0 of 40 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 40 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsWhat route would have the lowest administrative distance?CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. What command would be used to configure a static route on R1 so that traffic from both LANs can reach the 2001:db8:1:4::/64 remote network?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsWhat is a characteristic of the distribution layer in the three layer hierarchical model?CorrectIncorrect
HintOne of the functions of the distribution layer is aggregating large-scale wiring closet networks. Providing access to end users is a function of the access layer, which is the network edge. Acting as a backbone is a function of the core layer.
4. Question1 pointsWhich three statements are generally considered to be best practices in the placement of ACLs? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintExtended ACLs should be placed as close as possible to the source IP address, so that traffic that needs to be filtered does not cross the network and use network resources. Because standard ACLs do not specify a destination address, they should be placed as close to the destination as possible. Placing a standard ACL close to the source may have the effect of filtering all traffic, and limiting services to other hosts. Filtering unwanted traffic before it enters low-bandwidth links preserves bandwidth and supports network functionality. Decisions on placing ACLs inbound or outbound are dependent on the requirements to be met.
5. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. How is a frame sent from PCA forwarded to PCC if the MAC address table on switch SW1 is empty?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen a switch powers on, the MAC address table is empty. The switch builds the MAC address table by examining the source MAC address of incoming frames. The switch forwards based on the destination MAC address found in the frame header. If a switch has no entries in the MAC address table or if the destination MAC address is not in the switch table, the switch will forward the frame out all ports except the port that brought the frame into the switch.
6. Question1 pointsWhich address prefix range is reserved for IPv4 multicast?CorrectIncorrect
HintMulticast IPv4 addresses use the reserved class D address range of 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.
7. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a difference between the operation of inbound and outbound ACLs?CorrectIncorrect
8. Question1 pointsWhat are three primary benefits of using VLANs? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintSecurity, cost reduction, and improved IT staff efficiency are all benefits of using VLANs, along with higher performance, broadcast storm mitigation, and simpler project and application management. End users are not usually aware of VLANs, and VLANs do require configuration. Because VLANs are assigned to access ports, they do not reduce the number of trunk links.
9. Question1 pointsWhat routing table entry has a next hop address associated with a destination network?CorrectIncorrect
HintRouting table entries for remote routes will have a next hop IP address. The next hop IP address is the address of the router interface of the next device to be used to reach the destination network. Directly-connected and local routes have no next hop, because they do not require going through another router to be reached.
10. Question1 pointsWhich type of inter-VLAN communication design requires the configuration of multiple subinterfaces?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe router-on-a-stick design always includes subinterfaces on a router. When a multilayer switch is used, multiple SVIs are created. When the number of VLANs equals the number of ports on a router, or when the management VLAN needs to be routed, any of the inter-VLAN design methods can be used.
11. Question1 pointsWhich two devices allow hosts on different VLANs to communicate with each other? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintMembers of different VLANs are on separate networks. For devices on separate networks to be able to communicate, a Layer 3 device, such as a router or Layer 3 switch, is necessary.
12. Question1 pointsWhich two statements correctly describe a router memory type and its contents? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintROM is a nonvolatile memory and stores bootup instructions, basic diagnostic software, and a limited IOS. Flash is a nonvolatile memory used as permanent storage for the IOS and other system-related files. RAM is volatile memory and stores the IP routing table, IPv4 to MAC address mappings in the ARP cache, packets that are buffered or temporarily stored, the running configuration, and the currently running IOS. NVRAM is a nonvolatile memory that stores the startup configuration file.
13. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. In what switch mode should port G0/1 be assigned if Cisco best practices are being used?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe router is used to route between the two VLANs, thus switch port G0/1 needs to be configured in trunk mode.
14. Question1 pointsWhy does a Layer 3 device perform the ANDing process on a destination IP address and subnet mask?CorrectIncorrect
15. Question1 pointsWhich range of link-local addresses can be assigned to an IPv6-enabled interface?CorrectIncorrect
16. Question1 pointsWhat are three parts of an IPv6 global unicast address? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
17. Question1 pointsAn IPv6 enabled device sends a data packet with the destination address of FF02::2. What is the target of this packet?CorrectIncorrect
HintFF02::2 identifies all IPv6 routers that exist on the link or network. FF02::1 is the target for all IPv6 enabled devices on the link or network.
