0 of 27 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 27 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Based on the command output shown, what is the status of the EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe command output shows the port channel as SU, which means Layer 2 and in use; and the FastEthernet 0/10 and 0/11 interfaces are bundled in port-channel as indicated by the P flag. Configuring the EtherChannel using the channel-group 1 mode on command will cause the Protocol field in the command output to be empty.
2. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network engineer is troubleshooting host connectivity on a LAN that uses a first hop redundancy protocol. Which IPv4 gateway address should be configured on the host?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe host default gateway address should be the FHRP (in this case GLBP) virtual IP address.
3. Question1 pointsWhat is the purpose of HSRP?CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An EtherChannel was configured between switches S1 and S2, but the interfaces do not form an EtherChannel. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe guidelines for configuring an EtherChannel link are: Interfaces which form an EtherChannel can be physically discontiguous, and on different modules. Interfaces in an EtherChannel have to operate at the same speed and in the same duplex mode. Interfaces in the EtherChannel must be assigned to the same VLAN, or be configured as a trunk. Interfaces in the EtherChannel have to support the same allowed range of VLANs.
5. Question1 pointsWhat is an advantage of using LACP?CorrectIncorrect
6. Question1 pointsWhat is a requirement to configure a trunking EtherChannel between two switches?CorrectIncorrect
HintTo enable a trunking EtherChannel successfully, the range of VLANs allowed on all the interfaces must match; otherwise, the EtherChannel cannot be formed. The interfaces involved in an EtherChannel do not have to be physically contiguous, or on the same module. Because the EtherChannel is a trunking one, participating interfaces are configured as trunk mode, not access mode.
7. Question1 pointsA network administrator would like to ensure that router R1 is always elected the active router for an HSRP group. Which set of commands would ensure the required results?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn order to configure HSRP, the standby command is used. The IP address given with the standby command is the virtual IP address used by hosts as a default gateway. A priority number of 255 is the highest that can be assigned and should be configured on the router that is to be the active router.
8. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator configured routers R1 and R2 as part of HSRP group 1. After the routers have been reloaded, a user on Host1 complained of lack of connectivity to the Internet The network administrator issued the show standby briefcommand on both routers to verify the HSRP operations. In addition, the administrator observed the ARP table on Host1. Which entry should be seen in the ARP table on Host1 in order to gain connectivity to the Internet?CorrectIncorrect
HintHosts will send an ARP request to the default gateway which is the virtual IP address. ARP replies from the HSRP routers contain the virtual MAC address. The host ARP tables will contain a mapping of the virtual IP to the virtual MAC.
9. Question1 pointsFill in the blank.
- In FHRP operation, two or more routers are represented as a single (virtual) router.
HintIn a First Hop Redundancy Protocol like HSRP, multiple routers share a virtual MAC and virtual IP address which are presented to hosts as a single “virtual” router to use as a gateway.
10. Question1 pointsWhat is a best practice to use before beginning an EtherChannel implementation?CorrectIncorrect
HintBefore configuring EtherChannel, the interfaces used should be shut down so that any incomplete configuration will not cause activity on the link.
11. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes an EtherChannel implementation?CorrectIncorrect
HintUp to 16 links can be grouped in an EtherChannel by using the the PAgP or LACP protocol. EtherChannel can be configured as a Layer 2 bundle or a Layer 3 bundle. Configuring a Layer 3 bundle is beyond the scope of this course. If a trunked port is a part of the EtherChannel bundle, all ports in the bundle need to be trunk ports and the native VLAN must be the same on all of these ports. A best practice is to apply the configuration to the port channel interface. The configuration is then automatically applied to the individual ports.
12. Question1 pointsOpen the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question. What are two reasons why the ping messages that are issued from Laptop0 towards Laptop1 are failing? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintPort-channel 1 needs to be configured as a trunk in order to carry data about two different VLANs. The channel group is set as auto and desirable. The SVI has not been configured on the switches, but this does not affect the creation of an EtherChannel. The use of straight-through cables between switches is not an issue when using a Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch.
13. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator issued the show etherchannel summary command on the switch S1. What conclusion can be drawn?CorrectIncorrect
14. Question1 pointsWhich PAgP mode combination will establish an EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
15. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. What statement is true about the output of the show standby command?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe output shows that the active router is local and indicates that this router is the active router and is currently forwarding packets.
16. Question1 pointsWhich three options must match in order to establish an EtherChannel between two directly connected switches? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintSpeed and duplex settings must match for all interfaces in an EtherChannel. All interfaces in the EtherChannel must be in the same VLAN if the ports are not configured as trunks. Any ports may be used to establish an EtherChannel. Domain names and port security settings are not relevant to EtherChannel.
17. Question1 pointsWhich two protocols are used to implement EtherChannel? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintPort Aggregation Protocol and Link Aggregation Control Protocol are used to implement EtherChannel. Spanning Tree and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol are used to prevent switching loops. Cisco Discovery Protocol is Cisco-proprietary and is used to discovery information about adjacent Cisco devices such as model number and IP address.
18. Question1 pointsWhich command must be used on SW2 to enable this EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
19. Question1 pointsAn EtherChannel link using LACP was formed between two switches, S1 and S2. While verifying the configuration, which mode combination could be utilized on both switches?CorrectIncorrect
HintAn EtherChannel link will be formed using LACP when both switches are in on mode or in active mode, or when one of them is in passive mode and the other is in active mode.
20. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a characteristic of EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
HintAn EtherChannel is formed by combining multiple (same type) Ethernet physical links so they are seen and configured as one logical link. It provides an aggregated link between two switches. Currently each EtherChannel can consist of up to eight compatibly configured Ethernet ports.
21. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would allow each access layer switch link to be aggregated to provide more bandwidth between each Layer 2 switch and the Layer 3 switch?CorrectIncorrect
HintPortFast is used to reduce the amount of time that a port spends going through the spanning-tree algorithm, so that devices can start sending data sooner. Trunking can be implemented in conjunction with EtherChannel, but trunking alone does not aggregate switch links. HSRP is used to load-balance traffic across two different connections to Layer 3 devices for default gateway redundancy. HSRP does not aggregate links at either Layer 2 or Layer 3 as EtherChannel does.
22. Question1 pointsWhich statement is true regarding the use of PAgP to create EtherChannels?CorrectIncorrect
HintPAgP is used to automatically aggregate multiple ports into an EtherChannel bundle, but it only works between Cisco devices. LACP can be used for the same purpose between Cisco and non-Cisco devices. PAgP must have the same duplex mode at both ends and can use two ports or more. The number of ports depends on the switch platform or module. An EtherChannel aggregated link is seen as one port by the spanning-tree algorithm.
23. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator has decided that an EtherChannel between ports 0/1 and 0/2 on switches S1 and S2 would help performance. After making the configuration, the administrator notices no performance gain. Based on the output that is shown, what two possible assumptions could a network administrator make? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintIn order to form an EtherChannel, all ports should be within the same group.
24. Question1 pointsWhich nonproprietary protocol provides router redundancy for a group of routers which support IPv4 LANs?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe only nonproprietary FHRP used for router redundancy listed in the options is VRRPv2. HSRP and GLBP are both Cisco proprietary FHRPs. IOS SLB is a Cisco-based solution used to load balance traffic across multiple servers.
25. Question1 pointsA network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and SW2 by using the command SW1(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode passive. Which command must be used on SW2 to enable this EtherChannel?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe possible combinations to establish an EtherChannel between SW1 and SW2 using LACP or PAgP are as follows: PAgP on on auto desirable desirable desirable LACP on on active active passive active The EtherChannel mode chosen on each side of the EtherChannel must be compatible in order to enable it.
26. Question1 pointsQuestion as presented:
- show etherchannel port-channel
- show interfaces faO/2 etherchannel
- show interfaces port-channe1
- show etherchannel summary
- show ip interface brief
- This command shows the list of ports that are involved in the port channel and the time since the ports were bundled.
- This command shows information about the status of a involved in the Etherchannel.
- This command shows information about the reliability of the port channel.
- This command is used to check what port channels are configured on a switch.
27. Question1 pointsIn FHRP terminology, what represents a set of routers that present the illusion of a single router to hosts?CorrectIncorrect