Assessment ERouting Practice Final – CCNA 2 Exploration: Routing Protocols and Concepts (Version 4.0)
1. Refer to exhibit. The network is using the RIPv2 routing protocol. If network 10.0.0.0 goes down, what mechanism will prevent Router1 from advertisting false routing information back to Router2?
- triggered updates
- poison reverse
- holddown timers
- split horizon
2. Refer to exhibit. All routers are advertised and fully operational on all routers. Which statement is true about the path that the data will take from router A to router B?
- if EIGRP is used with default configuration, the data will be equally distributed between two paths – A, D, B and A, C, B
- if RIPv1 is used with default configuration, the data will be load-balanced on all paths
- if EIGRP and OSPF are both used with default configuration, the data will be sent through paths learned by the OSPF protocol
- if RIPv2 is used with default configuration, the data will be equally distributed between two paths – A, D, B and A, C, D
3. Refer to exhibit. Based on the output from the show running-config and debug ip rip commands, what are two of the routes that are added to the routing table of R1? (choose two)
- R 192.168.1.0/24[120/1] via 172.16.2.1, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/1
- R 192.168.1.00/24[120/1] via 172.16.1.1, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/0
- S 192.168.1.0/24[1/0] via FastEthernet0/0
- R 192.168.2.0/24[120/1] via 172.16.1.2, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/0
4. Refer to the exhibit. What summarization should R2 use to advertise its LAN networks to R1?
5. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator is planning IP addressing of a new network. What part of this addressing scheme must be changed to allow communication between hostA and the server?
- the IP address of the server
- the default gateway of host A
- the IP address of host A
- the default gateway of the server
6. Refer to the exhibit. Two routers are unable to establish an adjacency. What is possible cause for this?
- the two routers are connected on a multiaccess network
- the hello and dead intervals are different on the two routers
- they have different OSPF router IDs
- they have different process IDs
7. What are two functions of a router? (choose two)
- it connects multiple IP networks
- it control the flow of data via the use of Layer 2 addresses
- it determines the best path to send packets
- it manages the VLAN database
- it increases the size of the broadcast domain
8. Refer to the exhibit. A network designer is testing a prototype of WAN connection. All of the routers in the exhibit are configured for OSPF routing. The design requires that the path between routers A and D through ISP-A is the primary and the path through ISP-B serves as a backup. The designer notice that router A has two equal-cost paths to the LAN on router D. How can the designer correct this problem?
- issue a clock rate 2000000 interface command on S0/0/1 of router ISP-B
- change the default OSPF reference bandwidth on router A
- configure two static routes with administrative distance of 10
- use the bandwidth command to change the default bandwidth on the link to router ISP-B
9. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is having problems accessing server A. All routers have the same EIGRP configuration as router RTR-A. What should be done so that host A can access server A?
- add the command no auto-summary on all routers
- change the network statements to include a wildcard mask
- adjust the EIGRP hello timers to account for the network delay
- add the command eigrp log-neighbor-chances on all routers
10. Refer to the exhibit. The routers are properly configured using a dynamic routing protocol with default settings, and the network is fully converged. Router A is forwarding data to router E. Which statement is true about the routing path?
- if the network use the RIP protocol, router A will determine that all the paths have equal cost
- if the network use the RIP protocol, router A will update only the A-C-E path in its routing table
- if the network use the EIGRP protocol, router A will determine that path A-D-E has the lowest cost
- if both RIP and EIGRP protocols are configured on router A, the router will use the route information that is learned by the RIP routing protocol
11. A sniffer program has captured a packet with a destination IP address of 126.96.36.199. Which protocol uses IP address?
12. Refer to the exhibit. The show cdp neighbors command was run at R1. Which two facts about the newly detected device can be determined from the output? (choose two)
- ABCD is a router that is connected to R1
- ABCD is non-CISCO device that is connected to R1
- the device is connected at the Serial0/0/1 interface of R1
- R1 is connected at the S0/0/1 interface of device ABCD
- ABCD does not support switching capability
13. A router has learned about a network through static and dynamic routing processes. Which route will be used to reach network 192.168.168.0?
- D 192.168.168.0/24[90/2195456] via 192.168.200.1, 00:00:09, Ethernet0
- O 192.168.168.0/24[90/1012] via 192.168.200.1, 00:00:22, Ethernet0
- R 192.168.168.0/24[120/1] via 192.168.200.1, 00:00:17, Ethernet0
- S 192.168.168.0/24[1/0] via 192.168.200.1
14. Refer to the exhibit. To implement the RIPv2 protocol, the network administrator runs the command as displayed. However, the show ip protocols command fails to display any output. How can the administrator solve the problem that is indicated by the lack of output from this command?
- include the default-information originate command
- include the auto-summary command
- specify the network for which RIP routing has to be enabled
- implement RIPv2 authentication in the network
15. What is one function of the bootstrap program during the router boot process?
- loading Cisco IOS software
- testing the router hardware
- verifying the size of available RAM and flash
- executing the commands in the configuration file
16. What is the advantage of configuring a static route with an exit interface instead of a next-hop address?
- the router will perform a recursive lookup
- this router will automatically be used as the gateway of last resort
- the next interface configuration consumes less router processing time
- the exit interface configuration has an administrative distance value of 1
17. Refer to the exhibit. What destination address will RTB use to advertise LSAs?
18. Refer to the exhibit. What happens to a packet that has 172.16.0.0/16 as the best match in the routing table that is shown?
- the packet is discarded
- the packet is flooded out all interfaces
- the packet is forwarded via Serial 0/0/0
- the packet is forwarded via Fast Ethernet 0/0
19. Refer to the exhibit. R2 is configured correctly. The network administrator has configured R1 as shown. Which two facts are true about the forwarding of route information by R1? (choose two)
- R1 will forward the route information for subnet 192.168.100.0/30
- R1 will not forward the route information for subnet 192.168.100.4/30
- R1 will forward the route information with an administrative distance set to 50
- R1 will forward the summarized route information for network 192.168.100.0/24
- R1 will forward the route information for subnet 10.10.10.0/30 out the serial interface
20. A network is configured with the IP, IPX and Apple Talk protocols. Which routing protocol is recommended for this network?
21. Refer to the exhibit. What information can be determined from the displayed output?
- EIGRP packets are waiting to be sent to the neighbors
- the adjacencies between the routers are yet to be established
- the IP address 192.168.10.10 is configured at serial interface S0/0/1 of router R2
- router R2 is receiving hello packets from neighbor with the IP address 192.168.10.10 via the R2 S0/0/1 interface
22. Refer to the exhibit. What needs to be done to allow these two routers to connect successfully?
- add a clock rate to S 0/0/0 on R1
- add an interface description to S 0/0/1 on R2
- change the serial interface on R2 to S 0/0/0 so that is matches R1
- change the IP address of S0/0/1 on R2 so that it is the same subnet as R1
23. Refer to the exhibit. All routers are running RIPv1. The two networks 10.1.1.0/29 and 10.1.1.16/29 are unable to access ech other. What can be the cause of this problem?
- because RIPV1 is a classless protocol, it does not support this access
- RIPv1 does not support discontiguous networks
- RIPv1 does not support load balancing
- RIPv1 does not support automatic summarization
24. Refer to the exhibit. A network technician notes that there are missing EIGRP routes in the routing tables on each router in this network. Based on the exhibited output, what caused these missing routes?
- the holdtime values are mismatched
- the autonomous system number are mismatched
- the interface on the link between RouterC and RouterD are shut down
- an EIGRP neighbor relationship has not been established between Router A and RouterB
25. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has configured R1 as shown, and all interfaces are functioning correctly. Aping from R1 to 172.16.1.1 fails. What could be the cause of this problem?
