49. What protocol or technology manages trunk negotiations between switches?
50. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator tried to implement an EtherChannel between two switches by grouping the six physical ports as shown. However, the administrator was not successful. What is the reason for that?
- An EtherChannel link can only be created between Layer 3 switches.
- An EtherChannel link can only be formed by grouping interfaces of the same type.
- An EtherChannel link can only be implemented on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- An EtherChannel link can only be implemented on Fast Ethernet interfaces.
51. What is the effect of entering the switchport mode trunk and switchport nonegotiate interface configuration commands on a Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch that is connected to a switch that does not support DTP?
- It will cause the port to generate DTP frames.
- It will cause the port to become an access port.
- It will cause the interface to become a trunk but not generate DTP frames.
- It will set the port as dynamic desirable.
52. Which feature could be used in a network design to increase the bandwidth by combining multiple physical links into a single logical link?
- trunk sports
53. A network administrator is planning to add a new switch to the network. What should the network administrator do to ensure the new switch exchanges VTP information with the other switches in the VTP domain?
- Configure the correct VTP domain name and password on the new switch.
- Associate all ports of the new switch to a VLAN that is not VLAN 1.
- Configure the VLANs on the new switch.
- Configure all ports on the new switch to access mode.
54. Which statement describes a characteristic of EtherChannel?
- It can combine up to a maximum of 4 physical links.
- It can bundle mixed types of 100Mb/s and 1Gb/s Ethernet links.
- It consists of multiple parallel links between a switch and a router.
- It is made by combining multiple physical links that are seen as one link between two switches.
55. Refer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would allow data to be transmitted over each access layer switch link and prevent the port from being blocked by spanning-tree because of the redundant link?
56. Which technology is an open protocol standard that allows switches to automatically bundle physical ports into a single logical link?
- Multilink PPP
57. When EtherChannel is configured, which mode will force an interface into a port channel without exchanging aggregation protocol packets?
58. Which three parameters must match, on the ports of two switches, for a PAgP Etherchannel to be created? (Choose three.)
- PAgP mode
- Port ID
- MAC address
- VLAN information
59. In which link aggregation mode does an interface initiate EtherChannel negotiation by sending LACP packets?
60. Refer to the exhibit. Which switching technology would allow each access layer switch link to be aggregated to provide more bandwidth between each Layer 2 switch and the Layer 3 switch?
61. As the network administrator you have been asked to implement EtherChannel on the corporate network. What does this configuration consist of?
- providing redundant links that dynamically block or forward traffic
- grouping multiple physical ports to increase bandwidth between two switches
- grouping two devices to share a virtual IP address
- providing redundant devices to allow traffic to flow in the event of device failure
62. A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel trunk link to add additional allowed VLANs to pass the link. Which statement describes the process of this change?
- The change should be made on the port channel interface at both sides.
- The change should be made on each physical interface of the EtherChannel.
- The change only needs to be made on one side of the EtherChannel link, because it will automatically propagate to the other side.
- The change can be made on the port channel interface at one side and the change will be negotiated to the other side.
63. Which two events will cause the VTP revision number on a VTP server to change? (Choose two.)
- adding VLANs
- rebooting the switch
- changing the VTP domain name
- changing the switch to a VTP client
- changing interface VLAN designations