1. Which one of the following GLBP functions answers ARP requests?
2. Which two statements about VRRP are true? (Choose two.)
- VRRP cannot track interfaces or objects.
- A VRRP group has one master router and one or more backup routers.
- VRRP provides redundancy for the IP address of a router or for a virtual IP address shared among the VRRP group members.
- VRRP does not support preemption.
- The virtual IP address for the VRRP group must be different from active and standby IP addresses.
3. Two routers are configured for an HSRP group. One router uses the default HSRP priority. What priority should be assigned to the other router to make it more likely to be the active router?
4. What are two characteristics of Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP) operation? (Choose two.)
- The active virtual gateway (AVG) is the backup for the AVF.
- GLBP will attempt to balance traffic on a per-router basis by the use of the round-robin algorithm.
- The active virtual forwarder (AVF) is assigned a virtual MAC address and forwards packets sent to that MAC address.
- GLBP will attempt to balance traffic on a per-host basis by the use of the round-robin algorithm.
- GLBP members communicate with each other through hello messages sent every 3 seconds to the multicast address 188.8.131.52.
5. Refer to the exhibit. What action does the command standby 1 track Serial0/0/0 on router R1 perform?
- It tracks the state of the Serial0/0/0 interface on R1 and brings down the priority of standby group 1 if the interface goes down.
- It tracks the state of the Fa0/0 interface on R1 and brings down the priority of standby group 1 if the interface goes down.
- It links the default gateway virtual address 192.168.21.10 to the IP address 192.168.42.2 on interface Serial0/0/0.
- It links the default gateway virtual address 192.168.21.10 to the IP address 192.168.31.1 on interface Serial0/0/0.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Router RTA has been configured as the active HSRP router. Router RTB is to be the standby HSRP router. However, once the indicated configuration was applied to router RTB, the console began to display the message %HSRP-4-DIFFVIP1. What is the cause of the message?
- The subnet mask is missing from the standby 50 ip 10.1.1.10 command.
- The virtual IP address is not the same as the active router.
- The command standby preempt should only be applied on the active router.
- The group number is not the same as the active router.
- The ports on the switch must be configured with the spanning-tree PortFast feature.
7. Which statement is true about Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)?
- The priority value of 255 means the router has stopped participating in the VRRP group.
- The priority value of 0 means the router has stopped participating in the VRRP group.
- The priority value of 255 means the router is ineligible to become the master router for the VRRP group.
- The priority value of 0 means the router is ineligible to become the master router for the VRRP group.
8. Refer to the exhibit. What statement is true about the output of the show standby command?
- The router is currently forwarding packets.
- This router is in the HSRP down state because its tracked interfaces are down.
- This router is tracking two properly operating interfaces.
- The current priority of this router is 120.
9. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the provided configuration, which routers are the master and the backup virtual routers for the hosts that are connected to the VRRP group 1?
- Because of incorrect configuration of the default gateway on the hosts, none of the routers is the master for the VRRP group.
- Router R1 is the master for all hosts, and router R2 is the backup for all hosts in the group.
- Router R1 is the master for Host1 and Host2. Router R2 is the master for Host3 and Host4.
- Router R1 is the master for Host3 and Host4. Router R2 is the backup for Host3 and Host4.
10. Which two statements are true about the Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)?
- A router in the standby state forwards packets that are sent to the group virtual MAC address.
- A router in the speak state sends periodic hello messages to all routers in the group to acquire a virtual IP address.
- The router that is not the standby or active router will remain in the speak state.
- A router in the speak state sends periodic hello messages and actively participates in the election of the active or standby router.
- The router in the standby state is a candidate to become the next active router.
11. Refer to the exhibit. Switch DSw1 is the active virtual gateway (AVG) and DSw2 is an active virtual forwarder (AVF). Based on this information, which two GLBP statements are true? (Choose two.)
- When host A sends an ARP message for the gateway IP address, switch DSw1 returns the physical MAC address of switch DSw2.
- Two more multilayer switches could join this group.
- GLBP is a Cisco proprietary protocol and is supported on all Cisco Catalyst and Cisco router platforms.
- None of the switches have had their priority configured.
- Switch DSw2 has been configured with the glbp 1 priority 95 command.
- Switch DSw1 assigns the virtual IP addresses to switch DSw2.
12. Which of the following GLBP load-balancing options is configured if the host is guaranteed the use of the same virtual MAC address?
