1. What plane on a network device is accessed using SSH or SNMP?
- management plane*
- control plane
- forwarding plane
2. What feature of CEF allows for Layer 3 switches to use multiple paths?
- hardware based forwarding
- route caching
- Netﬂow LAN switching
3. Which statement is true about the CEF forwarding process?
- The FIB table contains the Layer 2 rewrite information.
- Adjacency table lookups use the closest Layer 3 preﬁx match.
- The adjacency table eliminates the need for the ARP protocol.
- After an IP preﬁx match is made, the process determines the associated Layer 2 header rewrite information from the adjacency table.*
4. In terms of design, which layer of the hierarchical model is the most complex?
- access Layer
- distribution Layer*
- collapsed core Layer
- core Layer
5. In its network design, a company lists this equipment:
- Two Catalyst 4503 Layer 3 switches
- One 5500 security appliance ﬁrewall
- Two Catalyst 6509 switches
- Two lightweight access points
- Two Catalyst 2960 switches
Which two types of devices from the list would be appropriate to use at the access layer to provide end-user connectivity? (Choose two.)
- Catalyst 4503 switches
- Cisco 5500 security appliance ﬁrewall
- Catalyst 6509 switches
- lightweight access points*
- Catalyst 2960 switches*
6. Which layer 3 switching method used by Catalyst switches oﬀers the greatest performance?
- process switching
- fast switching
7. For what is the control plane on a catalyst switch responsible?
- the catalyst switch does not have a Control Plane; it has a Management Plane
- control and remote management of the switch
- control of the routing protocols and processes running on the switch*
- control of the layer 2 switching process used by the switch
8. A user needs to access a ﬁle server that is located in another department. Which layer of the Cisco Hierarchical Network Model will process the traﬃc ﬁrst?
9. What is the purpose of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture and the hierarchical desgin?
- It replaces the three-layer hierarchical model with a ﬂat network approach.
- Each element in the hierarchy has a speciﬁc set of functions and services that it oﬀers and speciﬁc role.*
- It provides services and functionality to the core layer by grouping various components into a single component that is located in the access layer.
- It reduces overall network traﬃc by grouping server farms, the management server, corporate intranet, and e-commerce routers in the same layer.
10. Which two features are unavailable on a Layer 2 switch? (Choose two.)
- use of ASICs
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping
- QoS marking
- Time to Live (TTL) decrementing*
- rewrite of the source and destination MAC addresses*
11. What is true about TCAM lookups that are associated with CEF switching?
- TCAM includes only Layer 3 lookup information.
- A single TCAM lookup provides Layer 2, Layer 3, and ACL information.*
- TCAM lookup tables are used only for the Layer 3 forwarding operation.
- TCAM lookup tables are used only for the rapid processing of ACLs within CEF.
12. Why does extending layer 3 switching to the access layer improve scalability?
- VLANs are extended into the distribution layer.
- VLANs are terminated on the access layer devices.*
- The access and distribution layers would not participate in the routing scheme.
- Layer 3 switching in the access layer is a cheaper implementation option.
13. Which family of Cisco switches is speciﬁcally designed for data centers?
- Catalyst 6500
- Catalyst 2000
- Nexus 7000*
- Catalyst 4500
14. A network designer must provide a rationale to a customer for a design that will move an enterprise from a ﬂat network topology to a hierarchical network topology. Which two features of the hierarchical design make it the better choice? (Choose two.)
- reduced cost
- less equipment required
- segmentation of broadcast domains*
- lower bandwidth requirements
15. What is the suggested solution for routing when Layer 3 routing is extended to the access layer?
- run an IGP at the access, distribution and core layers
- run an IGP between the distribution and core layers and use static default routes at the access layer*
- use static rotue from the access to the distribution layer, use default static routes from the distribtuion to the core layer and use IGP amongst core layer devices
- run an IGP between distribution and core layers and rely on proxy ARP between the access anddistribution layers
16. What type of specialized memory is used to facilitate high performance switching in Cisco multilayer switches?
- content-addressable memory (CAM)
- ternary content addressable memory (TCAM)*
- address resolution protocol (ARP) memory
- Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) memory
17. What are two responsibilities of devices that are located at the core layer of the hierarchical design model? (Choose two.)
- access list ﬁltering
- packet manipulation
- high-speed backbone switching*
- interconnection of distribution layer devices*
- redundancy between the core devices only
18. At what layer of the hierarchical model are MAC-based security controls implemented?
- access layer*
- distribution layer
- collapsed core layer
- core layer
19. At what layer of the hierarchical design model would redistribution and summarization occur?
- core layer
- backbone layer
- access layer
- distribution layer*
20. Which portion of the enterprise network provides access to network communication services for the end users and devices that are spread over a single geographic location?
- enterprise edge
- campus module*
- WAN module
- Internet edge
- data center
Download PDF File below: