CCNA 3 v6.0 (Scaling Networks v6) Chapter 7: EIGRP Tuning and Troubleshooting: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. What is the purpose of a Null0 route in the routing table?
- To act as a gateway of last resort
- To prevent routing loops when summarizing routes
- To prevent the router from sending EIGRP packets
- To redistribute external routes into EIGRP
2. Which administrative distance is used to advertise routes learned from other protocols that are redistributed into EIGRP?
3. Which command would limit the amount of bandwidth that is used by EIGRP for protocol control traffic to approximately 128 Kbps on a 1.544 Mbps link?
- ip bandwidth-percent eigrp 100 8
- maximum-paths 8
- traffic-share balanced
- variance 8
4. By default, how many equal-cost routes to the same destination network will EIGRP install in the routing table?
5. Which EIGRP parameter must match between all routers forming an EIGRP adjacency?
- Administrative distance
- Autonomous system number
- Hello timer
- Hold timer
6. In which scenario will the use of EIGRP automatic summarization cause inconsistent routing in a network?
- When the routers in an IPv4 network are connected to discontiguous networks with automatic summarization enabled
- When the routers in an IPv4 network have mismatching EIGRP AS numbers
- When there is no adjacency that is established between neighboring routers
- When there is no common subnet that exists between neighboring routers
7. Which command can be issued on a router to verify that automatic summarization is enabled?
- show ip eigrp interfaces
- show ip eigrp neighbors
- show ip interface brief
- show ip protocols
8. Which address is used by an IPv6 EIGRP router as the source for hello messages?
- The 32-bit router ID
- The all-EIGRP-routers multicast address
- The interface IPv6 link-local address
- The IPv6 global unicast address that is configured on the interface
9. When will a router that is running EIGRP put a destination network in the active state?
- When the connection to the successor of the destination network fails and there is no feasible successor available
- When the EIGRP domain is converged
- When there is an EIGRP message from the successor of the destination network
- When there is outgoing traffic toward the destination network
10. Which two parameters does EIGRP use by default to calculate the best path? (Choose two.)
- Transmit and receive load
11. A network administrator wants to verify the default delay values for the interfaces on an EIGRP-enabled router. Which command will display these values?
- show interfaces
- show ip protocols
- show ip route
- show running-config
12. An administrator issues the router eigrp 100 command on a router. What is the number 100 used for?
- The autonomous system number
- The length of time this router will wait to hear hello packets from a neighbor
- The maximum bandwidth of the fastest interface on the router
- The number of neighbors supported by this router