1. What are two expected features of modern enterprise networks? (Choose two.)
- support for converged network traffic*
- support for distributed administrative control
- support for 90 percent reliability
- support for critical applications*
- support for limited growth
2. Which type of information is displayed by the show ip protocols command that is issued from a router command prompt?
- the routed protocol that is enabled and the protocol status of interfaces
- the configured routing protocols and the networks that the router is advertising*
- interfaces with line (protocol) status and I/O statistics
- interface information, including whether an ACL is enabled on the interface
3. Which action should be taken when planning for redundancy on a hierarchical network design?
- immediately replace a non-functioning module, service or device on a network
- implement STP portfast between the switches on the network
- continually purchase backup equipment for the network
- add alternate physical paths for data to traverse the network*
4. In the Cisco Enterprise Architecture, which two functional parts of the network are combined to form a collapsed core design? (Choose two.)
- distribution layer*
- enterprise edge
- access layer
- core layer*
- provider edge
5. What are two ways to access a Cisco switch for out-of-band management? (Choose two.)
- a connection that uses the AUX port*a connection that uses the AUX port*
- a connection that uses HTTP
- a connection that uses Telnet
- a connection that uses the console port*
- a connection that uses SSH
6. How can an enterprise network be designed to optimize bandwidth?
- by installing devices with failover capabilities
- by deploying a collapsed core model
- by organizing the network to control traffic patterns*
- by limiting the size of failure domains
7. Refer to the exhibit. Which devices exist in the failure domain when switch S3 loses power?
- S4 and PC_2
- PC_3 and AP_2*
- AP_2 and AP_1
- PC_3 and PC_2
- S1 and S4
8. As the network administrator you have been asked to implement EtherChannel on the corporate network. What does this configuration consist of?
- grouping multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth between two switches*
- providing redundant links that dynamically block or forward traffic
- grouping two devices to share a virtual IP address
- providing redundant devices to allow traffic to flow in the event of device failure
9. What term is used to express the thickness or height of a switch?
- rack unit*
- domain size
- port density
- module size
10. What is the function of ASICs in a multilayer switch?
- They streamline forwarding of IP packets in a multilayer switch by bypassing the CPU.*
- They aggregate multiple physical switch ports into a single logical port.
- They prevent Layer 2 loops by disabling redundant links between switches.
- They provide power to devices such as IP phones and wireless access points through Ethernet ports.
11. Which design feature will limit the size of a failure domain in an enterprise network?
- the use of a collapsed core design
- the use of the building switch block approach*
- the installation of redundant power supplies
- the purchase of enterprise equipment that is designed for large traffic
12. A network administrator is planning redundant devices and cabling in a switched network to support high availability. Which benefit will implementing the Spanning Tree Protocol provide to this design?
- Multiple physical interfaces can be combined into a single EtherChannel interface.
- Redundant paths can be available without causing logical Layer 2 loops.*
- Network access can be expanded to support both wired and wireless devices.
- Faster convergence is available for advanced routing protocols.
13. What are two benefits of extending access layer connectivity to users through a wireless medium? (Choose two.)
- increased flexibility*
- decreased number of critical points of failure
- reduced costs*
- increased bandwidth availability
- increased network management options
14. Which two features of enterprise class equipment assists an enterprise network in maintaining 99.999 percent up-time? (Choose two.)
- failover capabilities*
- collapsed core
- redundant power supplies*
- failure domains
- services module
15. A network technician needs to connect a PC to a Cisco network device for initial configuration. What is required to perform this device configuration?
- HTTP access
- Telnet access
- at least one operational network interface on the Cisco device
- terminal emulation client*
16. What network design would contain the scope of disruptions on a network should a failure occur?
- the reduction in the number of redundant devices and connections in the network core
- the configuration of all access layer devices to share a single gateway
- the installation of only enterprise class equipment throughout the network
- the deployment of distribution layer switches in pairs and the division of access layer switch connections between them *
17. What are three access layer switch features that are considered when designing a network? (Choose three.)?
- speed of convergencefailover capability
- broadcast traffic containment
- forwarding rate*
- Power over Ethernet*
- port density*
18. What are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)
- It connects multiple IP networks.*
- It controls the flow of data via the use of Layer 2 addresses.
- It determines the best path to send packets.*
- It manages the VLAN database.
- It increases the size of the broadcast domain.
19. What capability is provided by the use of application-specific integrated circuits in Cisco multilayer switches?
- aggregating physical ports into a single logical interface
- providing user authentication and authorization
- protecting data traffic in the event of a failed circuit
- forwarding of IP packets independent of the CPU*
20. Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Meraki switches?
- They promote infrastructure scalability, operational continuity, and transport flexibility.
- They are cloud-managed access switches that enable virtual stacking of switches.*
- They are campus LAN switches that perform the same functions as Cisco 2960 switches.
- They are service provider switches that aggregate traffic at the edge of the network.
21. A network engineer is reviewing a network design that uses a fixed configuration enterprise router that supports both LAN and WAN connections. However, the engineer realizes that the router does not have enough interfaces to support growth and network expansion. Which type of device should be used as a replacement?
- a Layer 3 switch
- a modular router*
- a PoE device
- another fixed configuration router
22. In which situation would a network administrator install a Cisco Nexus Series or Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switch to promote infrastructure scalability?
- to enable virtual stacking of switches to provide cloud-managed access
- on a service provider network to promote integrated security, and simplified management
- on a data center network to provide expansion and transport flexibility*
- on a campus LAN network as access layer switches
23. Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches?
- They do not support an active switched virtual interface (SVI) with IOS versions prior to 15.x.
- They are best used as distribution layer switches.
- They are modular switches.
- New Cisco Catalyst 2960-C switches support PoE pass-through.*
24. Refer to the exhibit. Which command was issued on a Cisco switch that resulted in the exhibited output?
- show mac-address-table
- show vlan brief
- show vlan summary
- show port-security address*
25. What is a characteristic of in-band device management?
- It uses a terminal emulation client.
- It is used for initial configuration or when a network connection is unavailable.
- It uses a direct connection to a console or AUX port.
- It is used to monitor and make configuration changes to a network device over a network connection.*
26. Which two requirements must always be met to use in-band management to configure a network device? (Choose two.)
- a direct connection to the console port
- a direct connection to the auxiliary port
- a terminal emulation client
- at least one network interface that is connected and operational *
- Telnet, SSH, or HTTP access to the device*
27. When a Cisco IOS device is being selected or upgraded, which option indicates the capabilities of the Cisco IOS device?
- release number
- version number
- feature set*
28. Immediately after a router completes its boot sequence, the network administrator wants to check the routers configuration. From privileged EXEC mode, which of the following commands can the administrator use for this purpose? (Choose two.)
- show flash
- show NVRAM
- show startup-config*
- show running-config*
- show version
29. Question as presented:
Match the purpose to the related configuration item. (Not all options are used.)
* identification –> hostname
* security –> passwords
* connectivity –> assignment of IP address to interface
* access remote networks –> routing protocols
30. What is the function of PoE pass-through?
- allows multiple physical switch ports to be aggregated together and act as a single logical link to increase bandwidth on trunk links
- allows a multilayer switch to forward IP packets at a rate close to that of Layer 2 switching by bypassing the CPU
- allows switches, phones, and wireless access points to receive power over existing Ethernet cables from an upstream switch *
- allows a switch to disable redundant Layer 2 paths in the topology to prevent Layer 2 loops
Download PDF File below: