12.3.3 Gateways to Other Networks Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 12 quiz exam answers
1. A computer has to send a packet to a destination host in the same LAN. How will the packet be sent?
- The packet will be sent to the default gateway first, and then, depending on the response from the gateway, it may be sent to the destination host.
- The packet will be sent directly to the destination host.
- The packet will first be sent to the default gateway, and then from the default gateway it will be sent directly to the destination host.
- The packet will be sent only to the default gateway.
2. Typically, which network device would be used to perform NAT for a corporate environment?
- DHCP server
- host device
3. Which characteristic describes the default gateway of a host computer?
- the logical address of the router interface on the same network as the host computer
- the physical address of the switch interface connected to the host computer
- the physical address of the router interface on the same network as the host computer
- the logical address assigned to the switch interface connected to the router
4. What is the purpose of configuring a default gateway address on a host?
- to provide a permanent address to a computer
- to identify the network to which a computer is connected
- to identify the logical address of a networked computer and uniquely identify it to the rest of the network
- to identify the device that allows local network computers to communicate with devices on other networks
5. If the default gateway is configured incorrectly on a host, what is the impact on communications?
- The host is unable to communicate on the local network.
- The host is unable to communicate with hosts on remote networks.
- The host is unable to communicate with hosts on both the local and remote networks.
- The host cannot get an IP address from the DHCP server.
6. Which three IPv4 network addresses are private IP addresses? (Choose three.)
7. What is the purpose of NAT?
- allowing hosts configured with registered public IP addresses to access the internet
- translating private IP addresses to a public registered IP address
- routing private IP addresses over the public internet
- assigning a private IP address to a host for internet access
8. What is the primary advantage of using NAT?
- allows a large group of users to share one or more public IP addresses
- allows a large group of users to share the same private IP address within a LAN
- allows static mapping of public inside addresses to private outside addresses
- allows dynamic mapping of registered inside addresses to private outside addresses
9. Which three settings must be configured on a PC in order for it to communicate with devices located across the internet? (Choose three.)
- IP address
- subnet mask
- default gateway address
- DHCP server address
10. The default configuration on a home wireless router provides which type of addresses to devices using DHCP?
- private IP addresses
- public registered IPv4 addresses
- public registered IPv6 addresses
- vendor-specific MAC addresses
11. Which type of intermediary device acts as a boundary between a home wireless network and the internet?
- Layer 2 switch
- access point
- DNS server
- wireless router