- the serial interface on R1 is configured incorrectly
- the default route is configured incorrectly
- the default-information originate command must be issued on R1
- autosummarization must be disabled on R1
26. Refer to the exhibit. R1 and R2 are unable to establish an adjacency. What two configuration changes will correct the problem? (choose two)
- set lower priority on R2
- configure the routers in the same area
- set a lower cost on R2 compared to R1
- add a backup designed router to the network
- match hello and dead timers on both routers
27. Refer to the exhibit. How many routes are child routes?
28. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has run the show interface command. The output of this command is displayed. What is the first step that is required to make this interface operational?
- switch the cable with a know working cable
- issue the no shutdown command on the interface
- configure the interface as a loopback interface
- set the encapsulation for the interface
29. Using default settings, what is the next step in the router boot sequence after the IOS loads from flash?
- perform the POST routine
- search for a backup IOS in ROM
- load the running-config file from RAM
- locate and load the startup-config file from NVRAM
30. Refer to the exhibit. R1 knows two routes, Path A and Path b, to the Ethernet network attached to R3. R1 learned Path A to network 10.2.0.0/16 from static route and Path B to network 10.2.0.0/16 from EIGRP. Which route will R1 install in its routing table?
- both routes are installed and load balancing occurs both paths
- the route via Path B is installed because EIGRP route has the best metric to network 10.2.0.0/16
- the route via Path A is installed because the static route has the best metric to network 10.2.0.0/16
- the route via Path B is installed because EIGRP route has the lowest administrative distance to network 10.2.0.0/16
- the route via Path A is installed because the static route has the lowest administrative distance to network 10.2.0.0/16
31. Refer to the exhibit. What information can be determined from the highlighted output?
- R1 is originating the route 172.30.200.32/28
- automatic summarization is disabled
- the 172.30.200.16/28 network is one hop away from R1
- a classful routing protocol is being used
32. Refer to the exhibit. A new PC was deployed in the Sales network. It was given the host address 192.168.10.31 with a default gateway of 192.168.10.17. The PC is not communicating with the network properly. What is the cause?
- the default gateway is incorrect
- the address is in the wrong subnet
- the host address and default gateway are swapped
- 188.8.131.52 is the broadcast address for this subnet
33. Refer to the exhibit. A ping between host A and host B is successful, but pings from host A to operational hosts on the Internet fail. What is the reason for this problem?
- the Fast Ethernet interface of R1 is disabled
- one of the default routes is configured incorrectly
- a routing protocol in not configured on both routers
- the default gateway has not been configured on host A
34. A network administrator needs to assign the very last usable IP address in the 172.24.64.0/18 network range to the router interface that serves this LAN. Which IP address should the administrator configure on the interface?
35. Which phase of the router process involves running diagnostics on the hardware components from ROM?
- performing the POST
- loading the bootstrap program
- locating and loading the Cisco IOS software
- locating and loading the startup configuration file
36. Refer to the exhibit. Router R2 is configured properly and all interfaces are functional. Router R1 has been installed recently. Host A is unable to ping host B. Which procedure can resolve this problem?
- configure a static route on R1 using the IP address of the serial interface on R1
- configure a default route on R1 with the exit interface Fa0/0 on R1
- configure static route on R1 using IP address of S0/0/0 on R2
- configure a default route on R1 using the IP address of Fa0/0 on R2
37. Refer to the exhibit. The IP addresses on all interfaces on router R1 were configured before the OSPF protocol had been enabled on the router. No OSPF router ID was manually configured. Which IP address will be selected by the router as an OSPF router ID?
38. Which two situation required the use of a link-state protocol? (choose two)
- fast convergence of the network is critical
- the network is very large
- the network administrator has limited knowledge to configure and troubleshoot routing protocols
- the network is a flat network
- that capacity of the router is low
39. Refer to the exhibit. The network has three connected routers : R1, R2 and R3. The routers are displayed. All routers are operational and pings are not blocked on this network. Which ping will fail?
