CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 4: Network Access: Check your Understanding Answers
1. What are the purpose and functions of the physical layer in data networks? (Choose two.)
- Controls how the data is transmitted onto the physical media
- Encodes the data into signals
- Provides logical addressing
- Packages bits into data units
- Controls media access
2. Which of these statements regarding UTP network cabling are true? (Choose two.)
- Uses light to transmit data
- Susceptible to EMI and RFI
- Commonly used between buildings
- Most difficult type of networking cable to install
- Most commonly used type of networking cable
3. What is the purpose of cladding in fiber-optic cables?
- Cable grounding
- Noise cancellation
- Prevention of light loss
- EMI protection
4. Identify the wire colors associated with the pins when building a 568B network cable.
Pin 1 ___________________
Pin 2 ___________________
Pin 3 ___________________
Pin 4 ___________________
Pin 5 ___________________
Pin 6 ___________________
Pin 7 ___________________
Pin 8 ___________________
5. What are the advantages of using fiber-optic cable over copper cable? (Choose three.)
- Copper is more expensive.
- Immunity to electromagnetic interference.
- Careful cable handling.
- Longer maximum cable length.
- Efficient electrical current transfer.
- Greater bandwidth potential.
6. What occurs when another wireless device connects to a wireless access point (WAP)?
- The WAP adds an additional channel to support the new client.
- The WAP throughput for all the connected clients decreases.
- The WAP decreases the radio coverage area.
- The WAP will change frequencies to reduce interference caused by the new client.
7. If a node receives a frame and the calculated CRC does not match the CRC in the FCS, what action will the node take?
- Drop the frame
- Reconstruct the frame from the CRC
- Forward the frame as it is to the next host
- Disable the interface on which the frame arrives
8. What are the contents of the data field in a frame?
- A CRC
- The network layer PDU
- The Layer 2 source address
- The length of the frame
9. Which of the following is true about the logical topology of a network?
- Is always multiaccess
- Provides the physical addressing
- Is determined by how the nodes in the network are connected
- Defines how frames are transferred from one node to the next
10. Which of the following is a characteristic of contention-based MAC?
- Used in point-to-point topologies.
- Nodes compete for the use of the medium.
- Leaves MAC to the upper layer.
- Each node has a specific time to use the medium.