1. What are three benefits of implementing VSS in a network? (Choose three.)
- Neighbors see the VSS as a single switch
- VSS is implemented in the access layer which supports a more simplistic design.
- VSS can logically combine up to 9 switches.
- Single management point
- Interchassis stateful failover
- Supported on all platforms
2. To display configuration and status information for a VSS, which show command can be used?
- show virtual link
- show switch virtual
- show virtual switch
- show vss brief
3. What are two characteristics of the StackWise technology? (Choose two.)
- The stack can support up to 12 switches managed as a single unit.
- Multiple switches can create an EtherChannel connection.
- Reduces the number of Layer 3 routing neighbors
- The StackWise technology creates a virtual connection between the devices without additional cabling.
- Unites multiple access switches in the same rack.
4. When using RPR, what two events can trigger a switchover from the active to the standby Supervisor Engine? (Choose two.)
- port failure
- an RP or SP crash on the active Supervisor Engine
- loss of packets from the root bridge
- clock synchronization failure between the Supervisor Engines
- frames received on a port that is in blocking mode
5. Which supervisor redundancy mode offers the fastest failover time?
6. Which one is NOT a valid supervisor redundancy mode?
7. Which one of the following features provides the fastest fail-over for supervisor or route processor redundancy?
8. Which two technologies can be used to reduce the number of logical network devices and simplify Layer 2 and Layer 3 network toplogies? (Choose two.)
9. What is the expected failover time for SSO mode for Layer 2 switching on the Catalyst 4500 family of switches?
- 1 to 2 minutes
- Less than 3 seconds
- None of the above
10. Which command can be used to verify StackWise configuration to include their stack number, stack role, MAC address, hardware priority, hardware version and current state?
- show version
- show platform
- show stack
- show switch
11. A network administrator is designing a network with redundancy features such SSO with NSF. What protocol is should the administrator avoid while designing the routing topology?
12. What is considered a best practice for an optimal redundant network?
- Dual distribution switches should connect individually to separate core switches.
- Access switches should have redundant connections to redundant distribution switches.
- Access switches should have a backup connection to at least one core device
- Three distribution switches should be implemented so that the third switch can take the role of active or standby, as necessary.
13. What are three characteristics of the VSS technology? (Choose three.)
- VSS increases system bandwidth capacity.
- VSS combines a pair of physical switches into a virtual switch.
- VSS is a network system virutalization technology that combine a pair of Catalyst 3500, 4500 or 6500 series switches into one virtual switch.
- Once the VSS is formed, only the control plan of one of the member’s is active.
14. What is the main purpose of implementing Cisco NSF?
- to forward all STP updates to all switches in the network
- to move switch ports that are currently in blocking mode to forwarding mode with minimal packet loss
- to continue forwarding IP packets following an RP switchover
- to keep a backup copy of the latest MAC table in the event of RAM failure
15. Which three redundancy modes are supported by Catalyst 6500 Series switches? (Choose three.)
- Nonstop Forwarding (NSF) with SSO
- Supervisor Engine 720 load balancing
- Manual Switchover
- Route Processor Redundancy (RPR)
- Single Router Mode with Stateful Switchover (SRM with SSO)
- Supervisor Engine 720 mirroring