Network Support and Security Final Exam Answers
1. Refer to the exhibit. A technician is attempting to map the local network using CDP. According to the output shown, which two statements are true about router Branch01? (Choose two.)
- Router Branch01 is directly connected to port Gi0/1/0 on device BR2.
- Router Branch01 is directly connected to three Cisco switches.
- Router Branch01 is directly connected to another router named DataCenter.
- Router Branch01 port Gi0/0/0 is directly connected to a Layer 2 switch.
- Router Branch01 is directly connected to port Fa0/1 on device BR1.
2. A technician receives a trouble ticket from a user reporting that a website is no longer accessible. What two questions would the technician ask to narrow down the potential problem? (Choose two.)
- Could you access this web site previously from this device?
- What model computer are you using to access this site?
- What operating system is installed on your computer?
- Do you remember your password to this web site?
- Can you access other web sites from this computer browser?
3. Which type of cloud service is a user accessing when using Google Sheets to create a financial report?
4. What security benefit is provided by SSH?
- protection from threat actors deciphering remote access session data.
- protection from viruses and malware for endpoints.
- protection from malicious data reaching servers and clients.
- protection from DoS attacks against routers and Layer 3 switches.
5. A network administrator needs to segment the local area network to isolate traffic from different departments so that network permissions unique to each department can be implemented. Which network topology provides a solution to achieve the objective?
6. Which output of a ping command can determine two important pieces of information? (Choose two.)
- the round-trip time for the request to reach the destination and the response to return
- the IP address of the gateway router that connects the source device to the internet
- the number of domains that the packet travels through from the source to the destination
- which network device is causing delays in delivering the packet to the destination IP address
- whether or not the destination IP address is reachable through the network
7. Which troubleshooting method involves swapping a device suspected of having issues with a known good device to see if the problem is solved?
- educated guess
8. What information can a technician obtain by running the tracert command on a Windows PC?
- the available routes in the PC routing table to reach a destination.
- the available bandwidth between the PC and a destination.
- the verification of Layer 2 connectivity between the PC and a destination.
- layer 3 hops a packet crosses as it travels to a destination.
9. What are the two characteristics of a site-to-site VPN? (Choose two.)
- The client initiates the VPN connection.
- Traffic between clients and the VPN gateway is automatically encrypted.
- A VPN gateway device is needed at both ends of the tunnel.
- The VPN is established between the client PC and a VPN gateway.
- Clients have no awareness of the VPN.
10. What type of connection is used when a teleworker must have secure access to devices and services located on an enterprise network?
11. The IT department of a high school is developing cybersecurity policies. One policy item regulates the blocking of obtaining movies and sounds through peer-to-peer networks on school computers. Which two user threats does this policy address? (Choose two.)
- data theft
- unauthorized downloads and media
- no awareness of security
- poorly enforced security policies
- unauthorized websites
12. A penetration test carried out by an organization identified a backdoor on the network. What action should the organization take to find out if their systems have been compromised?
- Look for policy changes in Event Viewer.
- Look for unauthorized accounts.
- Scan the systems for viruses.
- Look for usernames that do not have passwords.
13. What non-technical method could a cybercriminal use to gather sensitive information from an organization?
- social engineering
14. What type of attack occurs when data goes beyond the memory areas allocated to an application?
- SQL injection
- RAM spoofing
- Buffer overflow
- RAM injection
15. Match the examples of cyber threat to the description.
16. Employees in an organization report that they cannot access the customer database on the main server. Further investigation reveals that the database file is now encrypted. Shortly afterward, the organization receives a threatening email demanding payment for the decryption of the database file. What type of attack has the organization experienced?
- trojan horse
- DoS attack
- man-in-the-middle attack
17. All employees in an organization receive an email stating that their account password will expire immediately and that they should reset their password within five minutes. Which of the following statements best describes this email?
- It is a DDoS attack.
- It is an impersonation attack.
- It is a hoax.
- It is a piggyback attack.
18. Which statement describes an advanced persistent threat (APT)?
- an attack that modifies the operating system through malware and creates a backdoor on the infected system.
- an attack that takes advantage of algorithms in a piece of legitimate software to generate unintended behaviors.
- an attack by threat actors performing unauthorized network probing and port scanning on the targeted network.
- a continuous attack that uses elaborated espionage tactics involving multiple threat actors and sophisticated malware to gain access to the targeted network.
19. Which attack takes control over a user’s mobile device and instructs the device to exfiltrate user-sensitive information and send it to threat actors?
20. What do you call an impersonation attack that takes advantage of a trusted relationship between two systems?
21. Match the type of firewall to the description.
22. What is one of the safeguards according to the third dimension of the cybersecurity cube?
23. Refer to the exhibit. The image shows a firewall filtering network traffic based on information at highlighted OSI model Layers. Which type of firewall is represented?
- Next Generation
- Application Gateway
- Packet filtering (stateless)
24. Match the authentication method to description.
25. To which component of the CIA triad security information principle does tokenization apply?
26. Which statement describes the principle of availability in the CIA information security triad?
- Cryptographic encryption algorithms such as AES may be required to encrypt and decrypt data.
- Data must be protected from unauthorized alteration.
- Only authorized individuals, entities, or processes can access sensitive information.
- Redundant services, gateways, and links must be implemented.
27. Match the host-based security solution to the description.
28. Which Apple security feature ensures that only authentic, digitally-signed software that an Apple-notarized software developer has created is permitted to be installed?
- Security-focused hardware
29. Which is an example of a behavioral characteristic?
- ear features
30. What is the limitation of using a stateful firewall in a network?
- Less information is provided in the logs compared to a packet-filtering firewall.
- No defense against spoofing and DoS attacks.
- Weak packet filtering.
- Difficult to defend against dynamic port negotiation.
31. Which Windows utility would a technician use to discover which user was logged in to the system when a critical problem occurred?
- Event Viewer
- Device Manager
- Task Manager
- Users and Groups MMC
32. Which protocol is used by network management systems to collect data from network devices?
33. Which type of cyber threat would cause electrical power outages?
- human error
- hardware failure
- utility interruption
34. A secretary receives a phone call from someone claiming that their manager is about to give an important presentation but the presentation files are corrupted.
The caller sternly asks that the secretary email the presentation right away to a personal email address. The caller also states that the secretary is being held personally responsible for the success of this presentation.
What type of social engineering tactic is the caller using?
- trusted partners
35. The awareness and identification of vulnerabilities is a critical function of a cybersecurity specialist. Which of the following resources can they use to identify specific details about vulnerabilities?
- ISO/IEC 27000 model
- NIST/NICE framework
- CVE national database
36. Which three security services are part of the concept of administrative access controls?
- data in transit, data at rest, and data in process
- confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- technology, policy and practices, and people
- authentication, authorization, and accounting
37. What is the purpose of using the Windows BitLocker tool?
- to encrypt only memory
- to encrypt only temporary files
- to encrypt the entire hard drive
- to encrypt only folders
38. Which cybersecurity solution should an organization implement to support employees who travel and use public Wi-Fi networks to access corporate information?
- site-to-site VPN
- remote access VPN
- intrusion detection application
39. An administrator wishes to create a security policy document for end-users to protect against known unsafe websites and to warn the user about the dangers and handling of suspicious emails. What type of malware attack is being prevented?
- adware protection
- trusted/untrusted sources verification