1. What do devices on the same IPv4 subnet have in common?
- They all use the same default gateway.
- They all have a subnet mask of /8, /16, or /24.
- They all have the same last octet in their IPv4 addresses.
- They all have the same number in the first three octets of their IPv4 address.
2. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has added a new subnet to the network and needs hosts on that subnet to receive IPv4 addresses from the DHCPv4 server.
What two commands will allow hosts on the new subnet to receive addresses from the DHCP4 server? (Choose two.)
- R1(config)# interface G0/0
- R1(config-if)# ip helper-address 10.2.0.250
- R2(config)# interface G0/0
- R2(config-if)# ip helper-address 10.2.0.250
- R1(config-if)# ip helper-address 10.1.0.254
- R1(config)# interface G0/1
3. Refer to the exhibit. How will R1 generate the interface ID portion of the IPv6 address on interface FastEthernet 0/0?
- by using stateful DHCP
- by using a manually set value of 64
- by using a randomly generated 64-bit number
- by using the interface MAC address with a 16-bit filler
4. What is the function of ARP?
- resolves domain names to IP addresses
- provides automatic IP address assignments to hosts
- sends error and operational information messages to hosts
- maps IPv4 addresses to MAC addresses
5. Which command will create a static route on R2 in order to reach PC B?
- R2(config)# ip route 172.16.2.1 255.255.255.0 172.16.3.1
- R2(config)# ip route 172.16.2.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.2.254
- R2(config)# ip route 172.16.2.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.3.1
- R2(config)# ip route 172.16.3.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.2.254
6. Which statement describes one purpose of the subnet mask setting for a host?
- It is used to describe the type of the subnet.
- It is used to identify the default gateway.
- It is used to determine to which network the host is connected.
- It is used to determine the maximum number of bits within one packet that can be placed on a particular network.
7. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is unable to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server. Which procedure would solve this problem?
- Configure interface Fa0/0 of router RTA with the ip helper-address 10.1.2.1 command.
- Configure interface Fa0/0 of router RTA with the ip helper-address 10.1.2.10 command.
- Configure interface Fa0/1 of router RTA with the ip helper-address 10.1.2.10 command.
- Configure interface Fa0/0 of router RTA with the ip forward-protocol 67 command.
8. What two methods can be used to generate an interface ID by an IPv6 host that is using SLAAC? (Choose two.)
- random generation
- stateful DHCPv6
9. Which routing protocol uses an administrative distance of 110?
10. Which type of packet is sent by a DHCP server after receiving a DHCP Discover message?
- DHCP ACK
- DHCP Discover
- DHCP Offer
- DHCP Request
11. What are the two main components of Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF)? (Choose two.)
- adjacency tables
- MAC-address tables
- routing tables
- ARP tables
- forwarding information base (FIB)
12. Which destination IP address is used when an IPv6 host sends a DHCPv6 SOLICIT message to locate a DHCPv6 server?