1. After a problem is defined, what is the next step in the seven-step troubleshooting process?
- gather information
- analyze information
- propose hypothesis
- eliminate possible causes
2. Which two types of problems are best investigated with a bottom-up troubleshooting method? (Choose two.)
- problems involving an issue not seen before
- problems involving cabling
- problems involving software installed on end systems
- problems involving routing tables
- problems involving subnet addressing
3. Which command will provide information that is useful for mapping a network?
- show CDP neighbors
- show ip interfaces brief
- show running-config
- show inventory
4. Which IEEE WLAN standard supports Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E?
5. What information could be determined from a network baseline?
- the areas in the network that are under utilized
- the layout of the components in the network
- the operational status of network device interfaces
- the number of hops between source and destination devices
6. A network technician troubleshoots a user’s PC problem and launches the Task Manager to gather more information. What information can the technician gather from the Task Manager output?
- the processes currently running on the PC
- the devices configured on the PC
- the errors that have occurred on the PC
- the drivers installed on the PC
7. Which Cisco IOS command is used to determine the path of IP packets through the network?
- show ip route
8. A user reports that the computer occasionally loses connectivity to the wireless network. The technician checks the configuration on the user’s computer and then replaces the wireless access point with a known good one. What structured troubleshooting method is the technician using to solve the problem?
9. Which question enables the technician to determine the scope of a network issue reported by a user?
- Are other users in your area experiencing the same issue?
- Are you seeing any error messages when the problem occurs?
- Is the problem one that you have experienced before?
- Have you added any new applications recently?
10. What is an example of a targeted, closed-ended question?
- What operating system is installed on your computer, Windows, Linux, or macOS?
- What types of error messages did you see when you experienced the issue?
- What steps did you take to attempt to solve the issue before reporting it?
- What can you tell me about how you discovered this issue?
11. Which two platforms use the ifconfig command to verify interface IP configuration? (Choose two.)
- mac OS
12. Which router IOS command displays the equivalent system information as many different show commands and is useful for troubleshooting a router?
- show tech-support
- show version
- show running-config
- show cdp neighbors detail
13. What is the main reason to establish an initial network performance baseline?
- to determine normal traffic volume and behavior on the network
- to eliminate bottlenecks and congestion affecting performance
- to limit the number of devices attached to the network
- to reduce the need to monitor traffic after making network changes
14. Which two wireless network standards operate in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency spectrums? (Choose two.)
15. Which type of network documentation would a technician use to determine the IP addresses and subnets configured in the network?
- logical topology map
- physical topology map
- three-layer design model diagram
- cloud service architecture diagram