3.3.3 Packet Tracer – Deploy Devices Answers
Answers Note: Red font color or gray highlights indicate text that appears in the Answers copy only.
In this activity, you will deploy multiple devices.
- Latest version of Packet Tracer
A list of device labels is visible in the workspace, we will use various methods to deploy the listed devices.
Note: If you require more help with Packet Tracer, navigate to Help > Contents within Packet Tracer.
Part 1: Deploying the Devices
1. Locate the 2911 router in the Device-Specific Selection Box.
2. Using your mouse, drag and drop the 2911 router above the Router0 label in the workspace.
3. Another way to deploy a device is to click the desired device and then click the desired location on the workspace. Click the 1941 router in the Device-Specific Selection Box and then click the space above the label Router1 in the workspace.
4. Use either of the methods to put a 4331 router on the workspace over the Router2 label.
Part 2: Deploying the Same Type of Devices Multiple Times
If you want to put multiple devices of the same type onto the workspace, the clicking and dragging can become very tedious. To avoid this, you can hold down the <CTRL> key as you click on the device in the Device-Specific Selection Box.
1. Hold down the <CTRL> key and click the 4321 router in the Device-Specific Selection Box.
2. Now click the space above the labels Router3, Router4, and Router5.
3. To cancel the operation, click the Cancel icon where the 4321 router was in the Device-Specific Selection Box.
Part 3: Copying the Devices
The user may also copy devices on the workspace in two ways.
Method #1: Drag your cursor over the devices that you want to copy.
1. Drag a box over Router3. It should appear faded.
2. Hold down the <CTRL> key and drag Router3 over the label Copy of Router3.
3. Repeat this with Router4 and Router5.
Method #2: Hold down the <SHIFT> key and click the devices to be copied.
1. Select Router1 and Router2 while holding down the <SHIFT> key will again have a faded look.
2. Hold down the <CTRL> key and drag the devices to the space over the label Copy of Router1 and release.