- weighted load-balancing
13. What are two functions of the standby router in an HSRP group? (Choose two.)
- to physically forward packets that are sent to the MAC address of the virtual router
- to reply with the virtual router MAC address in the event an ARP request is received
- to quickly assume packet-forwarding responsibility if the active router becomes inoperable
- to contend for the active router role with all other routers in the group in the event the active fails
- to monitor the operational status of the HSRP group
14. Which statement is true about the gateway redundancy protocols ?
- By making use of a single virtual IP address and multiple virtual MAC addresses, HSRP provides load balancing over multiple routers (gateways). All routers in the virtual router group participate in forwarding packets.
- By making use of a single virtual IP address and multiple virtual MAC addresses, GLBP provides load balancing over multiple routers (gateways) . All routers in the virtual router group participate in forwarding packets.
- By making use of a single virtual IP address and multiple virtual MAC addresses, VRRP provides load balancing over multiple routers (gateways). All routers in the virtual router group participate in forwarding packets.
- GLBP allows multiple routers to participate in a virtual router group that is configured with a virtual IP address. One member is elected to be the active router for the group and the other routers are passive until the active router fails.
15. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about best practice and the exhibited network design?
- The uplink between the access switches and the distribution switches should be trunk links.
- The Layer 2 VLAN number should be mapped to the Layer 3 subnet for ease of use and management.
- The HSRP active router for VLAN 55 and VLAN 60 should be the same switch.
- A Layer 2 access port should be placed between the access switches.
16. HSRP makes use of which protocol to deliver messages to the HSRP group.
17. Which of the following do multilayer switches share when running HSRP?
- ARP cache
- Routing tables
- IP address
- CAM table
18. Even with the use of equipment from multiple vendors, which protocol ensures immediate and transparent recovery from first-hop failures?
19. What HSRP group uses the MAC address 0000.0c07.ac11? (remember this is a hex number)
- Group 0
- Group 7
- Group 11
- Group 17
20. Refer to the graphic, The network is using GLBP for redundancy and load balancing. Host B has already made an ARP request for the default gateway and has been assigned the virtual MAC aaa.aaa.aaa1. Host A sends an ARP request for the MAC address of its default gateway. Which MAC address will Host A receive in the ARP reply message?
21. Any router in the HRSP group that is not the active router could be what?
- Complementary router
- Standby router
- Passive router
- engaged router
22. What state would an HSRP router be in if it was answering for the virtual IP address?
23. Which of the following is not an HSRP state.
24. What VRRP group uses the virtual MAC address 0000.5e00.01ff?
- Group 94
- Group 0
- Group 255
- Group 1
25. What is the default advertisement of the VRRP master router?
- 1 second
- 2 seconds
- 3 seconds
- 10 seconds
26. Refer to the graphic, Routers A, B, C, and D are members of a VRRP virtual router group. Given the design in the exhibit, which router will become a master virtual router for the group?
- Router B
- Router D
- Router A
- Router C
27. How many member routers can be forwarding in a GLBP group?
28. How long does a standby router take to detect the loss of the active router in HSRP with default timer values?
- A. 15 seconds
- B. 10 seconds
- C. 3 seconds
- D. 9 seconds
29. Refer to the graphic, which statement is true about the following graphic:
- R2 will only become the active router if R1’s Fa0/0 interface goes down and not any other interface.
- R1 will become the active router if R1’s Fa0/0 interface goes down.
- R1 will remain the active router if R1’s S0/1 interface goes down.
- R2 will become the active router if R1’s Fa0/0 interface goes down.
30. A multilayer switch is configured as follows:
Switch(config)#interface fastethernet 1/1 Switch(config-if)#no switchport Switch(config-if)#ip address 192.168.199.3 255.255.255.0 Switch(config-if)#standby 1 ip 192.168.199.2
Which IP address should a client PC use as its default gateway?
- Any of these
31. Refer to the graphic. The STP and HRSP timers are set to their default values. To align the two failover protocols, to what value should the STP hello timer be set?
- 3 seconds
- 15 seconds
- 10 second
- 50 seconds
32. What does the active router possess that none of the other HSRP member can until the active router fails or is shut down?
- Assigned ports
- IP assigned to the router physical interfac
- Virtual router MAC address
- Physical MAC address
33. Which one of the following protocols is the best choice for load balancing redundant gateways?