0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsA network administrator enters the command copy running-config startup-config. Which type of memory will the startup configuration be placed into?CorrectIncorrect
HintA router contains four types of memory: RAM – volatile memory used to store the running IOS, running configuration file, routing table, ARP table, as well as serve as a packet buffer ROM – nonvolatile memory used to hold a limited version of the IOS, bootup instructions, and basic diagnostic software NVRAM – nonvolatile memory used to hold the startup configuration file Flash – nonvolatile memory used to hold the IOS and other system files
2. Question1 pointsWhich packet-forwarding method does a router use to make switching decisions when it is using a forwarding information base and an adjacency table?CorrectIncorrect
HintCisco Express Forwarding (CEF) is the fastest and preferred switching method. It uses a FIB and an adjacency table to perform the task of packet switching. These data structures change with the topology.
3. Question1 pointsFill in the blank.
- When a router receives a packet, it examines the destination address of the packet and looks in the (Routing) table to determine the best path to use to forward the packet.
4. Question1 pointsWhat are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintRouters connect multiple networks, determine the best path to send packets, and forward packets based on a destination IP address.
5. Question1 pointsIn order for packets to be sent to a remote destination, what three pieces of information must be configured on a host? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintA host can use its IP address and subnet mask to determine if a destination is on the same network or on a remote network. If it is on a remote network, the host will need a configured default gateway in order to send packets to the remote destination. DNS servers translate names into IP addresses, and DHCP servers are used to automatically assign IP addressing information to hosts. Neither of these servers has to be configured for basic remote connectivity.
6. Question1 pointsWhich software is used for a network administrator to make the initial router configuration securely?CorrectIncorrect
HintConnecting to the router console port is required for making the initial router configuration. A console cable and terminal emulation software are needed to connect to the console port. SSH, Telnet, and HTTPS could be used to configure a router if the router has been configured with IP addresses and its interface can be reached through the network.
7. Question1 pointsThe exhibit consists of a network diagram that shows R1 with three network connections: two Ethernet segments and a WAN link. The WAN link connects R1 to a second router R2. R2 is the DCE on the WAN link. The configuration shown is as follows:
R1(config)# interface serial 0/0/0 R1(config-if)# description Link to R2 R1(config-if)# ip address 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.252 R1(config-if)# exit R1(config)#Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured R1 as shown. When the administrator checks the status of the serial interface, the interface is shown as being administratively down. What additional command must be entered on the serial interface of R1 to bring the interface up?CorrectIncorrect
HintBy default all router interfaces are shut down. To bring the interfaces up, an administrator must issue the no shutdown command in interface mode.
8. Question1 pointsWhat is a characteristic of an IPv4 loopback interface on a Cisco IOS router?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe loopback interface is a logical interface internal to the router and is automatically placed in an UP state, as long as the router is functioning. It is not assigned to a physical port and can therefore never be connected to any other device. Multiple loopback interfaces can be enabled on a router.
9. Question1 pointsWhat two pieces of information are displayed in the output of the show ip interface brief command? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe command show ip interface brief shows the IP address of each interface, as well as the operational status of the interfaces at both Layer 1 and Layer 2. In order to see interface descriptions and speed and duplex settings, use the command show running-config interface. Next-hop addresses are displayed in the routing table with the command show ip route, and the MAC address of an interface can be seen with the command show interfaces.
10. Question1 pointsWhich two items are used by a host device when performing an ANDing operation to determine if a destination address is on the same local network? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe result of ANDing any IP address with a subnet mask is a network number. If the source network number is the same as the destination network number, the data stays on the local network. If the destination network number is different, the packet is sent to the default gateway (the router that will send the packet onward toward the destination network).
11. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. PC A sends a request to Server B. What IPv4 address is used in the destination field in the packet as the packet leaves PC A?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe destination IP address in packets does not change along the path between the source and destination.
12. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. What does R1 use as the MAC address of the destination when constructing the frame that will go from R1 to Server B?CorrectIncorrect
HintCommunication inside a local network uses Address Resolution Protocol to obtain a MAC address from a known IPv4 address. A MAC address is needed to construct the frame in which the packet is encapsulated.
13. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. If PC1 is sending a packet to PC2 and routing has been configured between the two routers, what will R1 do with the Ethernet frame header attached by PC1?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen PC1 forms the various headers attached to the data one of those headers is the Layer 2 header. Because PC1 connects to an Ethernet network, an Ethernet header is used. The source MAC address will be the MAC address of PC1 and the destination MAC address will be that of G0/0 on R1. When R1 gets that information, the router removes the Layer 2 header and creates a new one for the type of network the data will be placed onto (the serial link).
14. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. What will the router do with a packet that has a destination IP address of 192.168.12.227?CorrectIncorrect
HintAfter a router determines the destination network by ANDing the destination IP address with the subnet mask, the router examines the routing table for the resulting destination network number. When a match is found, the packet is sent to the interface associated with the network number. When no routing table entry is found for the particular network, the default gateway or gateway of last resort (if configured or known) is used. If there is no gateway of last resort, the packet is dropped. In this instance, the 192.168.12.224 network is not found in the routing table and the router uses the gateway of last resort. The gateway of last resort is the IP address of 18.104.22.168. The router knows this is an IP address that is associated with the 22.214.171.124 network. The router then proceeds to transmit the packet out the Serial0/0/0 interface, or the interface that is associated with 126.96.36.199.
15. Question1 pointsWhich two statements correctly describe the concepts of administrative distance and metric? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
16. Question1 pointsWhich two parameters are used by EIGRP as metrics to select the best path to reach a network? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintEIGRP uses bandwidth, delay, load, and reliability as metrics for selecting the best path to reach a network.
17. Question1 pointsWhat route would have the lowest administrative distance?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe most believable route or the route with the lowest administrative distance is one that is directly connected to a router.
18. Question1 pointsWhich two statements correctly describe the concepts of administrative distance and metric? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintA metric is calculated by a routing protocol and is used to determine the best path (smallest metric value) to a remote network. Administrative distance (AD) is used when a router has two or more routes to a remote destination that were learned from different sources. The source with the lowest AD is installed in the routing table.
19. Question1 pointsConsider the following routing table entry for R1: D 10.1.1.0/24 [90/2170112] via 188.8.131.52, 00:00:05, Serial0/0/0 What is the significance of the Serial0/0/0?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe Serial0/0/0 indicates the outgoing interface on R1 that is used to send packets for the 10.1.1.0/24 destination network.
20. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator issues the show ipv6 route command on R1. What two conclusions can be drawn from the routing table? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintFrom the routing table, R1 knows two directly connected networks and the multicast network (FF00::/8). It does not know any routes to remote networks. The entry 2001:DB8:ACAD:A::12/128 is the local host interface route.
21. Question1 pointsA network administrator configures the interface fa0/0 on the router R1 with the command ip address 172.16.1.254 255.255.255.0. However, when the administrator issues the command show ip route, the routing table does not show the directly connected network. What is the possible cause of the problem?CorrectIncorrect
HintA directly connected network will be added to the routing table when these three conditions are met: (1) the interface is configured with a valid IP address; (2) it is activated with no shutdown command; and (3) it receives a carrier signal from another device that is connected to the interface. An incorrect subnet mask for an IPv4 address will not prevent its appearance in the routing table, although the error may prevent successful communications.
22. Question1 pointsA network administrator configures a router by the command ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 184.108.40.206. What is the purpose of this command?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe command ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 adds a default route to the routing table of a router. When the router receives a packet and does not have a specific route toward the destination, it forwards the packet to the next hop indicated in the default route. A route created with the ip route command is a static route, not a dynamic route.
23. Question1 pointsWhat are two common types of static routes in routing tables? (Choose two)CorrectIncorrect
HintThere are two common types of static routes in a routing table, namely, a static route to a specific network and a default static route. A static route configured on a router can be distributed by the router to other neighboring routers. However, the distributed static route will be a little different in the routing table on neighboring routers.
24. Question1 pointsWhat is the effect of configuring the ipv6 unicast-routing command on a router?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen the ipv6 unicast-routing command is implemented on a router, it enables the router as an IPv6 router. Use of this command also assigns the router to the all-routers multicast group.
25. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Match the description with the routing table entries. (Not all options are used.)
- D (which is EIGRP)
- route source protocol
- destination network
- administrative distance
- next hop
- route timestamp
Hintroute source protocol = D (which is EIGRP) destination network = 10.3.0.0 metric = 21024000 administrative distance = 1 next hop = 172.16.2.2 route timestamp = 00:22:15