1. What action should a technician avoid when dealing with a talkative customer?
- giving the customer a full minute to talk
- asking closed-ended questions to regain control of the conversation
- stepping in and attempting to refocus the customer
- asking social questions such as “How are you today?”
2. Which programming language utilizes scripts that are interpreted and executed line by line when the script is run?
3. What is considered ethical behavior by a technician when communicating with a customer?
- It is normal to send chain emails to customers.
- A technician can send mass emails to customers.
- A technician can send forged emails to customers.
- A technician must only send solicited emails.
4. A programmer uses an operator to compare two variable values within a program. The variable A is assigned a value of 5 and the valuable B is assigned a value of 7. Which condition test syntax would have provided the result of “true”?
- A >= B
- A == B
- A > B
- A != B
5. A customer is explaining a problem with a computer to a technician. The technician recognizes the problem prior to the customer finishing the explanation. What should the technician do?
- Ask the customer to repeat the problem so that the technician can document it and verify all the facts.
- Interrupt the customer and let the customer know that the technician knows what the problem is.
- Wait politely for the customer to finish explaining the problem.
- Start working on the PC while listening to the customer at the same time.
6. Once a technician understands a customer complaint, it is common to ask closed-ended questions. Which question is a close-ended one?
- What error messages were displayed when the error occurred?
- Is this the first time the error occurred?
- What happened after the error occurred?
- What happened before the error occurred?
7. Which situation would require that a support desk call be given the highest priority?
- Some computers cannot log in to the network.
- A couple of computers have operating system errors.
- A user is requesting a RAM memory upgrade.
- The company cannot operate because of a system failure.
- Two users are requesting an application enhancement.
8. A customer is upset and wants to speak to a specific technician to resolve a problem immediately. The requested technician is away from the office for the next hour. What is the best way to handle this call?
- Make an offer to help the customer immediately, and advise the customer that otherwise the requested technician will call the customer back within two hours.
- Refer the angry customer to a supervisor.
- Ignore the request for the specific technician by walking through a step-by-step process with the customer in an attempt to refocus the customer and solve the problem.
- Advise the customer that the requested technician is out of the office and insist on trying to resolve the problem.
9. A technician working on a computer discovers what is suspected to be illegal activity. Which three pieces of information should be immediately documented? (Choose three.)
- why the computer was accessed by the technician
- technical specifications of the computer
- evidence of the suspected illegal activity
- details of all past users of the computer
- duration of the suspected illegal activity
- location of the computer
10. What are two examples of displaying professional communication skills while talking to a customer? (Choose two.)
- asking customers to paraphrase their explanations
- the use of active listening, with occasional interjections such as “I see” or “I understand”
- focusing on what you cannot do to give customers an idea of the magnitude of the problem
- interrupting customers with a question to gather more information
- clarifying what customers say after they have finished their explanations
11. Which statement best describes a call center?
- It is a help desk environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
- It is a busy, fast-paced work environment that documents computer problems after they have been repaired by technicians.
- It is a place to provide computer support to customers.
- It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
12. What approach should a technician take when receiving a call from a stressed customer?
- Ask the customer to telephone back when the customer is feeling less stressed.
- Ask the customer to hold, and then wait five minutes for the customer to calm down.
- Try to establish a rapport with the customer.
- Transfer the customer to a level-two technician who will ask the customer to explain the problem again.
13. A programmer is building a script in order to calculate the corporate bank account balance within two decimal places. Which data type would be used in the script to represent the balance?
14. A supervisor received a complaint that one of the technicians was rude and disrespectful. Which action by the technician most likely caused the customer to complain?
- The technician occasionally confirmed an understanding of the problem.
- The customer was escalated to a level-two technician.
- The technician ended the call without saying ‘Have a nice day’.
- The technician interrupted a number of times to ask questions.
15. In which situation would it be appropriate for a technician to back up personal and confidential data from a computer belonging to a customer?
- if the customer forgets to sign the work order
- if the customer permits it
- if illegal content is discovered on the customer computer
- if the technician feels it necessary to back it up
16. What category of technician uses remote access software to update a computer belonging to a customer?
- level two technicians
- field technicians
- bench technicians
- level one technicians
17. What two roles or tasks are associated with the level one technician? (Choose two.)
- gathering customer information to initiate a work order
- gathering diagnostic information from a customer computer
- escalating a trouble ticket to a level two technician
- receiving escalated work orders from level two technicians
- remotely updating customer drivers and software
18. What is the correct way to conduct a telephone call to troubleshoot a computer problem?
- Maintain professional behavior at all times.
- Explain each step to help the customer understand the troubleshooting process.
- Ask personal questions to get better acquainted with the customer.
- Always gather information from the customer and escalate the problem.