1. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
2. Which three PC desktop functions are typically provided on the front panel and must be connected to the motherboard? (Choose three.)
- PC power button
- CPU temperature indicator
- audio power button
- network activity light
- drive activity light
- USB connectors
3. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
4. What wireless networking standard has a range of 250 meters (820 feet)?
5. A customer asks for a solution to a printer problem that is beyond the knowledge level of the technician. What should the technician do?
- Gather as much informatio n as possible and escalate the problem.
- Ask the customer to call again when another technician can provide a solution to the problem.
- Tell the customer to call the printer manufacturer to fix the problem.
- Try to fix the problem anyway.
6. What is the expected behavior of an ADSL service?
- The download and upload rates are the same.
- The upload rate is faster than the download rate.
- The user can select the upload and download rates based on need.
- The download rate is faster than the upload rate.
7. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
8. A technician attempts to increase the brightness of a laptop screen by using the function keys but the attempt fails. What could be the problem?
- The LCD screen has failed.
- The video display driver is corrupt.
- The inverter has failed.
- The laptop battery is bad.
9. A user is reporting that an inkjet printer is printing colors different from what the printer should be printing. The printer has separate cartridges for each color and the user changed the cyan cartridge recently. What is the action that could fix the problem?
- Use a different type of paper.
- Purchase a maintenance kit.
- Check for loose printer cables.
- Perform a printer head cleaning.
10. Which two statements are correct about the inverter and backlight display components in a laptop? (Choose two.)
- LED monitors require the use of an inverter.
- DC power is required by the backlight in some types of screens.
- The inverter converts DC power to AC power.
- The inverter converts AC power to DC power.
- AC power is required by the backlight in some types of screens.
11. A technician is required to replace a faulty power supply in a desktop PC. The PC motherboard has a 24-pin ATX socket but the only available replacement power supply is one with a 20-pin connector. Delivery of new power supplies with 24-pin connectors is not expected until the next day, but the user requires the PC to be operational as soon as possible. What can the technician do in these circumstances?
- The technician can install the power supply and insert the 20-pin connector into the 24-pin socket on the motherboard.
- The technician can recover the 24-pin connector from the faulty power supply and attach it to the replacement power supply for connection to the motherboard.
- The technician can use a 20-pin-to-24-pin adaptor to connect the power supply to the motherboard.
- Power supplies with 20-pin connectors are not compatible with motherboards with 24-pin sockets, so the technician can do nothing until the new power supplies arrive.
12. A computer technician has recommended a data storage system that combines data striping and parity. The user has a limited budget and is prepared to forego performance to implement this system. Which RAID system would meet these requirements?
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 0+1
13. A technician is troubleshooting a PC unable to connect to the network. What command should be issued to check the IP address of the device?
14. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
15. Which feature will assign a computer an IP address even if there is no working DHCP server in the network?
16. Which two motherboard components connect to the Northbridge chipset? (Choose two.)
- USB 3.0 devices
- video card
- USB 2.0 devices
- FireWire devices
17. What are the two widths of internal hard drives in laptops? (Choose two.)
- 3.5 inches
- 5.25 inches
- 1.8 inches
- 2.5 inches
- 3.8 inches
18. A user has a computer with a single hard drive and a RAID adapter installed. Which additional component is necessary to complete the RAID installation?
- a DVD drive
- one or more additional hard drives
- a USB connection
- a floppy disk drive
19. What are two examples of component information that can usually be displayed when using the BIOS utility of a computer? (Choose two.)
- power LED status
- motherboard form factor
- RAM capacity
- CPU manufacturer and speed
- POST results
20. A user has just upgraded a gaming system with 8GB of DDR3 800 MHz RAM and still finds that the system lags during gameplay. The system has a high end graphics card, liquid cooling, and a 7,200 rpm EIDE drive. What can the user do to improve system performance?
- Add two more case fans.
- Replace the EIDE drive with an SSD.
- Replace the liquid cooling system with a high speed ball bearing fan cooling system.
- Change the voltage setting for the RAM.
21. A PC has one floppy drive, two EIDE drives, and one EIDE DVD drive. Which two connector types would have to exist on the power supply unit to power on all these devices? (Choose two.)
22. A user wants to purchase a monitor that will be light, consume the least amount of power, and provide deep dark levels in the display. Which display type would best meet these requirements?
23. A user has connected a USB 3.0 device to a computer using a 3 ft (1m) USB 3.0 cable. However, instead of an expected data transfer rate of up to 5 Gb/s, the user notes a data transfer rate of no more than 450 Mb/s. What is the most probable reason for this lower than expected data transfer rate?
- The cable used exceeds the maximum length that allows USB 3.0 to transfer data at 5Gb/s.
