1. What are two characteristics of a Layer 2 Ethernet switch access port? (Choose two.)
- Access mode is the default operating mode for a port on a Layer 2 switch.
- An access port is associated with a single VLAN.
- An access port uses 802.1Q frame encapsulation.
- Access ports require an SVI to be configured on the switch.
- A native VLAN is configured on each access port.
2. Which packet forwarding process uses ternary content addressable memory (TCAM)?
- hardware CEF
- software CEF
- process switching
- complex packet forwarding
3. What is a feature of a Cisco switch SVI?
- An SVI is configured by setting it as a VLAN interface.
- An SVI is configured by virtualizing a specified physical switch interface.
- One SVI is associated with the switch native VLAN by default.
- An SVI is operational if one of the switch interfaces is associated with any VLAN.
4. Which Cisco router component performs process switching of packets?
- the general-purpose CPU
- the ASIC
- the forwarding engine
- the TCAM
5. What is the difference between a routed switch port and a trunk port on a multilayer switch?
- A routed port is assigned an IP address.
- A routed switch port forwards frames in multiple VLANs.
- A trunk port forwards Layer 3 packets.
- A routed port can be connected directly to switch access ports.
6. What would be the source of the entries in the ARP table of a particular IPv4 host?
- devices that the host has communicated with recently that are on the same IP network segment
- all devices that the host has communicated with recently
- only an entry for the device that is the next hop to reach a remote network
- devices that the host has communicated with recently that are on remote IP networks
7. Which is the correct description of a native VLAN on a Cisco switch?
- the VLAN that contains any untagged network traffic on a trunk port
- the VLAN that is always used to manage the switch
- the VLAN that is assigned to the switch SVI by default
- the VLAN that has a VLAN ID of 0
8. Which router memory component is used by CEF to make packet forwarding decisions?
- forwarding information base
- routing table
- label informnation base
- routing information base
9. Where does a Cisco switch store the MAC address table entries?
- adjacency table
- routing table.
10. Which CEF component enables multiple actions to be performed in addition to allowing or dropping traffic?
- adjacency table
11. What is a feature of virtual LANs (VLANs)?
- Logical segmentation is provided by creating multiple broadcast domains on a single switch.
- A single collision domain is enabled on a switch that is shared between VLANs.
- Communication between different VLANs on the one switch is enabled by default.
- Switch port utilization is decreased because each port is only associated with one broadcast domain.
12. What are two characteristics of Layer 2 Ethernet trunk ports? (Choose two.)
- Trunk ports carry multiple VLANs.
- Trunk ports connect a switch to other switches or to other network devices.
- Trunk ports ensure that broadcast communications are contained within one switch.
- Trunk ports automatically load balance data traffic between network devices.
- Trunk ports are only used to connect to network end devices.