CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 11: Build a Small Network: Check your Understanding Answers
1. Why should the IP addressing scheme be carefully planned and documented? (Choose two.)
- Improved network performance
- Easier control of security
- Easier troubleshooting
- Reduction in network traffic
- Elimination of requirement for subnetting
2. What would be considered an example of redundancy in network design? (Choose three.)
- Installation of a switch that functions at both Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Installation of duplicate Layer 3 switches in a company network.
- Installation of a switch with two separate power supplies.
- Keeping a spare router that has already been properly configured.
- Installation of multiple high-speed links to the company server farm.
3. Which type of traffic should be given the highest priority on a network?
- Instant messaging
4. Which planning and design factors would be considered as part of manageability focus when implementing a small network? (Choose two.)
- Types of cable runs
- Prioritization of data traffic
- Upgrades to network devices
- Number of interfaces required
- IP addressing scheme
- Bandwidth requirement
5. What is true of an application layer service?
- Application layer services provide the human interface.
- Application layer services interface with the network and prepare the data for transfer.
- Application layer services include such things as email and web clients.
- Application layer services are dependent on the OS vendor.
6. Which network protocol should a network administrator use to remotely configure a network device?
7. Fill in the blank.
____ allows users of analog phones to take advantage of the IP network.
8. What factors should be taken into account when using a protocol analyzer to determine traffic flow on a network? (Choose two.)
- Always capture the traffic on the same network segment.
- Capture traffic during peak utilization times.
- Capture traffic on different network segments.
- Capture traffic only during off-peak times.
- Capture traffic during both peak and off-peak times.
9. A key network switch has failed because of excessive humidity. What type of physical threat caused the problem?
- Hardware threat
- Environmental threat
- Electrical threat
- Maintenance threat
10. What is a network vulnerability?
- The degree of weakness inherent in a network
- Tools used to launch attacks against a network
- Individuals interested and qualified in taking advantage of security weaknesses
- Ping of death
11. The network administrator set the admin password on a new router to pa55w0rd. The security of the router was later compromised. What type of vulnerability allowed the attack?
12. Making illegal online purchases is what type of security threat?
- Information theft
- Identity theft
- Data loss/manipulation
- Disruption of service
13. What name is given to a program that is disguised as another program to attack a system?
- Trojan horse
14. An attacker runs a ping sweep against a network. What type of attack is this?
- Denial of service
15. What type of attack is a smurf attack?
- Denial of service
16. What is the order of steps recommended to mitigate a worm attack?
- Containment > Inoculation > Quarantine > Treatment
- Containment > Quarantine > Inoculation > Treatment
- Containment > Quarantine > Treatment > Inoculation
- Containment > Treatment > Quarantine > Inoculation
17. With regard to firewall technology, what is stateful packet inspection?
- Incoming packets must be legitimate responses from internal requests.
- The incoming packet must have been initiated from a trusted source.
- The incoming packet must be in an active state before being admitted to the network.
- Only secure traffic (SSH, HTTPS, and FTPS) is permitted through the firewall.
18. Which of the following is an example of a strong password?
- 2#[email protected]%
19. How is “extended ping” entered on a Cisco router?
- Type ping/e and press Enter
- Type ping followed by a destination IP address
- Type ping followed by a source IP address
- Type ping and press Enter
20. What show command can be issued on a Cisco router to view the configuration register value?
- show ip route
- show running-config
- show protocols
- show version
- show cdp neighbors detail