CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 1: Exploring the Network: Check Your Understanding Answers
1. What is a group of web pages that groups of individuals can edit and view together called?
- Weblog (blog)
- Instant messaging
2. Which of the following are disadvantages of peer-to-peer networking? (Choose two.)
- Expensive to set up and maintain
- No centralized administration
- Complex configuration
3. Which devices would be considered end devices on a network? (Choose four.)
- IP phone
- Tablet computer
- Wireless access point
4. What type of information would be found on a logical topology diagram?
- Location of department printer
- Length and type of all cable runs
- IP addressing scheme
- Location of departmental switch
5. What is a network infrastructure that provides access to other networks over a wide geographic area?
6. Which of the following are business-class Internet connection technologies normally supplied by a service provider? (Choose two.)
- Leased lines
- Broadband cable
- Metro Ethernet
- Mobile services
7. Which technology would be best to provide a home user with a high-speed, always-on Internet connection?
8. What is a converged network?
- A network that makes use of both fiber-optic and copper connections.
- A network where voice, video, and data move over the same infrastructure.
- A network that makes use of both wired and wireless technology.
- A network that makes use of both satellite and terrestrial connections to move data.
9. What is a fault-tolerant network?
- A network that can provide priority treatment of voice and video traffic
- A network that offers secure transactions
- A network that can reroute traffic in case of device failure
- A network that is incapable of failing
10. Which type of traffic must receive the highest priority from QoS?
- Web traffic
- Order processing
11. What is true of Tier 3 ISPs?
- They act as local providers of service directly to end users.
- They Connect directly to Tier 1 ISPs.
- They interconnect with other Tier 1 ISPs.
- They provide high-speed redundant services to other ISPs.
12. What are the primary requirements of information security? (Choose three.)
13. List four current network trends.
14. Describe some common everyday uses of a modern-day network.
15. In what ways has the network transformed the way we learn?