0 of 22 questions completed
good luck for you!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 22 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsA technician discovers that RAID has stopped working. Which two situations could cause this issue? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsA technician is upgrading an older PC with a dual core CPU. When the PC restarts, it is slower than it was before the upgrade. The Performance tab from the Task Manager displays only one CPU graph. What is the most probable solution to this problem?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsWhat is a symptom of a printer fuser that needs to be replaced?CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 pointsWhat is a probable cause of a printer producing pages with ghost images?CorrectIncorrect
5. Question1 pointsWhat corrective action should be taken on a printer that prints unknown characters?CorrectIncorrect
6. Question1 pointsUsers in an office complain that they are receiving “Document failed to print” messages when trying to print to a network printer. What is a likely problem?CorrectIncorrect
7. Question1 pointsA user has not updated an application for over two years and has just updated to the newest release on the workstation. The user notices, however, that the software with the newest release is operating very slowly. The other applications on the workstation are operating normally. What is a possible cause?CorrectIncorrect
8. Question1 pointsA technician adds a new optical drive to a computer but the optical drive is not recognized by the computer. The technician thinks that the BIOS firmware needs to be updated and updates the CMOS. However, the computer fails to start. What is a possible solution?CorrectIncorrect
9. Question1 pointsA computer repeatedly locks without any error message. Which two conditions may be the cause of the problem? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
10. Question1 pointsWhat usually causes the BSOD in the Windows OS?
- CPU overheating a fragmented hard drive insufficient RAM (device driver compatibility errors)
11. Question1 pointsA user reports that WiFi is not working on a laptop. A technician checks the laptop and notices that the wireless networking icon is missing from the notification area of the task bar. The technician tries to turn the wireless switch on the laptop on and off. However, the wireless NIC is still not displayed. What should be done next to troubleshoot this issue?CorrectIncorrect
12. Question1 pointsWhat are two reasons that a workstation would begin to lock up frequently? (Choose two)CorrectIncorrect
13. Question1 pointsA PC is not able to connect to a wired network. Pinging the loopback address is successful, but the gateway cannot be reached. On the network switch all the interface lights are on, except for the interface connected to the PC. The LED on the network card is off. What is the most likely cause of this problem?CorrectIncorrect
14. Question1 pointsUsers in a recently installed wireless network are complaining of slow data transfer and frequent loss of connectivity. The technician checks that the wireless security is correctly implemented, and there is no evidence of unauthorized users on the network. Which two problems might the technician suspect? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
15. Question1 pointsA user can send email to other people in the office successful but is unable to receive any email. What is a possible cause of this issue?CorrectIncorrect
16. Question1 pointsA group of users is unable to connect to the network. When testing several of the PCs and issuing the command ipconfig, the technician notices that all of them have an IP address in the 169.254.x.x range. What is the most likely cause of this problem?CorrectIncorrect
17. Question1 pointsWhich network server is malfunctioning if a user can ping the IP address of a web server but cannot ping the web server host name?CorrectIncorrect
18. Question1 pointsWhat command can a technician use on a computer to see if DNS is functioning properly?CorrectIncorrect
19. Question1 pointsAn administrator deploys wireless access points across the office to provide wireless network connectivity to users. Each workstation receives an IP address via DHCP. After a file server with a static IP is connected to the wired network, the administrator receives an IP address conflict message. What is a possible solution?CorrectIncorrect
20. Question1 pointsA computer displays this message when the computer boots: “MBR has been changed or modified.” What could cause this problem?CorrectIncorrect
21. Question1 pointsA technician is troubleshooting a Windows 7 laptop infected with a virus that has damaged the master boot record. The technician has booted the laptop using the installation media and is attempting to repair the laptop from the command line interface. Which two commands can the technician use to repair the corrupt master boot record? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
22. Question1 pointsA user reports that all of the software applications operate very slowly every day around 9:30 a.m. A couple of hours later, the computer operates normally for the rest of the day. What is the most likely cause?
- The computer is infected with a virus or malware. The computer network is experiencing congestion at those times. (The computer is being scanned by the antivirus software on a specified schedule). The computer is missing a required driver.