13. A wireless LAN is being deployed inside the new one room office that is occupied by the park ranger. The office is located at the highest part of the national park. After network testing is complete, the technicians report that the wireless LAN signal is occasionally affected by some type of interference. What are two possible causes of the signal distortion? (Choose two.)
- the microwave oven
- the large number of trees that surround the office
- the cellular phones that are used by the employees
- the elevated location where the wireless LAN was installed
- the number of wireless devices that are used in the wireless LAN
14. Which protocol could be used by a company to monitor devices such as a wireless LAN controller (WLC)?
15. HealthOne, Inc. provides wireless connectivity in its clinic facilities for staff access to internal network resources. The wireless security policy specifies that the staff must perform user-based authentication with a special back-end authentication server before they are allowed to access the WLAN. Which technology should be chosen in the WLAN implementation to meet this requirement?
16. A threat actor uses network scanning tools and penetration tools to discover the IP address and manufacturer of a home wireless router. The threat actor then uses internet searches to discover the default administrative access details. Successful remote access of the home router allows the threat actor to use it as a vector to attack other devices. Which element of smart home security is affected by this attack?
17. Which device provides wireless connectivity to users as its primary function?
- access point
18. What is a DHCP scope as it relates to a WLAN configured on the WLC controller?
- a corporate plan for allocation of IP addresses for wireless clients
- a pool of IP addresses for WLAN clients
- security rules associated with DHCP for WLANs
- the distance allotted for wireless clients that can receive IP addressing information
19. Included in a Bill of Materials (BOM) for a SOHO wired implementation is a Cisco 2811 router, Catalyst 2560 switch, four PCs, three laptops, and a networked printer. Wireless LAN capability will be implemented on this network. Which two equipment types must be added to the BOM to implement this request? (Choose two.)
- DNS server
- LAN switch
- wireless NICs
- DHCP server
- wireless access points
20. Which WLC tab would a network administrator typically use to see a summary view of the most heavily used WLANs including the number of clients using a particular WLAN?
21. A network administrator is configuring the SNMP function on a Cisco 3500 series WLC. The task is to add an SNMP trap server to which this WLC will forward SNMP log messages. Which tab should the administrator use to add the SNMP trap server information?
22. After the administrator manually configures the correct SSID on a new laptop, the computer is still unable to connect to the wireless LAN. Which additional action should the administrator take to resolve this problem?
- Modify the group account of the user to include all file permissions.
- Reboot the wireless access point.
- Rename the laptop and reset the user password on the network.
- Verify that the MAC address for the laptop is in the MAC address filter table.
23. Which feature or function does an AP provide in a wireless LAN?
- An AP is easier to configure and to set up than Wi-Fi range extenders.
- Each AP advertises one or more SSIDs and a user can choose to connect to the closest SSID.
- A wireless device has to be associated to an AP in order to have access to network resources.
- A wireless client can connect to more than one AP at a time.
24. Which statement describes an autonomous access point?
- It is used for networks that require a large number of access points.
- It is a standalone access point.
- It is server-dependent.
- It is managed by a WLAN controller.
“Do I Know This Already?” Quiz Answers:
1. Which of the following is considered to be the best first step in troubleshooting a wireless problem?
- Reboot the wireless LAN controller
- Gather more information to find the scope of the problem
- Access the WLC and search for clients in the error logs
- Access the WLC and look for alarms; if none are found, close the incident ticket
2. To troubleshoot a single wireless client, which one of the following bits of information would be most helpful in finding the client device in a wireless LAN controller?
- The Ethernet MAC address of the client device
- The end user’s name
- The wireless MAC address of the client device
- The name of the application having issues
3. Suppose you have accessed a WLC to search for a client’s MAC address. Information about the client is displayed, along with a sequence of dots indicating connectivity. The last green dot in the sequence is labeled Online. Which one of the following statements is the most correct?
- The client device is powered up and online but has not begun to join the wireless network.
- The client device has successfully joined the wireless network.
- The client device has associated with an AP to get online but has not authenticated successfully.
- None of the above
4. According to the Connectivity chart on the WLC’s Client View screen, which one of the following states indicates that a wireless client has met all of the requirements to begin using a wireless network?
5. Suppose an end user tried to join a wireless network several minutes ago. The WLC Client View screen shows the client to be in the Association state but not the Authentication state. Which one of the following best describes the client’s current condition?
- The client does not support any of the 802.11 amendments.
- The client has an incorrect pre-shared key.
- Spanning Tree Protocol is blocking the AP’s uplink.
- The client failed to receive an IP address.
6. Suppose that you have a large wireless network with several controllers, many APs, a RADIUS server, and a syslog server. A user has reported connectivity problems in a specific building location but has provided no details about the AP or controller he tried to join. Which one of the following is the most efficient troubleshooting method you can use to find information about the client?
- Go to the client’s location and use your own computer to associate with the network and then find out which AP and controller you are using
- Access each WLC and check the status of every AP that is joined to it
- Search for the client’s MAC address on each controller
- Search for the client’s MAC address on the RADIUS server
7. Suppose you search a WLC for a client device’s MAC address. The results show a Connection Score value of 10%. Which one of the following correctly describes the scenario?
- The client is using its connection only 10% of the time.
- The client is currently in the bottom 10% of all wireless clients in data usage.
- The client has a received signal strength of 10% at the AP.
- The client is currently using a data rate that is 10% of its maximum capability.
8. Suppose that you have just received news that no users can connect with a newly installed AP. Which one of the following bits of information would be important when you search for the AP’s name from the WLC? (Choose all that apply.)
- The AP has a valid IP address.
- The AP is not found.
- The AP has no channel numbers listed for the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.
- The AP has a valid MAC address.
9. Suppose you search for an AP on a WLC and notice that Noise is −20 on the 2.4 GHz band. Which of the following statements is correct?
- The noise is at a very low level, which is good for wireless performance.
- The noise is at a very high level, which is good for wireless performance.
- The noise is at a very low level, which is bad for wireless performance.
- The noise is at a very high level, which is bad for wireless performance.
10. Suppose you access a WLC and search for the name of a specific AP for which users have complained about problems. When you look at the 5 GHz information about the AP, you notice that it is using channel 60 and has 5 dBm transmit power, 65 clients, −90 noise level, 1% channel utilization, and the Air Quality value 10. Which of the following conclusions would be most accurate?
- The AP has too many clients using the 5 GHz channel, which is causing poor performance.
- The noise level is too low, which is causing poor performance.
- The channel utilization is too low, which is keeping clients from using the channel.
- The Air Quality value indicates a severe problem with interference on the channel.