- The USB 3.0 cable is faulty.
- The device was connected to a USB 1.1 port on the computer.
- The device was connected to a USB 2.0 port on the computer.
24. What is a characteristic of DDR SDRAM?
- DDR SDRAM modules have double the number of pins of SDRAM memory modules.
- It operates at double the voltage of SDRAM memory.
- It is dynamic memory whereas SDRAM is static memory.
- It transfers data twice per clock cycle compared to once per clock cycle for SDRAM.
25. Where is the integrated Wi-Fi antenna typically located in a laptop?
- on the system board
- on the keyboard
- integrated into the wireless card
- above the screen
26. Because of limited space on a laptop keyboard, some keys have a dual-purpose. What are these keys called?
- special purpose keys
- function keys
- alternate keys
- control keys
27. Which setting must be turned on in order to share a printer in Windows 7?
- Windows Firewall
- File and Printer Sharing
- Share this Printer
28. A technician working on a computer discovers what is suspected to be illegal activity. Which three pieces of information should be immediately documented? (Choose three.)
- evidence of the suspected illegal activity
- location of the computer
- details of all past users of the computer
- technical specifications of the computer
- duration of the suspected illegal activity
- why the computer was accessed by the technician
29. Which two PC settings can be configured using the BIOS setup utility? (Choose two.)
- allocation of memory to applications
- boot sequence
- enabling device drivers
- virtualization support
30. A technician wants to allow many computers to print to the same printer, but does not want to affect the performance of the computers. What will the technician do to achieve this?
- Install a second printer.
- Use a software print server.
- Use a computer-shared printer.
- Use a hardware print server.
31. What memory type is also known as PC3-10600?
32. Which protocol automates assignment of IP addresses on a network, and which port number does it use? (Choose two.)
33. Which two motherboard components are directly managed by the Southbridge chipset? (Choose two.)
- video card
- USB 3.0 devices
- FireWire devices
34. Which laptop component is required to be replaced or upgraded by a technician rather than by a computer user?
- hard drive
35. Which two field replaceable units could be found in a laser printer maintenance kit? (Choose two.)
- fuser assembly
- toner cartridge
- pickup rollers
- paper trays
- power supply
36. What is a feature that can be used by an administrator to prevent unauthorized users from connecting to a wireless access point?
- MAC filtering
- software firewall
- WPA encryption
- proxy server
37. What technology is an IP based 4G broadband technology that offers high speed Internet access for distances up to 30 miles (48 km)?
- fiber broadband
38. Which design specification criterion is most important when designing a computer that will be a thin client whose applications are accessed from a remote virtual server?
- number of processor cores
- amount of RAM
- amount of local hard drive storage
- speed of network card
39. Which adapter would a technician install in a desktop computer to enable a video signal to be recorded from a video recorder to the computer hard drive?
- video adapter
- video capture card
- TV tuner card
- network interface card
40. A support desk technician is dealing with an angry customer. Which two approaches should the technician take in dealing with the customer? (Choose two.)
- Immediately transfer the customer to a higher level technician.
- Ask socially related questions to direct the customer away from the problem.
- Work to redirect the conversation to solving the problem.
- Reply to the customer with the same level of anger.
- Let the customer explain the problem without interrupting.
41. Which type of network consists of several geographically dispersed networks that cover a large area?
42. Which three components would a technician use in building a CAD workstation? (Choose three.)
- multicore processors
- Windows 7 Home edition
- TV Tuner card
- maximum RAM
- high-end sound card
- specialized graphics card
43. How should a technician dispose of an empty inkjet printer cartridge?
- Follow local regulations for disposal.
- Give it back to the customer.
- Refill it.
- Throw it away.
44. Which display type uses the most power?
45. What are plenum rated cables used for?
- for cables that are used between buildings
- for cables that are used to connect workstations to wall sockets
- for cables that are installed inside the floors and ceilings of buildings
- for cables that are used to connect computers back-to-back
46. A technician opens up a PC to work on it, and finds that it is very dusty inside. What should the technician do?
- Use a can of compressed air to remove excess dust.
- Use a moistened cotton swab to remove excess dust.
- Use a lint-free cloth sprayed with a cleaning solution to remove excess dust.
- Ignore the dust, as it does not affect the computer.
47. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
48. A technician is building a workstation that will be used for virtualization. Which two components would the technician use? (Choose two.)
- dual monitors
- multicore processors
- liquid cooling
- high-end graphics card
- maximum amount of RAM
49. A technician is troubleshooting a PC in a workplace environment and finds many pirated movies on the hard drive. What should the technician do?
- Make a copy of all the pirated content and send it to the law enforcement authorities.
- Remove the pirated content and document all work done.
- Report the findings through the proper channels.
- Advise the user that downloading pirated content is illegal and that the user should refrain from doing so.
50. Which two adapter card slots are used by video adapter cards installed in desktop PCs? (Choose two.)
51. Which device provides a consistent quality of power when brownouts and blackouts occur, and may enable a computer to safely shut down after saving data when a power outage occurs?
- EMI shield
- uninterruptible power supply
- surge suppressor
52. Which two hardware features would a technician monitor within the BIOS if a computer was suspected of overheating? (Choose two.)
- motherboard voltage
- Trusted Platform Module
- hard drive speed
- CPU fan speed
- CPU clock speed
53. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
54. Why should a technician avoid opening the casing of a power supply?
- Only the power supply manufacturer can open the casing of a power supply.
- Hazardous levels of electricity may be present inside the power supply.
- Power supplies must always be replaced, not repaired.
- Power supplies are very fragile, expensive, and easy to damage.
55. Which three features can be configured in the BIOS settings to secure a computer? (Choose three.)
- file encryption
- TKIP key
- drive encryption
- MAC filtering
56. What process takes place in a laser printer after the drum is conditioned for the new latent image?
57. Which two items are expansion options for a laptop? (Choose two.)
- PCI Card
- PCI-e Card
- ISA Card
- PC Card
58. Which security mode supports robust encryption, and can be enabled with password authentication (personal) or server authentication (enterprise)?
59. A technician is configuring a PC for maximum performance and the highest level of data protection. Which RAID configuration would the technician use?
60. A technician is performing a memory upgrade. What would be the result of attempting to install a DDR2-800 module in a computer that already has a DDR2-667 module installed?
- The computer will run at the slower memory speed.
- The module will not fit.
- It will be necessary to configure the BIOS to recognize the different memory speeds.
- The computer will not boot.
61. Which type of storage would be best in a tablet computer that belongs to a small child?
62. A user needs to connect a cable to the PC to deliver digital video signals only. Which type of cable should be used?
63. Which two types of connector are used for fiber optic cable? (Choose two.)
64. Which solid-state storage technology allows a computer BIOS to be upgraded by flashing?
65. Which topology type describes the process that hosts use to access and communicate on a network?
66. Which resolution would provide the best visual quality on a plasma monitor?
67. This is a flash item. Please click below to answer this item.
68. Which three connection technologies allow a user to connect a printer to a computer using a wired connection? (Choose three.)
69. A customer who travels frequently wants to know which technology is the most suitable for being connected to the corporate network at all times at low cost. Which network technology would a network administrator recommend?
70. A user is configuring a wireless access point and wants to prevent any neighbors from discovering the network. What action does the user need to take?
- Configure DMZ settings.
- Enable WPA encryption.
- Disable SSID broadcast.
- Configure a DNS server.
71. A technician is building a thick client workstation that would be used to run a database and wants to ensure the best protection against errors. What type of memory would be best suited for this?
72. In which situation would it be appropriate for a technician to back up personal and confidential data from a computer belonging to a customer?
- if the customer permits it
- if the technician feels it necessary to back it up
- if the customer forgets to sign the work order
- if illegal content is discovered on the customer computer
73. On a laptop keyboard, which three functions can typically be accessed through the use of special function keys? (Choose three.)
- wireless functionality
- display brightness
- Task Manager
- Control Panels
- Windows Start menu
- volume settings
74. Which device converts digital signals to analog signals and vice versa?
75. Which fire protection system would be best for a university computer/electronics lab?
- a nonwater based fire extinguisher
- fire suppressing hazmat blankets and supressors
- an overhead sprinkler system
- an electronic ion spreader
76. What is the first step a technician should take when preparing to work on the inside of a computer?
- Disconnect the computer from power.
- Remove the power supply.
- Remove external devices such as a mouse.
- Disconnect the computer from the network.
77. What is an advantage of using a printer that is connected to a hardware print server compared with a computer-shared printer?
- A hardware print server is always available to all users.
- A hardware print server will have more memory to store the print job than a computer will have that shares a printer.
- A computer that shares a printer always prioritizes the printing tasks.
- A computer that shares a printer always allows for faster printing of documents.
78. Which connector would be used for a laptop external hard drive?
79. A technician is setting up a network in a new room. What is the best device to use to connect the PCs to each other and to the rest of the LAN?
80. A user is connecting a home entertainment system and wants to use one cable to carry all the digital video and audio signals from the source device to the LCD TV. What type of cable should the user use?
81. Which RAID level allows for extension of a dynamic volume without any redundancy?
82. What type of printer requires the ribbon to be changed when producing faded and light characters?