CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 2: Configuring a Network Operating System: Check Your Understanding Answers
1. What is the Cisco IOS?
- The memory for the Cisco network device
- The configuration for the Cisco network device
- The operating system for the Cisco network device
- The CPU for the Cisco network device
2. What type of connection to a Cisco IOS switch is used to make the initial configuration?
- AUX port
- Console port
- Web interface
3. What command will display a list of keywords available for viewing the status of an IOS switch?
- Switch#show ?
- Switch#status ?
4. How is the Cisco IOS generally accessed and navigated?
- Through the CLI using a terminal emulator
- Using a web browser
- With a Cisco-proprietary application
- By the use of a custom GUI
5. What is initially entered at the CLI of the Cisco IOS when typing a command sequence?
- A space
6. When the command “Switch(config)#hostname EASt-2+56” is entered in a Cisco IOS device using the CLI, what will be returned in the CLI?
- % Invalid input detected
- Switch EaSt-2+56(config)#
7. What is the primary defense against unauthorized remote access to network devices?
- Configuring a default gateway
- Configuring an IP address
- Configuring a VTY password
- Configuring a console password
8. Where is the configuration used during startup on Cisco IOS devices located?
- Running config
- Startup config
- Terminal emulator
9. What is the purpose of the following switch configuration?
s1(config)# interface vlan 1 s1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.122.222 255.255.255.0 s1(config-if)# no shutdown s1(config-if)# exit
- Allows communication to manage the switch
- Allows the switch to forward traffic
- Allows the switch to provide name resolution
- Allows dynamic host configuration
10. From the CLI of a switch with an address of 192.168.1.44, what command would be used to verify end-to-end connectivity to another host?
- show ip interface brief
- ping 127.0.0.1
- ping 192.168.1.44
- ping 192.168.1.43