CCNA 2 Routing and Switching Essentials v5 Chapter 6: Static Routing – Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. Which statement is true concerning configuring static routes using next-hop addresses?
- Routers cannot use more than one static route with a next-hop address.
- When the router identifies that a packet is destined for a route associated with a nexthop address in the routing table, the router requires no further information and can immediately forward the packet.
- Routers configured with the static route using a next-hop address must either have the exit interface listed in the route or have another route with the network of the next hop and an associated exit interface.
- Routes associated with a next-hop address are more efficient than routes going to exit interfaces.
2. Which of the following are three characteristics of a static route? (Choose three.)
- Reduces the memory and processing burdens on a router
- Ensures that there is always a path available
- Used to dynamically find the best path to a destination network
- Used for routers that connect to stub networks
- Used for networks with a single route to a destination network
- Reduces configuration time
3. Which option shows a correctly configured IPv4 default static route?
- ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 S0/0/0
- ip route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 S0/0/0
- ip route 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 S0/0/0
- ip route 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 S0/0/0
4. A network administrator enters the following command into Router1: ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 S0/1/0. Router1 then receives a packet that is destined for 192.168.0.22/24. After finding the recently configured static route in the routing table, what does Router1 do next to process the packet?
- Drops the packet because the destination host is not listed in the routing table
- Looks up the MAC address of the S0/1/0 interface to determine the destination MAC address of the new frame
- Performs a recursive lookup for the IP address of the S0/1/0 interface before forwarding the packet
- Encapsulates the packet into a frame for the WAN link and forwards the packet out the S0/1/0 interface
5. What type of static route is created when the next-hop IP address and exit interface are specified?
- Recursive static route
- Directly connected static route
- Fully specified static route
- Floating static route
6. Why would a summarized static route be configured on a router?
- To reduce the number of public IP addresses required by an organization
- To provide a better route than a particular routing protocol
- To provide a default gateway for a router that connects to an ISP
- To reduce the size of the routing table
- To reduce the size of the routing protocol update to a neighboring router
7. Which subnet mask would be used for a network that has a maximum of 300 devices?
8. Which two conditions must exist in order to summarize IPv6 routes into a single static IPv6 route? (Choose two.)
- The destination networks are contiguous and can be summarized into a single network address.
- The multiple static routes all use different exit-interface or next-hop IPv6 address.
- The destination networks are not contiguous.
- The multiple static routes all use the same exit-interface or next-hop IPv6 address.
- The administrative distance is greater than the administrative distance of another static route or dynamic routes.
9. What command, or set of commands, would be used to determine if the following configuration on router HQ works as designed?
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0/0/0 10 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0/1/0
- HQ# traceroute 220.127.116.11
- HQ# show ip route
- HQ(config)# interface serial 0/1/0
HQ# show ip route
- HQ# ping 18.104.22.168
HQ# ping 22.214.171.124
- HQ# show ip interface brief
10. Which is avalid summary route for networks 192.168.8.0/22, 192.168.12.0/22, and 192.168.16.0/22?