CCNA 2 v6.0 (Routing & Switching Essentials v6) Chapter 8: DHCP: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. Which DHCPv4 message will a client send to accept an IPv4 address that is offered by a DHCP server?
- broadcast DHCPACK
- broadcast DHCPREQUEST
- unicast DHCPACK
- unicast DHCPREQUEST
2. Why is the DHCPREQUEST message sent as a broadcast during the DHCPv4 process?
- For hosts on other subnets to receive the information
- For routers to fill their routing tables with this new information
- To notify other DHCP servers on the subnet that the IP address was leased
- To notify other hosts not to request the same IP address
3. Which address does a DHCPv4 server target when sending a DHCPOFFER message to a client that makes an address request?
- Broadcast MAC address
- Client hardware address
- Client IP address
- Gateway IP address
4. As a DHCPv4 client lease is about to expire, what is the message that the client sends the DHCP server?
5. What is an advantage of configuring a Cisco router as a relay agent?
- It can forward both broadcast and multicast messages on behalf of clients.
- It can provide relay services for multiple UDP services.
- It reduces the response time from a DHCP server.
- It allows DHCPDISCOVER messages to pass without alteration.
6. An administrator issues the ip address dhcp command on interface G0/1. What is the administrator trying to achieve?
- Configuring the router to act as a DHCPv4 server
- Configuring the router to act as a relay agent
- Configuring the router to obtain IP parameters from a DHCPv4 server
- Configuring the router to resolve IP address conflicts
7. Under which two circumstances would a router usually be configured as a DHCPv4 client? (Choose two.)
- The administrator needs the router to act as a relay agent.
- This is an ISP requirement.
- The router has a fixed IP address.
- The router is intended to be used as a SOHO gateway.
- The router is meant to provide IP addresses to the hosts.
8. A host on the 10.10.100.0/24 LAN is not being assigned an IPv4 address by an enterprise DHCP server with the address 10.10.200.10/24. What is the best way for the network engineer to resolve this problem?
- Issue the command default-router 10.10.200.10 at the DHCP configuration prompt on the 10.10.100.0/24 LAN gateway router.
- Issue the command ip helper-address 10.10.100.0 on the router interface that is the 10.10.200.0/24 gateway.
- Issue the command ip helper-address 10.10.200.10 on the router interface that is the 10.10.100.0/24 gateway.
- Issue the command network 10.10.200.0 255.255.255.0 at the DHCP configuration prompt on the 10.10.100.0/24 LAN gateway router.
9. A company uses the SLAAC method to configure IPv6 addresses for the employee workstations. Which address will a client use as its default gateway?
- The all-routers multicast address
- The global unicast address of the router interface that is attached to the network
- The link-local address of the router interface that is attached to the network
- The unique local address of the router interface that is attached to the network
10. A network administrator configures a router to send RA messages with M flag as 0 and O flag as 1. Which statement describes the effect of this configuration when a PC tries to configure its IPv6 address?
- It should contact a DHCPv6 server for all the information that it needs.
- It should contact a DHCPv6 server for the prefix, the prefix-length information, and an interface ID that is both random and unique.
- It should use the information that is contained in the RA message and contact a DHCPv6 server for additional information.
- It should use the information that is contained in the RA message exclusively.
11. A company implements the stateless DHCPv6 method for configuring IPv6 addresses on employee workstations. After a workstation receives messages from multiple DHCPv6 servers to indicate their availability for DHCPv6 service, which message does it send to a server for configuration information?
- DHCPv6 ADVERTISE
- DHCPv6 INFORMATION-REQUEST
- DHCPv6 REQUEST
- DHCPv6 SOLICIT
12. An administrator wants to configure hosts to automatically assign IPv6 addresses to themselves through the use of router advertisement messages, but also to obtain the DNS server address from a DHCPv6 server. Which address assignment method should be configured?
- RA and EUI-64
- Stateful DHCPv6
- Stateless DHCPv6
13. How does an IPv6 client ensure that it has a unique address after it configures its IPv6 address using the SLAAC allocation method?
- It checks with the IPv6 address database that the SLAAC server hosts.
- It contacts the DHCPv6 server via a special formed ICMPv6 message.
- It sends an ARP message with the IPv6 address as the destination IPv6 address.
- It sends an ICMPv6 neighbor solicitation message with the IPv6 address as the target IPv6 address.
14. What is used in the EUI-64 process to create an IPv6 interface ID on an IPv6-enabled interface?
- A randomly generated 64-bit hexadecimal address
- An IPv4 address that is configured on the interface
- An IPv6 address that is provided by a DHCPv6 server
- The MAC address of the IPv6 enabled interface
15. A network administrator is implementing DHCPv6 for the company. The administrator configures a router to send RA messages with M flag as 1 by using the interface command ipv6 nd managed-config-flag. What effect will this configuration have on the operation of the clients?
- Clients must use all configuration information that is provided by a DHCPv6 server.
- Clients must use the information that is contained in RA messages.
- Clients must use the prefix and prefix-length that are provided by a DHCPv6 server and generate a random interface ID.
- Clients must use the prefix and prefix-length that are provided by RA messages and obtain additional information from a DHCPv6 server.