0 of 27 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 27 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsA small company with 10 employees uses a single LAN to share information between computers. Which type of connection to the Internet would be appropriate for this company?CorrectIncorrect
HintFor this small office, an appropriate connection to the Internet would be through a common broadband service called Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), available from their local telephone service provider. With so few employees, bandwidth is not a significant problem. If the company were bigger, with branch offices in remote sites, private lines would be more appropriate. Virtual Private Networks would be used if the company had employees who needed to connect to the company via Internet.
2. Question1 pointsWhich network scenario will require the use of a WAN?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen traveling employees need to connect to a corporate email server through a WAN connection, the VPN will create a secure tunnel between an employee laptop and the corporate network over the WAN connection. Obtaining dynamic IP addresses through DHCP is a function of LAN communication. Sharing files among separate buildings on a corporate campus is accomplished through the LAN infrastructure. A DMZ is a protected network inside the corporate LAN infrastructure.
3. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a characteristic of a WAN?CorrectIncorrect
HintWANs are used to interconnect the enterprise LAN to remote branch site LANs and telecommuter sites. A WAN is owned by a service provider. Although WAN connections are typically made through serial interfaces, not all serial links are connected to a WAN. LANs, not WANs, provide end-user network connectivity in an organization.
4. Question1 pointsWhat are two common types of circuit-switched WAN technologies? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe two most common types of circuit-switched WAN technologies are the public switched telephone network (PSTN) and the integrated services digital network (ISDN). Frame Relay and ATM are packet-switched WAN technologies. DSL is a WAN technology that offers broadband Internet access.
5. Question1 pointsWhich two devices are needed when a digital leased line is used to provide a connection between the customer and the service provider? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintDigital leased lines require a channel service unit (CSU) and a data service unit (DSU). An access server concentrates dialup modem dial-in and dial-out user communications. Dialup modems are used to temporarily enable the use of analog telephone lines for digital data communications. A Layer 2 switch is used to connect a LAN.
6. Question1 pointsWhat is a requirement of a connectionless packet-switched network?CorrectIncorrect
HintA connection-oriented system predetermines the network path, creates a virtual circuit for the duration of the packet delivery, and requires that each packet only carry an identifier. A connectionless packet-switched network, such as the Internet, requires each data packet to carry addressing information.
7. Question1 pointsWhat is an advantage of packet-switched technology over circuit-switched technology?CorrectIncorrect
HintPacket switching does not require a circuit to be established and is able to route packets across a shared network. The cost of packet switching is lower than that of circuit-switching.
8. Question1 pointsA new corporation needs a data network that must meet certain requirements. The network must provide a low cost connection to sales people dispersed over a large geographical area. Which two types of WAN infrastructure would meet the requirements? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintVPNs over the Internet provide low cost, secure connections to remote users. VPNs are deployed over the Internet public infrastructure.
9. Question1 pointsWhat is a long distance fiber-optic media technology that supports both SONET and SDH, and assigns incoming optical signals to specific wavelengths of light?CorrectIncorrect
HintISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network), ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode), and MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) do not describe optic fiber technologies.
10. Question1 pointsWhat are two common high-bandwidth fiber-optic media standards? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) is a Layer 2 technology. ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and ITU (international Telecommunication Union) are standards organizations.
11. Question1 pointsWhich WAN technology is cell-based and well suited to carry voice and video traffic?CorrectIncorrect
HintATM is cell-based architecture. The small and fixed cells are well-suited for carrying voice and video traffic because this traffic is intolerant of delay. Video and voice traffic do not have to wait for larger data packets to be transmitted. ISDN is circuit-switched. Frame Relay and VSAT are packet-switched.
12. Question1 pointsWhich two technologies use the PSTN network to provide an Internet connection? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintDialup and ISDN use the PSTN network to provide WAN connectivity. ATM, MPLS, and Frame Relay require the service providers to build a specific network cloud to support each technology.
13. Question1 pointsA company needs to interconnect several branch offices across a metropolitan area. The network engineer is seeking a solution that provides high-speed converged traffic, including voice, video, and data on the same network infrastructure. The company also wants easy integration to their existing LAN infrastructure in their office locations. Which technology should be recommended?CorrectIncorrect
HintEthernet WAN uses many Ethernet standards and it connects easily to existing Ethernet LANs. It provides a switched, high-bandwidth Layer 2 network capable of managing data, voice, and video all on the same infrastructure. ISDN, while capable of supporting both voice and data, does not provide high bandwidth. VSAT uses satellite connectivity to establish a private WAN connection but with relatively low bandwidth. Use of VSAT, ISDN, and Frame Relay require specific network devices for the WAN connection and data conversion between LAN and WAN.