18. Question1 pointsA router is configured to participate in multiple routing protocol: RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF. The router must send a packet to network 192.168.14.0. Which route will be used to forward the traffic?CorrectIncorrect
19. Question1 pointsWhich subnet would include the address 192.168.1.96 as a usable host address?CorrectIncorrect
HintFor the subnet of 192.168.1.64/26, there are 6 bits for host addresses, yielding 64 possible addresses. However, the first and last subnets are the network and broadcast addresses for this subnet. Therefore, the range of host addresses for this subnet is 192.168.1.65 to 192.168.1.126. The other subnets do not contain the address 192.168.1.96 as a valid host address.
20. Question1 pointsWhat does the IP address 192.168.1.15/29 represent?CorrectIncorrect
HintA broadcast address is the last address of any given network. This address cannot be assigned to a host, and it is used to communicate with all hosts on that network.
21. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator is implementing the stateless DHCPv6 operation for the company. Clients are configuring IPv6 addresses as expected. However, the clients are not getting the DNS server address and the domain name information configured in the DHCP pool. What could be the cause of the problem?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe router is configured for SLAAC operation because there is no configuration command to change the RA M and O flag value. By default, both M and O flags are set to 0. In order to permint stateless DHCPv6 operation, the interface command ipv6 nd other-config-flag should be issued. The GigabitEthernet interface is in working condition because clients can get RA messages and configure their IPv6 addresses as expected. Also, the fact that R1 is the DHCPv6 server and clients are getting RA messages indicates that clients can communicate with the DHCP server. The number of active clients is 0 because the DHCPv6 server does not maintain the state of clients IPv6 addresses (it is not configured for stateful DHCPv6 operation). The DNS server address issue is not relevant to the problem.
22. Question1 pointsAn organization is assigned an IPv6 address block of 2001:db8:0:ca00::/56. How many subnets can be created without using bits in the interface ID space?CorrectIncorrect
HintSubnetting a /56 prefix to a /64 prefix involves increasing the network prefix by 8 bits. 8 bits will create 256 subnets. The last 64 bits of the address is reserved for the interface ID.
23. Question1 pointsWhat is the term that is used for the area of a network that is affected when a device or network service experiences problems?CorrectIncorrect
24. Question1 pointsAs the network administrator you have been asked to implement EtherChannel on the corporate network. What does this configuration consist of?CorrectIncorrect
HintEtherChannel is utilized on a network to increase speed capabilities by grouping multiple physical ports into one or more logical EtherChannel links between two switches. STP is used to provide redundant links that dynamically block or forward traffic between switches. FHRPs are used to group physical devices to provide traffic flow in the event of failure.
25. Question1 pointsWhich characteristic would most influence a network design engineer to select a multilayer switch over a Layer 2 switch?CorrectIncorrect
HintMultilayer switches, also known as Layer 3 switches, can route and build a routing table. This capability is required in a multi-VLAN network and would influence the network designer to select a multilayer switch. The other options are features also available on Layer 2 switches, so they would not influence the decision to select a multilayer switch.
26. Question1 pointsA network administrator is planning to add a new switch to the network. What should the network administrator do to ensure the new switch exchanges VTP information with the other switches in the VTP domain?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn order to exchange VTP information, the new switch must be configured with the same VTP domain name and password as the other switches in the network.
27. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Switch SW-A is to be used as a temporary replacement for another switch in the VTP Student domain. What two pieces of information are indicated from the exhibited output? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintIf a switch on the same VTP domain is added to the network and the switch has a higher configuration revision number, valid VLANs can be deleted and VLANs from the new switch can be sent to other switches in the VTP domain. This can result in loss of connectivity for some network devices. Always put a false domain name on a new switch and then change the VTP domain name to the correct one so the configuration revision number will be at 0 on the switch to be added.
28. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. The network administrator configures both switches as displayed. However, host C is unable to ping host D and host E is unable to ping host F. What action should the administrator take to enable this communication?CorrectIncorrect
HintIf one trunk port is in auto DTP negotiation mode, a trunk will be formed if the adjacent switch port is placed in trunk or dynamic desirable mode.
