CCNA 3 v6.0 (Scaling Networks v6) Chapter 5: Dynamic Routing: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. Which dynamic routing protocol was developed to interconnect different Internet service providers?
2. Which routing protocol is limited to smaller network implementations because it does not accommodate growth for larger networks?
3. What two tasks do dynamic routing protocols perform? (Choose two.)
- Assigning IP addressing
- Discovering hosts
- Doing network discovery
- Propagating host default gateways
- Updating and maintaining routing tables
4. Which two statements are true regarding classless routing protocols? (Choose two.)
- Classless routing protocols reduce the amount of address space available in an organization.
- Classless routing protocols send complete routing table updates to all neighbors.
- Classless routing protocols support VLSM and CIDR.
- Classless routing protocols send subnet mask information in routing updates.
- RIPv1 is a classless routing protocols.
5. In the context of routing protocols, what is convergence time?
- A measure of protocol configuration complexity
- The amount of time a network administrator needs to configure a routing protocol in a small to medium-sized network
- The amount of time for the routing tables to achieve a consistent state after a topology change
- The capability to transport data, video, and voice over the same media
6. Which two events will trigger the sending of a link-state packet by a link-state routing protocol? (Choose two.)
- A change in the topology
- A link to a neighbor router becoming congested
- The initial startup of the routing protocol process
- The requirement to periodically flood link-state packets to all neighbors
- The router update timer expiring
7. Which two requirements are necessary before a router configured with a linkstate routing protocol can build and send its link-state packets? (Choose two.)
- The router has built its link-state database.
- The router has constructed an SPF tree.
- The router has determined the costs associated with its active links.
- The router has established its adjacencies.
- The routing table has been refreshed.
8. Which two statements describe the OSPF routing protocol? (Choose two.)
- It automatically summarizes networks at the classful boundaries.
- It calculates its metric by using bandwidth.
- It has an administrative distance of 120.
- It uses Dijkstra’s algorithm to build the SPF tree.
- It is used primarily as an EGP.
9. How do EIGRP routers establish and maintain neighbor relationships?
- They compare known routes to information received in updates.
- They dynamically learn new routes from neighbors.
- They exchange hello packets with neighboring routers.
- They exchange neighbor tables with directly attached routers.
- They exchange routing tables with directly attached routers.
10. Which OSPF component is identical in all routers in an OSPF area after convergence?
- Adjacency database
- Link-state database
- Routing table
- SPF tree
11. Which of the following is a function of OSPF hello packets?
- To discover neighbors and build adjacencies between them
- To ensure database synchronization between routers
- To request specific link-state records from neighbor routers
- To send specifically requested link-state records
12. Which two parameters does EIGRP use as metrics to select the best path to reach a network? (Choose two.)
- Hop count
13. Which statement describes a route that has been learned dynamically?
- It has an administrative distance of 1.
- It is automatically updated and maintained by routing protocols.
- It is identified by the prefix C in the routing table.
- It is unaffected by changes in the topology of the network.
14. Which two factors are important when deciding which interior gateway routing protocol to use? (Choose two.)
- Campus backbone architecture
- ISP selection
- Speed of convergence
- The autonomous system that is used