CCNA 2 Routing and Switching Essentials v5 Chapter 8: Single-Area OSPF – Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. What will an OSPF router prefer to use first as a router ID?
- Any IP address that is configured using the router-id command
- A loopback interface that is configured with the highest IP address on the router
- The highest active interface IP that is configured on the router
- The highest active interface that participates in the routing process because of a specifically configured network statement
2. At which OSPF state are neighbor routers converged and can exchange routing updates?
3. Which OSPF wildcard mask would be appropriate to use for the given network prefix?
- /30 and 0.0.0.2
- /13 and 0.7.255.255
- /23 and 0.0.2.255
- /18 and 0.0.64.255
4. Which statement is correct about multiarea OSPF?
- OSPF can consolidate a fragmented OSPF area into one large area.
- All routers are in one area called the backbone area (area 0).
- Arranging routers into areas partitions a large autonomous system to lighten the load on routers.
- OSPF multiarea increases the frequency of SPF calculation.
5. A network technician issues the following commands when configuring a router:
R1(config)# router ospf 11 R1(config-router)# network 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
What does the number 11 represent?
- The autonomous system number to which R1 belongs
- The area number where R1 is located
- The cost of the link to R1
- The OSPF process ID on R1
- The administrative distance that is manually assigned to R1
6. The OSPF Hello timer has been set to 15 seconds on a router in a point-to-point network. By default, what is the dead interval on this router?
- 15 seconds
- 30 seconds
- 45 seconds
- 60 seconds
7. A network administrator configures a loopback interface as the OSPF router ID with the IP address of 192.168.1.1/30. What could be the consequence of using this 30-bit mask for the loopback interface?
- Older routers do not recognize the router-id command.
- The interface is not enabled for OSPF.
- OSPF routers must also be configured with a router priority value.
- This loopback interface may be advertised as a reachable network.
8. What are three entries that are displayed by the show ip ospf neighbor command? (Choose three.)
- The route metric and neighbor next-hop address
- The router ID of the neighboring routers
- The OSPF state of each interface
- The OSPF process ID used to establish the adjacency
- The OSPF area number shared by the neighbor routers
- The IP address of the neighbor router interface to which this router is directly connected
9. Which statement describes a difference or similarity between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3?
- OSPFv2 requires the DR/BDR election to occur on multiaccess networks only, whereas OSPv3 requires DR/BDR elections for all network types.
- Both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 use the router configuration network command to advertise networks.
- Both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 use multicast destination addresses for link-state packets.
- OSPFv2 uses a 32-bit router ID and OSPFv3 uses a 128 bit router ID.
10. Refer to the exhibit. With the default metric settings, the OSPF cost for R1 to reach the network 172.16.1.0 is