1. Users in a company have complained about network performance. After investigation, the IT staff has determined that an attacker has used a specific technique that affects the TCP three-way handshake. What is the name of this type of network attack?
- DNS poisoning
- session hijacking
- SYN flood
2. Which type of attack involves the unauthorized discovery and mapping of network systems and services?
- trust exploitation
3. In which TCP attack is the cybercriminal attempting to overwhelm a target host with half-open TCP connections?
- SYN flood attack
- port scan attack
- session hijacking attack
- reset attack
4. What kind of ICMP message can be used by threat actors to map an internal IP network?
- ICMP echo request
- ICMP redirects
- ICMP router discovery
- ICMP mask reply
5. What is involved in an IP address spoofing attack?
- A legitimate network IP address is hijacked by a rogue node.
- A rogue DHCP server provides false IP configuration parameters to legitimate DHCP clients.
- A rogue node replies to an ARP request with its own MAC address indicated for the target IP address.
- Bogus DHCPDISCOVER messages are sent to consume all the available IP addresses on a DHCP server.
6. How is optional network layer information carried by IPv6 packets?
- inside an extension header attached to the main IPv6 packet header
- inside an options field that is part of the IPv6 packet header
- inside the Flow Label field
- inside the payload carried by the IPv6 packet
7. An attacker is using a laptop as a rogue access point to capture all network traffic from a targeted user. Which type of attack is this?
- man in the middle
- port redirection
- buffer overflow
- trust exploitation
8. A disgruntled employee is using some free wireless networking tools to determine information about the enterprise wireless networks. This person is planning on using this information to hack the wireless network. What type of attack is this?
- Trojan horse
9. Which term describes a field in the IPv4 packet header used to detect corruption in the IPv4 header?
- source IPv4 address
- header checksum
10. Which field in the IPv4 header is used to prevent a packet from traversing a network endlessly?
- Sequence Number
- Differentiated Services
- Acknowledgment Number
11. Which field in an IPv6 packet is used by the router to determine if a packet has expired and should be dropped?
- No Route to Destination
- Hop Limit
- Address Unreachable
12. A threat actor uses a program to launch an attack by sending a flood of UDP packets to a server on the network. The program sweeps through all of the known ports trying to find closed ports. It causes the server to reply with an ICMP port unreachable message and is similar to a DoS attack. Which two programs could be used by the threat actor to launch the attack? (Choose two.)
- Low Orbit Ion Cannon
- UDP Unicorn
13. A threat actor wants to interrupt a normal TCP communication between two hosts by sending a spoofed packet to both endpoints. Which TCP option bit would the threat actor set in the spoofed packet?