1. Which statement describes the Software-Optimized Encryption Algorithm (SEAL)?
- SEAL is a stream cipher.
- It is an example of an asymmetric algorithm.
- It requires more CPU resources than software-based AES does.
- It uses a 112-bit encryption key.
2. Which statement is a feature of HMAC?
- HMAC is based on the RSA hash function.
- HMAC uses protocols such as SSL or TLS to provide session layer confidentiality.
- HMAC uses a secret key as input to the hash function, adding authentication to integrity assurance.
- HMAC uses a secret key that is only known to the sender and defeats man-in-the-middle attacks.
3. Which requirement of secure communications is ensured by the implementation of MD5 or SHA hash generating algorithms?
4. Which algorithm can ensure data confidentiality?
5. In which way does the use of HTTPS increase the security monitoring challenges within enterprise networks?
- HTTPS traffic enables end-to-end encryption.
- HTTPS traffic can carry a much larger data payload than HTTP can carry.
- HTTPS traffic does not require authentication.
- HTTPS traffic is much faster than HTTP traffic.
6. Which protocol is an IETF standard that defines the PKI digital certificate format?
7. What are two symmetric encryption algorithms? (Choose two.)
8. What is the purpose of code signing?
- integrity of source .EXE files
- data encryption
- source identity secrecy
- reliable transfer of data
9. Which statement describes the use of certificate classes in the PKI?
- A vendor must issue only one class of certificates when acting as a CA.
- A class 5 certificate is more trustworthy than a class 4 certificate.
- Email security is provided by the vendor, not by a certificate.
- The lower the class number, the more trusted the certificate.
10. What role does an RA play in PKI?
- a subordinate CA
- a super CA
- a backup root CA
- a root CA
11. What technology supports asymmetric key encryption used in IPsec VPNs?
12. What technology allows users to verify the identity of a website and to trust code that is downloaded from the Internet?
- digital signature
- hash algorithm
- asymmetric key algorithm