1. Which security function is provided by encryption algorithms?
- key management
2. Which type of cryptographic key would be used when connecting to a secure website?
- symmetric keys
- digital signatures
- DES key
- hash keys
3. What do most cryptographic system attacks seek to target?
- user information
- the cryptographic algorithm
- key management
- the actual data packet
4. Which type of attack does the use of HMACs protect against?
- brute force
5. What is a feature of asymmetrical encryption?
- Different keys are used to encrypt and decrypt data.
- It requires fewer computations than symmetric encryption requires.
- Key lengths are short.
- It encrypts bulk data quickly.
6. What is the reason for HMAC to use an additional secret key as input to the hash function?
- to provide integrity verification
- to provide encryption
- to provide authentication
- to prevent DoS attacks
7. What is the purpose of the DH algorithm?
- to support email data confidentiality
- to encrypt data traffic after a VPN is established
- to generate a shared secret between two hosts that have not communicated before
- to provide nonrepudiation support
8. Which statement describes the Software-Optimized Encryption Algorithm (SEAL)?
- SEAL is a stream cipher.
- It is an example of an asymmetric algorithm.
- It uses a 112-bit encryption key.
- It requires more CPU resources than software-based AES does.
9. Which data security component is provided by hashing algorithms?
- key exchange
10. Which two algorithms use a hashing function to ensure message integrity? (Choose two.)
11. Which characteristic of security key management is responsible for making certain that weak cryptographic keys are not used?
- revocation and destruction
12. What is the function of the Diffie-Hellman algorithm within the IPsec framework?
- provides authentication
- allows peers to exchange shared keys
- guarantees message integrity
- provides strong data encryption