CCNA 3 v6.0 (Scaling Networks v6) Chapter 8: Single-Area OSPF: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. A router is participating in an OSPFv2 domain. What will always happen if the dead interval expires before the router receives a Hello packet from an adjacent DROTHER OSPF router?
- A new dead interval timer of four times the hello interval will start.
- OSPF will remove that neighbor from the router link-state database.
- OSPF will run a new DR/BDR election.
- SPF will run and determine which neighbor router is down.
2. Which three statements describe the similarities between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3? (Choose three.)
- They both are link-state protocols.
- They both have unicast routing enabled by default.
- They both share the concept of multiple areas.
- They both support IPsec for authentication.
- They both use the global address as the source address when sending OSPF messages.
- They both use the same DR/BDR election process.
3. Which OSPF component is identical in all routers in an OSPF area after convergence?
- adjacency database
- link-state database
- routing table
- SPF tree
4. Which three statements describe features of the OSPF topology table? (Choose three.)
- After convergence, the table contains only the lowest-cost route entries for all known networks.
- It is a link-state database that represents the network topology.
- Its contents are the result of running the SPF algorithm.
- The table can be viewed via the show ip ospf database command.
- The topology table contains feasible successor routes.
- When converged, all routers in an area have identical topology tables.
5. Which of the following is used to create the OSPF neighbor table?
- Adjacency database
- Link-state database
- Forwarding database
- Routing table
6. What is a function of OSPF Hello packets?
- to discover neighbors and build adjacencies between them
- to ensure database synchronization between routers
- to request specific link-state records from neighbor routers
- to send specifically requested link-state records
7. Which OSPF packet contains the different types of link-state advertisements?
8. What are the two purposes of an OSPF router ID? (Choose two.)
- To enable the SPF algorithm to determine the lowest-cost path to remote networks
- To facilitate router participation in the election of the designated router
- To facilitate the establishment of network convergence
- To facilitate the transition of the OSPF neighbor state to Full
- To uniquely identify the router within the OSPF domain
9. What is the first criterion used by OSPF routers to elect a DR?
- Highest priority
- Highest IP address
- Highest router ID
- Highest MAC address
10. Which wildcard mask would be used to advertise the 192.168.5.96/27 network as part of an OSPF configuration?
11. What are two factors that will prevent two routers from forming an OSPFv2 adjacency? (Choose two.)
- Mismatched Cisco IOS versions are used
- Mismatched Ethernet interface (for example, Fa0/0 to G0/0)
- Mismatched OSPF hello or dead timers
- Mismatched subnet masks on the link interfaces
- Use of private IP addresses on the link interfaces
12. What command would be used to determine whether a routing protocol–initiated relationship had been made with an adjacent router?
- show ip interface brief
- show ip ospf neighbor
- show ip protocols
13. Which function works differently in OSPFv3 than in OSPFv2?
- Election process
- Hello mechanism
- Metric calculation
- OSPF packet types
14. Which three addresses could be used as the destination address for OSPFv3 messages? (Choose three.)
15. What does a Cisco router use automatically to create link-local addresses on serial interfaces when OSPFv3 is implemented?
- An Ethernet interface MAC address available on the router, the FE80::/10 prefix, and the EUI-64 process
- The FE80::/10 prefix and the EUI-48 process
- The highest MAC address available on the router, the FE80::/10 prefix, and the EUI-48 process
- The MAC address of the serial interface, the FE80::/10 prefix, and the EUI64 process
16. A network administrator enters the command ipv6 router ospf 64 in global configuration mode. What is the result of this command?
- The router is assigned an autonomous system number of 64.
- The router is assigned a router ID of 64.
- The reference bandwidth is set to 64 Mbps.
- The OSPFv3 process is assigned an ID of 64.
17. Single-area OSPFv3 has been enabled on a router via the ipv6 router ospf 20 command. Which command enables this OSPFv3 process on an interface of that router?
- ipv6 ospf 0 area 0
- ipv6 ospf 0 area 20
- ipv6 ospf 20 area 0
- ipv6 ospf 20 area 20
18. Which command verifies that a router that is running OSPFv3 has formed an adjacency with other routers in its OSPF area?
- show ipv6 interface brief
- show ipv6 ospf neighbor
- show ipv6 route ospf
- show running-configuration
19. Which command provides information specific to OSPFv3 routes in the routing table?
- show ip route
- show ip route ospf
- show ipv6 route
- show ipv6 route ospf