13. What are the two locations that a WLC is commonly placed in when deploying a centralized wireless LAN topology? (Choose two.)
- implemented near the network core
- implemented within the data center
- implemented within the access layer
- implemented as software on an AP
- embedded within an access switch
14. How often are keepalives sent from an AP to a controller over a wired network?
- every 3 seconds
- every 6 seconds
- every 10 seconds
- every 30 seconds
15. When considering the performance of a wireless antenna, what is a radiation pattern?
- a graph of the RF signal as a frequency compared to time
- a plot that shows the dynamic rate shifting of a wireless connection over varying distance
- a graph comparing the varying wireless antenna types and the measured distances achievable
- a plot that shows the relative signal strength around an antenna
16. Which statement describes an autonomous access point?
- It is used for networks that require a large number of access points.
- It is a standalone access point.
- It is server-dependent.
- It is managed by a WLAN controller.
17. When must both the
ip forward-protocol and
ip helper-address commands be entered on a Cisco device during a WLC deployment in order to successfully forward CAPWAP Discovery Requests?
- when a router is positioned between the WLC and the lightweight AP
- when an access switch is positioned between the WLC and the lightweight AP
- when a WLC is deployed within a centralized WLAN network topology
- when a WLC is deployed using an embedded access switch
18. What is the function provided by CAPWAP protocol in a corporate wireless network?
- CAPWAP provides the encapsulation and forwarding of wireless user traffic between an access point and a wireless LAN controller.
- CAPWAP provides the encryption of wireless user traffic between an access point and a wireless client.
- CAPWAP provides connectivity between an access point using IPv6 addressing and a wireless client using IPv4 addressing.
- CAPWAP creates a tunnel on Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) ports in order to allow a WLC to configure an autonomous access point
19. Which DHCP feature or option provides a list of suggested wireless controllers to a lightweight AP?
- DHCP option 150
- DHCP option 43
- DNS server IPs
- default router IP
20. What is the maximum recommended round-trip time between an access point and a controller when trying to maintain near real-time wireless communication?
- less than 50 ms
- less than 75 ms
- less than 100 ms
- less than 150 ms
21. What is the default mode being used by a lightweight access point?
22. Which step can be taken to minimize downtime when moving APs from one controller to a new controller with a different code release?
- Predownload the new release to the APs to be moved.
- Configure the APs to be moved with the IP address of the new controller.
- Connect the new WLC as the primary controller and force the APs to join the new controller and automatically download the software release.
- Reboot the new controller with the software release and then join the current APs to it.
23. What is a characteristic of a Yagi antenna that is used by Cisco Aironet Access Points?
- It provides 360-degree coverage.
- It can be used for long-distance Wi-Fi networking.
- It is also referred to as a “rubber duck” design.
- It has the same characteristics as an omnidirectional Wi-Fi antenna.
24. What is a difference between autonomous APs and controller-based APs in wireless LANs?
- Controller-based APs support PAgP and LACP protocols, whereas autonomous APs do not.
- When wireless demands increase, controller-based APs provide a better solution than do autonomous APs.
- Autonomous APs are easier to configure and manage than are controller-based APs.
- Autonomous APs require no initial configuration, whereas the lightweight APs require an initial configuration before communicating with a WLAN controller.
“Do I Know This Already?” Quiz Answers:
1. Suppose that a lightweight AP in default local mode is used to support wireless clients. Which one of the following paths would traffic usually take when passing from one wireless client to another?
- Through the AP only
- Through the AP and its controller
- Through the controller only
- None of these answers (Traffic must go directly over the air.)
2. A centralized wireless network is built with 1 WLC and 32 lightweight APs. Which one of the following best describes the resulting architecture?
- A direct Layer 2 path from the WLC to each of the 32 APs, all using the same IP subnet
- A direct Layer 3 path from the WLC to each of the 32 APs, all using the same IP subnet
- 32 CAPWAP tunnels daisy-chained between the APs, one CAPWAP tunnel to the WLC
- 32 CAPWAP tunnels—1 tunnel from the WLC to each AP, with no IP subnet restrictions
3. Which of the following unique features is true in an embedded wireless network architecture?
- An access layer switch can also function as an AP.
- All WLCs are converged into one device.
- Large groups of APs connect to a single access layer switch.
- An access layer switch can also function as a WLC.
4. Which one of the following comes first in a lightweight AP’s state machine after it boots?
- Building a CAPWAP tunnel
- Discovering WLCs
- Downloading a configuration
- Joining a WLC
5. If a lightweight AP needs to download a new software image, how does it get the image?
- From a TFTP server
- From an FTP server
- From a WLC
- You must preconfigure it.
6. Which of the following is not a valid way that an AP can learn of WLCs that it might join?
- Primed entries
- List from a previously joined controller
- Subnet broadcast
- Over-the-air neighbor message from another AP
7. If an AP tries every available method to discover a controller but fails to do so, what happens next?
- It broadcasts on every possible subnet.
- It tries to contact the default controller at 10.0.0.1.
- It reboots or starts discovering again.
- It uses IP redirect on the local router.
8. Which of the following is the most deterministic strategy you can use to push a specific AP to join a specific controller?
- Let the AP select the least-loaded controller
- Use DHCP option 43
- Specify the master controller
- Specify the primary controller
9. Which of the following antennas would probably have the greatest gain?
10. An omnidirectional antenna usually has which of the following characteristics? (Choose two.)
- Low gain
- Small beamwidth
- High gain
- Zero gain
- Large beamwidth