CCNA 1 Chapter 10 v5.0 Exam Answers 2015 (100%) PDF Download
1. Which three layers of the OSI model provide similar network services to those provided by the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
- physical layer
- session layer
- transport layer
- application layer
- presentation layer
- data link layer
2. Which two tasks are functions of the presentation layer? (Choose two.)
- session control
3. Select three protocols that operate at the Application Layer of the OSI model. (Choose three.)
4. A manufacturing company subscribes to certain hosted services from their ISP. The services required include hosted world wide web, file transfer, and e-mail. Which protocols represent these three key applications? (Choose three.)
5. What are two characteristics of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose two.)
- one way data flow
- decentralized resources
- centralized user accounts
- resource sharing without a dedicated server
6. What is an example of network communication that uses the client-server model?
- A user uses eMule to download a file that is shared by a friend after the file location is determined.
- A workstation initiates an ARP to find the MAC address of a receiving host.
- A user prints a document by using a printer that is attached to a workstation of a coworker.
- A workstation initiates a DNS request when the user types www.cisco.com in the address bar of a web browser.
7. What is an advantage for small organizations of adopting IMAP instead of POP?
- Messages are kept in the mail servers until the client manually deletes them.
- When the user connects to a POP server, copies of the messages are kept in the mail server for a short time, but
- IMAP keeps them for a long time.
- IMAP sends and retrieves email, but POP only retrieves email.
- POP only allows the client to store messages in a centralized way, while IMAP allows distributed storage.
8. Which two actions are taken by SMTP if the destination email server is busy when email messages are sent? (Choose two.)
- SMTP sends an error message back to the sender and closes the connection.
- SMTP tries to send the messages at a later time.
- SMTP will discard the message if it is still not delivered after a predetermined expiration time.
- SMTP periodically checks the queue for messages and attempts to send them again.
- SMTP sends the messages to another mail server for delivery.
9. Which application layer protocol uses message types such as GET, PUT, and POST?
10. A DHCP-enabled client PC has just booted. During which two steps will the client PC use broadcast messages when communicating with a DHCP server? (Choose two.)
- The user will not be able to access the site.
- The user will access the site without problems.
- The user will have to modify the DNS server address on the local PC in order to access the site.
- The user will have to issue a ping to this new IP address to be sure that the domain name remained the same.
12. Which DNS server in the DNS hierarchy would be considered authoritative for the domain name records of a company named netacad?
13. Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
- The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
- The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
- The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
- The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
- All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
- Only the DHCP server receives the message.
14. Which phrase describes an FTP daemon?
- a diagnostic FTP program
- a program that is running on an FTP server
- a program that is running on an FTP client
- an application that is used to request data from an FTP server
15. What is true about the Server Message Block protocol?
- Different SMB message types have a different format.
- Clients establish a long term connection to servers.
- SMB messages cannot authenticate a session.
- SMB uses the FTP protocol for communication.
16. When would it be more efficient to use SMB to transfer files instead of FTP?
- when downloading large files with a variety of formats from different servers
- when a peer-to-peer application is required
- when the host devices on the network use the Windows operating system
- when downloading large numbers of files from the same server
- when uploading the same file to multiple remote servers
17. Fill in the blank.
What is the acronym for the protocol that is used when securely communicating with a web server? HTTPS
18. Fill in the blank.
CCNA 1 Chapter 10 Exam Answer 001 (v5.02, 2015)
19. Refer to the exhibit. What command was used to resolve a given host name by querying the name servers? NSLOOKUP
20. Match the DNS record type to the corresponding description. (Not all options are used.)
CCNA 1 Chapter 10 Exam Answer 002 (v5.02, 2015)
21. Match the purpose with its DHCP message type. (Not all options are used.)
CCNA 1 Chapter 10 Exam Answer 003 (v5.02, 2015)
CCNA 1 Chapter 10 Exam Answer 004 (v5.02, 2015)
23. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which PC or PCs are sending FTP packets to the server?
- PC_1 and PC_3