Assessment – SWITCH Chapter 5 – CCNP SWITCH (Version 6.0) Exam Answers
1. What three steps will configure Cisco IOS server load balancing (SLB) in a server farm that is in a data center with real servers? (Choose three.)
- Globally enable IOS SLB.
- Define the server farm.
- Add a trunk link to the switch to connect the real servers.
- Associate the real server with the server farm.
- Define the virtual IP address.
- Enable the real server and define it to be used for the server farm.
2. Refer to the exhibit. From the syslog output, what option is set on the switch sending the messages?
- The sequence number is set.
- The time stamp is set for uptime.
- The logging severity level is set to 3.
- The logging facility number is set to sys12.
3. What is the main purpose of implementing Cisco NSF?
- to continue forwarding IP packets following an RP switchover
- to forward all STP updates to all switches in the network.
- to keep a backup copy of the latest MAC table in the event of RAM failure.
- to move switch ports that are currently in blocking mode to forwarding mode with minimal packet loss
4. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is correct about the network?
- A Layer 3 link should be installed between the two distribution switches to avoid unexpected traffic paths and multiple convergence events.
- The root bridge and HSRP active router should be two different devices.
- A Layer 2 access link is required between the two access switches to ensure optimal redundancy.
- A third distribution switch should be installed to create redundancy in the event the root bridge fails.
5. Which two statements are true about the Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)? (Choose two.)
- A router in the speak state sends periodic hello messages to all routers in the group to acquire a virtual IP address.
- A router in the speak state sends periodic hello messages and actively participates in the election of the active or standby router.
- A router in the standby state forwards packets that are sent to the group virtual MAC address.
- The router in the standby state is a candidate to become the next active router.
- The router that is not the standby or active router will remain in the speak state.
6. What SNMP attribute provides the best security?
- community string
7. What is considered a best practice for an optimal redundant network?
- Access switches should have redundant connections to redundant distribution switches.
- Access switches should have a backup connection to at least one core device
- Dual distribution switches should connect individually to separate core switches.
- Three distribution switches should be implemented so that the third switch can take the role of active or standby, as necessary.
8. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the output, how many virtual servers are required?
9. Refer to the exhibit. Which IP SLA statement is true?
- IP SLA operation 99 has been incorrectly configured.
- IP SLA operation 99 has stopped monitoring the target device.
- IP SLA operation 99 had 211 successful replies from the target device.
- IP SLA operation 100 has been incorrectly configured.
- IP SLA operation 100 has stopped monitoring the target device.
- IP SLA operation 100 had 211 successful replies from the target device.
10. Refer to the exhibit. Which feature does a SNMP manager need in order to set a parameter on switch ACSW1?
- a manager using an SNMP string of K44p0ut
- a manager using host 172.16.128.50
- a manager using SNMPv1, 2, or 2c
- a manager using authPriv
11. Refer to the exhibit. What action does the command standby 1 track Serial0/0/0 on router R1 perform?
- It links the default gateway virtual address 192.168.21.10 to the IP address 192.168.31.1 on interface Serial0/0/0.
- It links the default gateway virtual address 192.168.21.10 to the IP address 192.168.42.2 on interface Serial0/0/0.
- It tracks the state of the Fa0/0 interface on R1 and brings down the priority of standby group 1 if the interface goes down.
- It tracks the state of the Serial0/0/0 interface on R1 and brings down the priority of standby group 1 if the interface goes down.
12. Refer to the exhibit. Switch DSw1 is the active virtual gateway (AVG) and DSw2 is an active virtual forwarder (AVF). Based on this information, which two GLBP statements are true? (Choose two.)
- GLBP is a Cisco proprietary protocol and is supported on all Cisco Catalyst and Cisco router platforms.
- None of the switches have had their priority configured.
- Switch DSw1 assigns the virtual IP addresses to switch DSw2.
- Switch DSw2 has been configured with the glbp 1 priority 95 command.
- Two more multilayer switches could join this group.
- When host A sends an ARP message for the gateway IP address, switch DSw1 returns the physical MAC address of switch DSw2.
13. Refer to the exhibit. What is the effect of the serverfarm RESTRICTED command?
- associates the primary serverfarm RESTRICTED_HTTP to the virtual server RESTRICTED
- enables the virtual server RESTRICTED_HTTP
- associates the primary serverfarm RESTRICTED to the virtual server RESTRICTED_HTTP
- enables the virtual server RESTRICTED
- defines the virtual server RESTRICTED
- defines the virtual server RESTRICTED_HTTP
14. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the provided configuration, which routers are the master and the backup virtual routers for the hosts that are connected to the VRRP group 1?
- Router R1 is the master for all hosts, and router R2 is the backup for all hosts in the group.
- Router R1 is the master for Host1 and Host2. Router R2 is the master for Host3 and Host4.
- Router R1 is the master for Host3 and Host4. Router R2 is the backup for Host3 and Host4.
- Because of incorrect configuration of the default gateway on the hosts, none of the routers is the master for the VRRP group.
15. How does Cisco IOS server load balancing (SLB) enhance security of a real server?
- The IP address of the real server is not needed with IOS SLB, which relies only on MAC addresses.
- The IP address of the real server is translated with Network Address Translation (NAT).
- The IP address of the real server is advertised as part of a distinct network.
- The IP address of the real server is never announced to the external network.
16. How is server IP addressing handled by Cisco IOS server load balancing (SLB) in dispatched mode?
- The default gateway address for the subnet is assigned to the virtual server.
- The real servers are configured with the virtual server address as loopback addresses or secondary IP addresses.
- The virtual server is assigned an IP address unknown to any of the real servers.
- The real servers are configured with IP addresses that differ by a power of 2.
17. Which syslog entry has a severity code that indicates the most serious situation?
- Mar 17 06:03:21: 10.1.1.1 %SYS-6-BOOTTIME: Time taken to reboot after reload = 551932 seconds
- Mar 17 06:42:20: 10.1.1.1 %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by mwmwm on vty0 (192.168.254.5)
- Mar 17 06:42:21: 10.1.1.1 %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/3 (not half duplex), with NA-1.30.foo.com FastEthernet0/24 (half duplex).
- Mar 17 06:42:22: 10.1.1.1 %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/3, changed state to down
- Mar 17 06:42:22: 10.1.1.1 %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/3, changed state to down
- Mar 17 06:43:02: 10.1.1.1 %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/3, changed state to up
18. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about best practice and the exhibited network design?
- The Layer 2 VLAN number should be mapped to the Layer 3 subnet for ease of use and management.
- The HSRP active router for VLAN 55 and VLAN 60 should be the same switch.
- A Layer 2 access port should be placed between the access switches.
- The uplink between the access switches and the distribution switches should be trunk links.
19. Refer to the exhibit. What statement is true about the output of the show standby command?
- The current priority of this router is 120.
- The router is currently forwarding packets.
- This router is tracking two properly operating interfaces.
- This router is in the HSRP down state because its tracked interfaces are down.
20. When using RPR, what two events can trigger a switchover from the active to the standby Supervisor Engine? (Choose two.)
- clock synchronization failure between the Supervisor Engines
- loss of packets from the root bridge
- an RP or SP crash on the active Supervisor Engine
- frames received on a port that is in blocking mode
- port failure