29. Question1 pointsWhat eliminates switching loops?CorrectIncorrect
HintSpanning tree creates a single path through a switch network. This is important at Layer 2 because there is no feature such as the Layer 3 TTL to stop data from traveling infinitely through the network. This helps keep switch MAC address tables stable in broadcast storms, and when multiple frames are sent.
30. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Which switch will be elected the root bridge and which switch will place a port in blocking mode? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe spanning-tree root bridge election process determines which switch becomes root bridge based first on the lowest priority number and then by lowest MAC address. Because all of the switches have the same priority value, SW3 becomes the root bridge based on lowest MAC address. To determine which ports are blocking or forwarding, first determine which ports become the root port on each switch. Then determine which port becomes the designated port for each link.
31. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured OFPF in the topology as shown. What is the preferred path to get from the LAN network that is connected to R1 to the LAN network that is connected to R7?CorrectIncorrect
HintOSPF uses bandwidth to calculate the best path from source to destination. The path with the lowest cost from source to destination is elected as the best path.
32. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes the autonomous system number used in EIGRP configuration on a Cisco router?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe autonomous system number used in the EIGRP configuration is not associated with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) globally assigned autonomous system numbers that are used by external routing protocols. It just functions as a process ID, which is necessary because a router may run multiple instances of EIGRP. Each instance of EIGRP can be configured to support and exchange routing updates for different networks. An organization has the freedom to choose its own AS number in the EIGRP configuration.
33. Question1 pointsAn EIGRP router loses the route to a network. Its topology table contains two feasible successors to the same network. What action will the router take?CorrectIncorrect
HintBecause EIGRP uses the DUAL algorithm, the router is able to maintain information on all potential loop-free backup routes. In the event of the failure of a routing table entry, the router immediately inserts the best backup route into the routing table.
34. Question1 pointsWhat is a function of OSPF hello packets?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe OSPF hello packet serves three primary functions: discover OSPF neighbors and establish adjacencies, advertise parameters that OSPF neighbors must agree on, and elect the DR and BDR.
35. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. R1 and R2 are OSPFv3 neighbors. Which address would R1 use as the next hop for packets that are destined for the Internet?CorrectIncorrect
HintBecause IPv6 routers can have multiple global addresses on each interface (or none at all), OSPFv3 uses the link-local addresses as the next hop for all routes.
36. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Match the packets with their destination IP address to the exiting interfaces on the router. (Not all targets are used.)
- The packet is dropped
- packets with destination of 172.17.10.5
- packets with destination of 172.12.10
- packets with destination of 172.14.8
- packets with destination of 172.18.20
- packets with destination of 172.17.6.15
37. Question1 pointsMatch the DHCP message types to the order of the DHCPv4 process. (Not all options are used.)
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
38. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Match the network with the correct IP address and prefix that will satisfy the usable host addressing requirements for each network. (Not all options are used.)
- Network A
- Network B
- Network C
- Network D
39. Question1 pointsMatch the description to the term. (Not all options are used.)
- Shortest Parth fist
- adjacency database
- link-state database
- single-area OSPF
- multiarea OSPF
- This is the algorithm used by OSPF
- This is where the details of the neighboring routers can be found
- This is where you can find the topology table.
- All the routers are in the backbone area.
HintPlace the options in the following order: This is where the details of the neighboring routers can be found. -> adjacency database This is the algorithm used by OSPF. -> Shortest Path First All the routers are in the backbone area. -> Single-area OSPF – not scored – This is where you can find the topology table. -> link-state database – not scored –
40. Question1 pointsMatch the order of precedence to the process logic that an OSPFv3 network router goes through in choosing a router ID. (Not all options are used.)
- The routers uses the explicitly configured router ID if any
- The routers uses the highest configured IPv4 address of a loopback interface
- The routers uses the highest configured IPv4 address of an active interface
- The routers display a console message to configure the router ID manually
- The routers chooses the highest IPv6 address that is configured on the router
- priority 1
- priority 2
- priority 3
- priority 4