a fresh installation of Windows 10?
13. Which type of user account is created automatically and enabled during a Windows 10 installation?
- Remote Desktop user
- Standard user