0 of 28 questions completed
Good luck for you!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 28 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsA newly hired network technician is given the task of ordering new hardware for a small business with a large growth forecast. Which primary factor should the technician be concerned with when choosing the new devices?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn a small business with a large growth forecast, the primary influencing factor would be the ability of devices to support modularity. Devices with a fixed type/number of interfaces would not support growth. Redundancy is an important factor, but typically found in large enterprises. Network monitoring is also an important consideration, but not as important as modularity.
2. Question1 pointsWhich network design consideration would be more important to a large corporation than to a small business?CorrectIncorrect
HintSmall businesses today do need Internet access and use an Internet router to provide this need. A switch is required to connect the two host devices and any IP phones or network devices such as a printer or a scanner. The switch may be integrated into the router. A firewall is needed to protect the business computing assets. Redundancy is not normally found in very small companies, but slightly larger small companies might use port density redundancy or have redundant Internet providers/links.
3. Question1 pointsWhich two traffic types require delay sensitive delivery? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintVoice and video traffic have delay sensitive characteristics and must be given priority over other traffic types such as web, email, and file transfer traffic.
4. Question1 pointsA network administrator for a small company is contemplating how to scale the network over the next three years to accommodate projected growth. Which three types of information should be used to plan for network growth? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintSeveral elements that are needed to scale a network include documentation of the physical and logical topology, a list of devices that are used on the network, and an analysis of the traffic on the network.
5. Question1 pointsWhich two statements describe how to assess traffic flow patterns and network traffic types using a protocol analyzer? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintTraffic flow patterns should be gathered during peak utilization times to get a good representation of the different traffic types. The capture should also be performed on different network segments because some traffic will be local to a particular segment.
6. Question1 pointsSome routers and switches in a wiring closet malfunctioned after an air conditioning unit failed. What type of threat does this situation describe?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe four classes of threats are as follows: Hardware threats – physical damage to servers, routers, switches, cabling plant, and workstations Environmental threats – temperature extremes (too hot or too cold) or humidity extremes (too wet or too dry) Electrical threats – voltage spikes, insufficient supply voltage (brownouts), unconditioned power (noise), and total power loss Maintenance threats – poor handling of key electrical components (electrostatic discharge), lack of critical spare parts, poor cabling, and poor labeling
7. Question1 pointsWhich type of network threat is intended to prevent authorized users from accessing resources?CorrectIncorrect
HintNetwork reconnaissance attacks involve the unauthorized discovery and mapping of the network and network systems. Access attacks and trust exploitation involve unauthorized manipulation of data and access to systems or user privileges. DoS, or Denial of Service attacks, are intended to prevent legitimate users and devices from accessing network resources.
8. Question1 pointsWhich two actions can be taken to prevent a successful network attack on an email server account? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintOne of the most common types of access attack uses a packet sniffer to yield user accounts and passwords that are transmitted as clear text. Repeated attempts to log in to a server to gain unauthorized access constitute another type of access attack. Limiting the number of attempts to log in to the server and using encrypted passwords will help prevent successful logins through these types of access attack.
9. Question1 pointsWhich firewall feature is used to ensure that packets coming into a network are legitimate responses initiated from internal hosts?CorrectIncorrect
HintStateful packet inspection on a firewall checks that incoming packets are actually legitimate responses to requests originating from hosts inside the network. Packet filtering can be used to permit or deny access to resources based on IP or MAC address. Application filtering can permit or deny access based on port number. URL filtering is used to permit or deny access based on URL or on keywords.
10. Question1 pointsWhat is the purpose of the network security authentication function?CorrectIncorrect
HintAuthentication, authorization, and accounting are network services collectively known as AAA. Authentication requires users to prove who they are. Authorization determines which resources the user can access. Accounting keeps track of the actions of the user.
11. Question1 pointsA network administrator is issuing the login block-for 180 attempts 2 within 30 command on a router. Which threat is the network administrator trying to prevent?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe login block-for 180 attempts 2 within 30 command will cause the device to block authentication after 2 unsuccessful attempts within 30 seconds for a duration of 180 seconds. A device inspecting the traffic on a link has nothing to do with the router. The router configuration cannot prevent unauthorized access to the equipment room. A worm would not attempt to access the router to propagate to another part of the network.
12. Question1 pointsWhich two steps are required before SSH can be enabled on a Cisco router? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThere are four steps to configure SSH on a Cisco router. First, set the host name and domain name. Second, generate a set of RSA keys to be used for encrypting and decrypting the traffic. Third, create the user IDs and passwords of the users who will be connecting. Lastly, enable SSH on the vty lines on the router. SSH does not need to be set up on any physical interfaces, nor does an external authentication server need to be used. While it is a good idea to configure a banner to display legal information for connecting users, it is not required to enable SSH.
13. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. Baseline documentation for a small company had ping round trip time statistics of 36/97/132 between hosts H1 and H3. Today the network administrator checked connectivity by pinging between hosts H1 and H3 that resulted in a round trip time of 1458/2390/6066. What does this indicate to the network administrator?CorrectIncorrect
HintPing round trip time statistics are shown in milliseconds. The larger the number the more delay. A baseline is critical in times of slow performance. By looking at the documentation for the performance when the network is performing fine and comparing it to information when there is a problem, a network administrator can resolve problems faster.
14. Question1 pointsWhen should an administrator establish a network baseline?CorrectIncorrect
HintAn effective network baseline can be established by monitoring the traffic at regular intervals. This allows the administrator to take note when any deviance from the established norm occurs in the network.
15. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to troubleshoot connectivity between PC1 and PC2 and uses the tracert command from PC1 to do it. Based on the displayed output, where should the administrator begin troubleshooting?CorrectIncorrect
HintTracert is used to trace the path a packet takes. The only successful response was from the first device along the path on the same LAN as the sending host. The first device is the default gateway on router R1. The administrator should therefore start troubleshooting at R1.
16. Question1 pointsWhich statement is true about CDP on a Cisco device?CorrectIncorrect
HintCDP is a Cisco-proprietary protocol that can be disabled globally by using the no cdp run global configuration command, or disabled on a specific interface, by using the no cdp enable interface configuration command. Because CDP operates at the data link layer, two or more Cisco network devices, such as routers can learn about each other even if Layer 3 connectivity does not exist. The show cdp neighbors detail command reveals the IP address of a neighboring device regardless of whether you can ping the neighbor.
17. Question1 pointsA network administrator for a small campus network has issued the show ip interface brief command on a switch. What is the administrator verifying with this command?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe show ip interface brief command is used to verify the status and IP address configuration of the physical and switch virtual interfaces (SVI).
18. Question1 pointsA network technician issues the arp -d * command on a PC after the router that is connected to the LAN is reconfigured. What is the result after this command is issued?CorrectIncorrect
HintIssuing the arp –d * command on a PC will clear the ARP cache content. This is helpful when a network technician wants to ensure the cache is populated with updated information.
19. Question1 pointsFill in the blank.
- (VoIP) defines the protocols and technologies that implement the transmission of voice data over an IP network
20. Question1 pointsFill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
- The show (file systems) command provides information about the amount of free nvram and flash memory with the permissions for reading or writing data.
21. Question1 pointsFill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
- The (show version) command that is issued on a router is used to verify the value of the software configuration register.
HintThe show version command that is issued on a router displays the value of the configuration register, the Cisco IOS version being used, and the amount of flash memory on the device, among other information.
22. Question1 pointsA network technician issues the C:\> tracert -6 www.cisco.com command on a Windows PC. What is the purpose of the -6 command option?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe -6 option in the command C:\> tracert -6 www.cisco.com is used to force the trace to use IPv6.
23. Question1 pointsWhich command should be used on a Cisco router or switch to allow log messages to be displayed on remotely connected sessions using Telnet or SSH?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe terminal monitor command is very important to use when log messages appear. Log messages appear by default when a user is directly consoled into a Cisco device, but require the terminal monitor command to be entered when a user is accessing a network device remotely.
24. Question1 pointsMatch the type of information security threat to the scenario. (Not all options are used.)
- installing virus code to destroy surveillance recordings for certain days
- pretending to be someone else by using stolen personal information to apply for a credit card
- preventing userd from accessing a website by sending a large number of link requests in a short period
- obtaining trade secret documents illegally
- cracking the password of an administrator account on a server
- data loss
- identity theft
- disruption of service
- information theft
HintAfter an intruder gains access to a network, common network threats are as follows: Information theft Identity theft Data loss or manipulation Disruption of service Cracking the password for a known username is a type of access attack.
25. Question1 pointsWhat service defines the protocols and technologies that implement the transmission of voice packets over an IP network?CorrectIncorrect
26. Question1 pointsWhat is the purpose of using SSH to connect to a router?CorrectIncorrect
27. Question1 pointsWhat information about a Cisco router can be verified using the show version command?CorrectIncorrect
28. Question1 pointsA network technician issues the C:\> tracert -6 www.cisco.com command on a Windows PC. What is the purpose of the -6 command option?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe -6 option in the command C:\> tracert -6 www.cisco.com is used to force the trace to use IPv6.