- from R1 to 172.16.1.1
- from R1 to 192.168.3.1
- from R2to 192.168.1.1
- from R2 to 192.168.3.1
40. What is the function of the OSPF LSR packet?
- it is used to confirm the receipt of LSUs
- it is used to established and maintain adjacency with other OSOF routers
- it is used by receiving routes to request more information about entry in the DBD
- is is used to check the database synchronization between routers
41. Refer to the exibith. A network administrator has configured OSPF using the following command:
network 192.168.1.32 0.0.0.31 area 0
Which router interface will participate in OSPF?
- FastEthernet 0/0
- FastEthernet 0/1
- Serial 0/0/0
- Serial 0/0/1
42. Refer to the exhibit. R1 and R2 are adjacent routers both running RIP. All interfaces on both routers are correctly configured and operational. Both routers are configured to include all connected interfaces in routing updates. R2 is not showing any routes from R1 in the routing table. What is the likely cause?
- the adjacent interface are passive
- the distance of 120 exceeds 15 hops
- R2 will not accept version 1 updates from R1
- routes are being summarized by R1 but not by R2
43. Refer to the exhibit. What is the meaning of the highlighted value 2?
- it is the administrative distance of the routing protocol
- it is the number of hops between R2 and the 192.168.8.0/24 network
- it is the value used by the DUAL algorithm to determine the bandwidth for the link
- it is the convergence time measured in secounds
44. A router has EIGRP configured as the only routing protocol. In what way might EIGRP respond if there is no feasible successor route to a destination network and the successor route fails?
- it broadcast hello packets to all routers in the networks to re-establish neighbor adjacencies
- it sends queries to adjacent neighbors until a new successor route is found
- it immediately sends its entire routing table to its neighbors
- it will set the metric for the failed route to infinity
45. A network technician must reduce the amount of broadcast traffic on the network while maintaining full connectivity between all different network segments. Which device should administrator deploy?
- Layer 2 switch
- multiport repeater
46. Which port should a terminal emulator be connected to in order to access a router without network connectivity?
47. Refert to the exhibit. The network administrator issue the command no ip classless on Router1. What forwarding action will take place on a packet that is received by Router 1 and is destined for host 192.168.0.26?
- the packet will be dropped
- the packet will be forwarded to the gateway of last resort
- the packet will match the 192.168.0.0 network and be forwarded out Serian 0/0
- the packet will most closely match the 192.168.0.8 subnet and be forwarded out Serial 0/1
48. The network shown in the diagram is having problems routing traffic. It is suspected that the problem is with the addressing scheme. What is the problem with the addressing used in the topology?
- the address assigned to the Ethernet 0 interface of Router1 is a broadcast address for that subnetwork
- the subnetwork configured on the serial link between Router1 and Router2 overlaps with the subnetwork assigned to Ethernet 0 of Router3
- the subnetwork assigned to the Serian 0 interface of Router1 is on a different subnetwork from the address for Serial 0 of Router2
- the subnetwork assigned to Ethernet 0 of Router2 overlaps with the subnetwork assigned to Ethernet 0 of Router 3
49. What are two advantage of using a loopback interface on a router with OSPF enabled? (choose two)
- a loopback interface has a much lower OSPF cost value by default
- a loopback interface provides a stable ID because the loopback interface cannot be shutdown
- a network administrator has more control over DR/BDR election by using a loopback interface over a physical interface
- a loopback interface can be configured with higher bandwidth value that can a physical interface
- a loopback interface address overrides any physical interface address or configured router-id value
50. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R3 use different routing protocols with default administrative distance values. All devices are properly configured and the destination network is advertised by both protocols. Which path will be used to transmit the data packet between PC1 and PC2?
- the packet will travel via R2-R1
- the packet will travel via R2-R3
- the packet will be load -balanced between two paths – via R2-R1 and via R2-R3
- the packet will travel via R2-R3, and the other path via R2-R1 will be retained as the backup path.