14. Question1 pointsWhich solution can provide Internet access to remote locations where no regular WAN services are available?CorrectIncorrect
HintVSAT provides Internet access through satellites, which is a solution for remote areas. WiMAX and municipal Wi-Fi are used to provide Internet connections in a metropolitan area. Ethernet is a LAN technology.
15. Question1 pointsWhich WAN technology establishes a dedicated constant point-to-point connection between two sites?CorrectIncorrect
HintA leased link establishes a dedicated constant point-to-point connection between two sites. ATM is cell-switched. ISDN is circuit-switched. Frame Relay is packet-switched.
16. Question1 pointsA customer needs a metropolitan area WAN connection that provides high-speed, dedicated bandwidth between two sites. Which type of WAN connection would best fulfill this need?CorrectIncorrect
HintMPLS can use a variety of underlying technologies such as T- and E-Carriers, Carrier Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, and DSL, all of which support lower speeds than an Ethernet WAN. Neither a circuit-switched network, such as the public switched telephone network (PSTN) or Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN), nor a packet-switched network, is considered high speed.
17. Question1 pointsWhich feature is used when connecting to the Internet using DSL?CorrectIncorrect
HintLong-Term Evolution (LTE) is used with cellular networks. IEEE 802.16 is used by WiMAX networks which provide high-speed broadband wireless service. The cable modem termination system (CMTS) is used by cable networks. A DSL access multiplexer (DSLAM) is used at an Internet provider location to connect multiple subscriber lines to the provider network.
18. Question1 pointsWhich connectivity method would be best for a corporate employee who works from home two days a week, but needs secure access to internal corporate databases?CorrectIncorrect
HintVPNs are used by companies for site-to-site connectivity and by remote users to connect securely into the corporate network by the use of VPN client software.
19. Question1 pointsWhich wireless technology provides Internet access through cellular networks?CorrectIncorrect
HintLTE or LongTerm Evolution is a fourth-generation cellular access technology that supports Internet access.
20. Question1 pointsA home user lives within 10 miles (16 kilometers) of the Internet provider network. Which type of technology provides high-speed broadband service with wireless access for this home user?CorrectIncorrect
HintWiMAX provides high-speed broadband service with wireless access and provides broad coverage. Municipal Wi-Fi is used for emergency services such as fire and police. DSL is a wired solution. 802.11 is a wireless LAN solution.
21. Question1 pointsWhat is the recommended technology to use over a public WAN infrastructure when a branch office is connected to the corporate site?CorrectIncorrect
HintISDN and ATM are Layer 1 and 2 technologies that are typically used on private WANs. Municipal WiFi is a wireless public WAN technology. Corporate communications over public WANs should use VPNs for security.
22. Question1 pointsWhat can cause a reduction in available bandwidth on a cable broadband connection?CorrectIncorrect
HintBecause the local subscribers share the same cable bandwidth, as more cable modem subscribers join the service, available bandwidth may decrease.
23. Question1 pointsWhich equipment is needed for an ISP to provide Internet connections through cable service?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe equipment located at a cable service provider office, the cable modem termination system (CMTS), sends and receives digital cable modem signals on a cable network to provide Internet services to cable subscribers. A DSLAM performs a similar function for DSL service providers. A CSU/DSU is used in leased line connections. Access servers are needed to process multiple simultaneous dial-up connections to a Central Office (CO).
24. Question1 pointsWhich geographic scope requirement would be considered a distributed WAN scope?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a business context, a one-to-one scope would encompass a corporation that has a single branch office. A one-to-many WAN scope would encompass a corporation with multiple branch offices. A distributed WAN would have many branch offices connected to many other sites.
25. Question1 pointsA corporation is looking for a solution to connect multiple, newly established remote branch offices. Which consideration is important when selecting a private WAN connection rather than a public WAN connection?CorrectIncorrect
HintA private WAN solution that involves dedicated links between sites offers the best security and confidentiality. Both private and public WAN solutions offer comparable connection bandwidth, depending on the technology chosen. Connecting multiple sites with private WAN connections could be very expensive. The website and file exchange service support is not relevant.
26. Question1 pointsQuestion as presented:
- devices and inside wiring that are located on the enterprise edge an connect to the carries kink
- devices the provide an interface for customers to connect to within the WAN cloud
- customer devices that pass the data from a customer network for transmission ove the WAN
- a physical connection from the customer to the service provider POP
- services provider facility that connects the PCE to the provider network
- location where the responsibility to the connection changes from the customer to the service provider
- local loop
27. Question1 pointsQuestion as presented:
- municipal Wi-Fi
- satellite interface
- set up by a city to provide free interface access
- slow accsess (upload speed is about one-tenth download speed)
- usse traditional phone network
- uses traditional video network