1. A cyberanalyst is reviewing an entry-point ACL. What three types of ICMP traffic should be allowed to access an internal network from the internet? (Choose three.)
- destination unreachable
- time exceeded
2. A company decides to purchase a device capable of managing load balancing so that traffic will be distributed between their servers. What could be a potential problem using the new device on the network?
- It will cause extra traffic going to a server resource that is not available.
- It will require the purchase of more servers so that existing servers are not overwhelmed.
- The traffic will require more bandwidth to send to multiple servers.
- All links to redundant servers will require encrypted tunneling protocols.
- The LBM probe messages may appear as suspicious traffic.
3. What method allows VPN traffic to remain confidential?
4. To facilitate the troubleshooting process, which inbound ICMP message should be permitted on an outside interface?
- time-stamp reply
- echo reply
- time-stamp request
- router advertisement
- echo request
5. In which way does the use of HTTPS increase the security monitoring challenges within enterprise networks?
- HTTPS traffic enables end-to-end encryption.
- HTTPS traffic does not require authentication.
- HTTPS traffic can carry a much larger data payload than HTTP can carry.
- HTTPS traffic is much faster than HTTP traffic.
6. Which type of server would support the SMTP, POP, and IMAP protocols?
7. Which network service synchronizes the time across all devices on the network?
8. What port number would be used if a threat actor was using NTP to direct DDoS attacks?
9. Which protocol is used to send e-mail messages between two servers that are in different e-mail domains?
10. How do cybercriminals make use of a malicious iFrame?
- The iFrame allows multiple DNS subdomains to be used.
- The attacker embeds malicious content in business appropriate files.
- The attacker redirects traffic to an incorrect DNS server.
- The iFrame allows the browser to load a web page from another source.
11. Which type of server daemon accepts messages sent by network devices to create a collection of log entries?
12. What type of server can threat actors use DNS to communicate with?
13. Which statement describes the function provided by the Tor network?
- It allows users to browse the Internet anonymously.
- It manipulates packets by mapping IP addresses between two networks.
- It distributes user packets through load balancing.
- It conceals packet contents by establishing end-to-end tunnels.
14. How can NAT/PAT complicate network security monitoring if NetFlow is being used?
- It conceals the contents of a packet by encrypting the data payload.
- It hides internal IP addresses by allowing them to share one or a few outside IP addresses.
- It changes the source and destination MAC addresses.
- It disguises the application initiated by a user by manipulating port numbers.