Module 1.4.2 Quiz – Data Analytic Projects Answers
1. A college has deployed next-generation analytics. Which question would most likely be answered by next generation analytics that could not be answered by traditional analysis tools?
- Which class has the most sections available?
- What are the 10 most expensive textbooks required in any class?
- Which 100 classes fill the fastest once open enrollment is available for the general population?
- Which teacher had the highest number of students enrolled in classes during the last year?
- Which class sections do students consider the most in the online environment without actually enrolling?
2. A college uses a learning management system (LMS) to host lecture materials and provide access to assignments and assessments. A teacher uses the LMS to check activities completed by students in a particular course. Which data analytics method is being used?
3. A large online ordering company collects the sales history of its customers. Using this historical data, the online company sends customized sales advertisements to a specific group of customers. Which data analytics method is being used?
4. What is an example of descriptive data analysis?
- predicted oil price increases
- control of highway traffic signals
- an hourly traffic report for a highway
- a weather forecast description
5. What is a benefit of analyzing data in motion rather than a static data set?
- Critical decisions can be made more quickly.
- The data is more accurate.
- All historical data is used to arrive at a decision.
- The data is more structured.
6. Which type of results do data analysts calculate from larger datasets to inform decision making?
7. What is a characteristic of predictive data analysis?
- establishes a future trend line based on past data
- uses simple math models
- uses a feedback system to track outcome of actions taken
- based solely on historical data
8. Match the step in the Data Analysis Lifecycle with the description.
9. What is the first step in any analytic project?
- defining the goal of the project
- finding relevant data for analysis
- creating representative charts and graphs
- making recommendations for changes