1. Match the printing term to the correct definition.
2. Match the printer port with the respective description.
3. Match the inkjet printer part to the correct purpose.
4. Match the laser printer part to the correct purpose.
5. Match the laser printing process to the correct explanation.
6. Match the characteristic to the appropriate type of printer.
- The ribbon strikes the paper, imprinting the character on the paper – Impact Printer
- These printers use continuous feed paper and can print carbon copies – Impact Printer
- Perforated strips on the side are used to feed the paper and to prevent skewing or shifting – Impact Printer
- The heated areas of the print head make the image on the paper – Thermal Printer
- There is no cost for ink or toner – Thermal Printer
7. Match the virtual printing term to the appropriate characteristic.
8. Match a 3D printer part to the correct purpose.
9. Match the common printer settings to the appropriate type.
- Grayscale Printing – Configuration
- Duplex – Configuration
- Print Quality – Configuration
- Output Path Selection – Media Control
- Paper Weight – Media Control
- Print Speed – Media Control
10. Match the setting type to the correct characteristic.
11. Match the printer server feature to the correct type of printer server.
- The server accepts incoming print jobs from computers, thereby freeing the computers for other tasks. However, it can only manage one printer. – Dedicated
- Used in large networking environments to manage multiple printers at a time. – Dedicated
- He computer sharing the printer uses its own resources to manage the print jobs coming to the printer. – Dedicated
- It must have a powerful processor, adequate storage space, and memory to meet the requests of print clients. – Dedicated
12. Read each statement. Depending on what you think of the statement, select True or False.
- Printers are affected by temperature, humidity, and electrical interference. – True
- Paper is not affected by its environment. – False
- Toner cartridges should be kept in their original wrappers. – True
- Toner is not affected by humidity. – False
- Dust is an environmental problem for all printers. – True
13. Match the item to the appropriate thermal printer preventive maintenance description.
14. Match the item to the appropriate impact printer preventive maintenance description