1. Which type of laptop display has components that may contain mercury and use either a CCFL or LED backlight?
2. A technician is trying to determine the cause of a laptop problem. Which of the listed activities is an example of the technician testing a theory?
- The technician uses an AC adapter to power the laptop.
- The technician asks the user the time the user first noticed the problem.
- The technician determines that the keyboard does not work.
- The technician suspects a loose cable.
3. Which wireless technology can be used to connect wireless headphones to a computer?
4. A traveling sales representative uses a cell phone to interact with the home office and customers, track samples, make sales calls, log mileage, and upload/download data while at a hotel. Which internet connectivity method would be a preferred method to use on the mobile device due to the low cost?
5. What is used to provide location information to smart devices?
- Zigbee coordinator
- smart hub
6. Which laptop component makes use of throttling to reduce power consumption and heat?
- hard drive
- optical drive
7. Which laptop part is removed by pressing outwards on clips that hold it into place?
- card reader
- power supply
- wireless antenna
8. Why are SODIMMs well suited for laptops?
- They have a small form factor.
- They are interchangeable with desktops.
- They do not produce heat.
- They connect to external ports.
9. Which type of media would be used with a card reader attached to a laptop?
10. What two sources of information are used to enable geocaching, geotagging and device tracking on Android and iOS devices? (Choose two.)
- the user profile
- GPS signals
- images of the environment from the integrated camera
- the relative position to other mobile devices
- cellular or Wi-Fi network
11. Which statement is true of laptop motherboards?
- They are interchangeable with most desktop motherboards.
- The form factor varies by manufacturer.
- They follow standard form factors so they can be interchanged easily.
- Most of them use the ATX form factor.
12. Which protocol enables mail to be downloaded from an email server to a client and then deletes the email from the server?
13. At a conference, a presenter cannot get the laptop to display through the projector and a technician is called. What should the technician try first?
- Replace the projector or provide an alternate one.
- Use the appropriate Fn key to output to the external display.
- Attach an AC adapter to the laptop.
- Reboot the laptop.
14. Which ACPI power state provides power to the CPU and RAM, but powers down unused devices?
15. What is a CRU as it relates to a laptop?
- a part a user can replace
- a network connector
- a type of storage device
- a type of processor