1. A company designs its network so that the PCs in the internal network are assigned IP addresses from DHCP servers, and the packets that are sent to the Internet are translated through a NAT-enabled router. What type of NAT enables the router to populate the translation table from a pool of unique public addresses, as the PCs send packets through the router to the Internet?
- static NAT
- dynamic NAT
2. Which FHRP has routers with the roles of active virtual gateway and active virtual forwarder?
3. When dynamic NAT without overloading is being used, what happens if seven users attempt to access a public server on the Internet when only six addresses are available in the NAT pool?
- No users can access the server.
- The request to the server for the seventh user fails.
- All users can access the server.
- The first user gets disconnected when the seventh user makes the request.
4. What is the default GLBP load-balancing mechanism?
- round robin
- fair weighted queue
5. A network administrator wants to examine the active NAT translations on a border router. Which command would perform the task?
- Router# show ip nat translations
- Router# show ip nat statistics
- Router# clear ip nat translations
- Router# debug ip nat translations
6. Which command is used to configure a Cisco router as an authoritative NTP server?
- ntp master 1
- ntp server 172.16.16.100
- ntp broadcast client
- clock set 11:00:00 DEC 20 2020
7. What is a feature of the NTP synchronization process?
- An NTP client can synchronize large time discrepancies to almost perfect accuracy within a few NTP server polling cycles.
- All NTP clients will synchronize to within a fraction of a second accuracy within two polling cycles with the NTP server.
- NTP synchronization requires an NTP client to regularly poll a minimum of two NTP servers.
- The rate at which an NTP client device maintains time does not deviate from device to device.
8. From the perspective of managing a network, what are three reasons why it is important that the time be synchronized between network devices? (Choose three.)
- managing passwords that change at specific time intervals
- exchanging encryption keys
- troubleshooting network devices
- enabling dynamic routing protocols to converge
- ensuring that FHRP operates as expected
- optimizing Cisco Express Forwarding
9. Network resiliency is a key component of a network design. Which two mechanisms will provide redundancy and resiliency for Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices? (Choose two.)
10. If VRRP is operating correctly across two routers and the preferred active router fails, which router takes over as the LAN gateway?
- backup router
- master router
- designated router
- backup designated router
- standby router
- active virtual router
11. If an NTP client is configured to communicate with multiple NTP servers, which server is used to synchronize time?
- the NTP server with the lowest stratum
- the NTP server with the highest stratum
- the first NTP server configured on the client
- the NTP server selected by a round robin process
12. What is the purpose of HSRP?
- It provides a continuous network connection when a router fails.
- It prevents a rogue switch from becoming the STP root.
- It enables an access port to immediately transition to the forwarding state.
- It prevents malicious hosts from connecting to trunk ports.
13. What type of NAT performs a many-to-one address mapping between local and global addresses and uses source ports to uniquely identify sessions?
- dynamic NAT
- static NAT
“Do I Know This Already?” Quiz Answers:
1. NTP uses the concept of ________ to calculate the accuracy of the time source.
- administrative distance
- atomic half-life
- deviation time
2. True or false: An NTP client can be configured with multiple NTP servers and can synchronize its local clock with all the servers.
3. In a resilient network topology, first-hop redundancy protocols (FHRP) overcome the limitations of which of the following? (Choose two.)
- Static default routes
- Link-state routing protocols
- Vector-based routing protocols
- A computer with only one default gateway
4. Which of the following FHRPs are considered Cisco proprietary? (Choose two.)
5. Which of the following commands defines the HSRP instance 1 VIP gateway instance 10.1.1.1?
- standby 1 ip 10.1.1.1
- hsrp 1 ip 10.1.1.1
- hsrp 1 vip 10.1.1.1
- hsrp 1 10.1.1.1
6. Which of the following FHRPs supports load balancing?
7. Which command displays the translation table on a router?
- show ip translations
- show ip xlate
- show xlate
- show ip nat translations
8. A router connects multiple private networks in the 10.0.0.0/8 network range to the Internet. A user’s IP address of 10.1.1.1 is considered the __________ IP address.
- inside local
- inside global
- outside local
- outside global
9. The IP translation table times out and clears dynamic TCP connection entries from the translation table after how long?
- 1 hour
- 4 hours
- 12 hours
- 24 hours