1. A host is transmitting a broadcast. Which host or hosts will receive it?
- the closest neighbor on the same network
- all hosts on the Internet
- all hosts in the same network
- a specially defined group of hosts
2. Which statement describes a characteristic of cloud computing?
- A business can connect directly to the Internet without the use of an ISP.
- Investment in new infrastructure is required in order to access the cloud.
- Applications can be accessed over the Internet by individual users or businesses using any device, anywhere in the world.
- Devices can connect to the Internet through existing electrical wiring.
3. A network administrator can successfully ping the server at www.cisco.com, but cannot ping the company web server located at an ISP in another city. Which tool or command would help identify the specific router where the packet was lost or delayed?
4. Which OSI model layer contains protocols for process-to-process communication?
5. At which OSI layer is a destination port number added to a PDU during the encapsulation process?
- data link layer
- transport layer
- network layer
- application layer
6. What process involves placing one PDU inside of another PDU?
- flow control
7. Which statement accurately describes a TCP/IP encapsulation process when a PC is sending data to the network?
- Packets are sent from the network access layer to the transport layer.
- Data is sent from the internet layer to the network access layer.
- Frames are sent from the network access layer to the internet layer.
- Segments are sent from the transport layer to the internet layer.
8. A web client is receiving a response for a web page from a web server. From the perspective of the client, what is the correct order of the protocol stack that is used to decode the received transmission?
- HTTP, TCP, IP, Ethernet
- Ethernet, IP, TCP, HTTP
- Ethernet, TCP, IP, HTTP
- HTTP, Ethernet, IP, TCP
9. How does BYOD change the way in which businesses implement networks?
- BYOD devices are more expensive than devices that are purchased by an organization.
- BYOD provides flexibility in where and how users can access network resources.
- BYOD users are responsible for their own network security, thus reducing the need for organizational security policies.
- BYOD requires organizations to purchase laptops rather than desktops.
10. In computer communication, what is the purpose of message encoding?
- to negotiate correct timing for successful communication
- to break large messages into smaller frames
- to interpret information
- to convert information to the appropriate form for transmission
11. Which statement is true about the TCP/IP and OSI models?
- The TCP/IP network access layer has similar functions to the OSI network layer.
- The OSI Layer 7 and the TCP/IP application layer provide identical functions.
- The TCP/IP transport layer and OSI Layer 4 provide similar services and functions.
- The first three OSI layers describe general services that are also provided by the TCP/IP internet layer.
12. What method can be used by two computers to ensure that packets are not dropped because too much data is being sent too quickly?
- flow control
- response timeout
- access method