1. Which two OSPFv3 LSA types are used to advertise IPv6 unicast address prefixes and prevent the need for SPF calculations every time an address prefix is added or changed on a router interface? (Choose two.)
- LSA type 4 – inter-area router
- LSA type 5 – AS-external
- LSA type 7 – NSSA
- LSA type 8 – link-local LSA
- LSA type 9 – intra-area prefix LSA
2. When configuring OSPFv3 summarization, on which router should summarization be configured?
- DR or BDR
- any OSPFv3 router in the domain
3. What is the result of a router being configured with OSPFv3 for IPv6 when no explicit RID is configured and there are no active IPv4 interfaces?
- The RID is set to 0.0.0.0 and does not allow adjacencies to form.
- The RID is set to the first 32 high order bits of the lowest IPv6 address configured on the router.
- OSPFv3 running IPv6 does not require a RID and IPv6 router adjacencies will form normally.
- A RID will be automatically generated once an adjacency with another OSPFv3 router is formed.
4. The LS Type field in OSPFv3 LSAs has been increased from 8 bits to 16 bits. What is a purpose of two of the high-order bits in this extended field?
- to denote the flooding scope of the LSA
- to carry the ABR RID
- to indicate the address family (IPv4 or IPv6)
- to hold the OSPFv3 area ID
5. Which global configuration command will start OSPFv3 address families routing on a Cisco router?
- router ospfv3 1
- ipv6 router ospf 1
- address-family ipv6 unicast
- ospfv3 1 ipv6 area 0
6. OSPFv3 has three LSA flooding scope types. In addition to area scope what are the other two flooding scopes? (Choose two.)
- autonomous system
- not-so-stubby area
- intra-area prefix
- interarea prefix
7. Which two statements are true when OSPFv3 with address families is used on routers connecting both IPv4 and IPv6 networks? (Choose two.)
- IPv6 is used as the protocol to carry the OSPFv3 messages.
- All connected routers need to have an IPv6 address on the adjacent interfaces.
- IPv4 is used as the protocol to carry the OSPFv3 IPv4 network messages.
- IPv6 addressing is not required on the router that is only advertising OSPFv3 routes for IPv4 networks.
- The OSPFv3 address families feature does not support both IPv4 and IPv6 on the same router.
8. OSPFv3 authentication supports IPsec AH authentication using the ospfv3 authentication command. In which two instances can the authentication configuration be applied? (Choose two.)
- to an interface
- to an entire area
- to individual ABRs
- between routers running OSPFv3 and OSPFv2
- to DR/BDR elections
9. Which LSA type is generated by all OSPFv3 routers to describe the state and cost of interfaces in an area?
- type 1
- type 2
- type 3
- type 4
1o. Which command should a network technician issue on a Cisco router to display status information about OSPFv3 IPv6 address family neighbor routers?
- show ospfv3 ipv6 neighbor
- show ipv6 neighbor
- show ipv6 route
- show ipv6 ospf interface
11. What IPv6 address does an OSPFv3 router use as the source address for OSPFv3 packets exchanged with OSPFv3 neighbors?
- the interface link-local address
- the interface unique global address
- the all IPv6 routers multicast
- the all OSPFv3 routers multicast address
12. What is the IPv6 address used by OSPFv3 non-DR/BDR routers to send link-state updates and link-state acknowledgments?
“Do I Know This Already?” Quiz Answers:
1. What protocol number does OSPFv3 use for its inter-router communication?
2. How many packet types does OSPFv3 use for inter-router communication?
3. What do you need to do to enable OSPFv3 on an interface?
- Place the command network prefix/prefix-length under the OSPF process.
- Place the command network interface-id under the OSPF process.
- Place the command ospfv3 process-id ipv6 area area-id under the interface.
- Nothing. OSPFv3 is enabled on all IPv6 interfaces upon initialization of the OSPF process.
4. True or false: On a brand-new router installation, OSPFv3 requires only an IPv6 linklocal address to be configured and OSPFv3 to be enabled on that interface to form an OSPFv3 neighborship with another router.
5. True or false: OSPFv3 support for IPv4 networks only requires that an IPv4 address be assigned to the interface and that the OSPFv3 process be initialized for IPv4.
6. Which OSPFv3 flooding scope correlates to the links between two routers?
- The link-local scope
- The neighbor scope
- The process scope
- The autonomous system scope