CCNA 2 v6.0 (Routing & Switching Essentials v6) Chapter 2: Static Routing: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. What are two advantages of static routing over dynamic routing? (Choose two.)
- Static routing is more secure because it does not advertise over the network.
- Static routing is relatively easy to configure for large networks.
- Static routing requires little knowledge of the network for correct implementation.
- Static routing scales well with expanding networks.
- Static routing uses fewer router resources than dynamic routing.
2. What type of route allows a router to forward packets even though its routing table contains no specific route to the destination network?
- Default route
- Destination route
- Dynamic route
- Generic route
3. Why would a floating static route be configured with an AD that is higher than the AD of a dynamic routing protocol that is running on the same router?
- To act as a gateway of last resort
- To be the priority route in the routing table
- To be used as a backup route
- To load-balance the traffic
4. What is the correct syntax of a floating static route?
- ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0/0/0
- ip route 172.16.0.0 255.248.0.0 10.0.0.1
- ip route 188.8.131.52 255.255.255.248 serial 0/0/0
- ip route 184.108.40.206 255.255.255.248 10.0.0.1 120
5. Which type of static route that is configured on a router uses only the exit interface?
- Default static route
- Directly connected static route
- Fully specified static route
- Recursive static route
6. The network administrator configures the router with the ip route 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.2.2 command. How will this route appear in the routing table?
- C 172.16.1.0 [1/0] via 172.16.2.2
- C 172.16.1.0 is directly connected, Serial0/0
- S 172.16.1.0 [1/0] via 172.16.2.2
- S 172.16.1.0 is directly connected, Serial0/0
7. What two pieces of information are needed in a fully specified static route to eliminate recursive lookups? (Choose two.)
- The AD for the destination network
- The interface ID exit interface
- The interface ID of the next-hop neighbor
- The IP address of the exit interface
- The IP address of the next-hop neighbor
8. Assume the administrator has entered the ip route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.2 5 command. How would an administrator test this configuration?
- Delete the default gateway route on the router.
- Manually shut down the router interface used as a primary route.
- Ping any valid address on the 192.168.10.0/24 network.
- Ping from the 192.168.10.0 network to the 10.10.10.2 address.
9. Which three IOS troubleshooting commands can help to isolate problems with a static route? (Choose three.)
- show arp
- show ip interface brief
- show ip route
- show version
10. What happens to a static route entry in a routing table when the outgoing interface associated with that route goes into the down state?
- The router automatically redirects the static route to use another interface.
- The router polls neighbors for a replacement route.
- The static route is removed from the routing table.
- The static route remains in the table because it was defined as static.